• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chatting with a Neighbor at the Dr.'s about Micro Cookers

In summary, the woman I was sitting with at the Dr.'s today said that her neighbor is considering quitting her business because she's not making as much money as she used to. I told her that I was a PC consultant and that I could help her out, since she loves the products so much. She asked me for my website, and I gave it to her. She also asked me about making a cake in the mini micro cooker, and I told her that I wasn't sure if there was a recipe for it, but I would email her one if I found one. Finally, she asked me what I did, and I said that I was a PC consultant. She seemed to be happy with that, and we ended the conversation
pamperedpnina
I was sitting in the waiting room at the Dr.'s today and was chatting with another women. I mentioned that I was a PC consultant and she said how much she loves the products and buys from a consultant who is a neighbor of hers and that her neighbor was thinking about quiting b/c of lack of buisness. So instead of asking her to buy anything/host a show I decided I'd just talk about something else b/c I in no way want to steal someones buisness. Well she went on to say how she LOVES her micro cooker, I asked her if her consultant has a website she said no why? I said b/c the Micro cooker is on the outlet, so she asked me for my website. I gave it to her...

Also we were chatting about the cooker and I mentioned that did she know she could make a cake in it. She said really? even the small one? I told her I was not sure if there was recipe for the small one but if she emailed me I'd try to find one for her? Is there? Or is it just for the rice cooker? I dont own a micro cooker yet (buying one from the outlet though LOL)

Nope. I don't think you were. You never know the relationship she has. If she was loyal and din't want anything from you she wouldn't have taken it. We do not own our customers and from myour side of the story you sound very respectful. The fact that your checking says that also.

I don't think u did anything wrong. Sounds like you tried to end the conversation and she continued it. And I agree if she were loyal to her consultant she would not have asked for/taken your info. I have people that buy from me and other consultants. I of course want them to be loyal to me but I want us both to succeed, so, it is nice they "spread" their orders some.

You were polite and meeting her current needs, nothing wrong with that. I have customers that buy from any of up to 10 consultants in the area. Sometimes it is me, most the time it isn't. No biggie! But if they come to me for something or I run across them, I meet their needs!

pamperedpnina said:
Also we were chatting about the cooker and I mentioned that did she know she could make a cake in it. She said really? even the small one? I told her I was not sure if there was recipe for the small one but if she emailed me I'd try to find one for her? Is there? Or is it just for the rice cooker? I dont own a micro cooker yet (buying one from the outlet though LOL)

I don't know about a cake in the micro cookers. I have only made them in the Rice Cooker Plus. I had a friend who was going to try it in one of the micro cooker but she has never told me the results. I will send her a message & ask. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from her.

You you did nothing wrong. You answered her questions and added value to products she already had. Now, if you had said, "Oh, you should switch to me as a consultant. I offer . . . " that would have been wrong. ;)

I made the one minute, 10 second cake recipe in the mini and it turned out fantastic. I think I cooked it for 8 or 9 minutes...

You did nothing wrong. You were very professional and did not put down her neighbor at all.

Her neighbor may be discouraged for other reasons and this may be her "safe reason". In other words, maybe the neighbor is discouraged and is not trying to stretch herself. It sounds better to tell someone that business is bad rather than saying...you know I just haven't put into the business what I should and I am getting discouraged."

1. How do Micro Cookers make cooking easier?

Micro Cookers are designed to cook food in the microwave quickly and evenly, saving you time and effort in the kitchen. They are also versatile and can be used for a variety of dishes, making meal preparation more convenient.

2. Are Micro Cookers safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, Micro Cookers are specifically designed to be used in the microwave and are safe for cooking. They are BPA-free and made with high-quality materials to ensure safety and durability.

3. Can I use Micro Cookers for reheating food?

Absolutely! Micro Cookers are great for reheating leftovers or frozen meals. They provide even heating and help to retain the moisture of the food, making it taste fresh and delicious.

4. How do I clean Micro Cookers?

Micro Cookers are dishwasher safe, making cleaning a breeze. You can also hand wash them with warm, soapy water. Just be sure to dry them thoroughly before storing.

5. Are there any special tips for using Micro Cookers?

To ensure the best results, it is recommended to use the lid when cooking with Micro Cookers. Also, be sure to follow the cooking times and temperatures specified in the recipe. And always use oven mitts or a kitchen towel when handling hot Micro Cookers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kaceyleigh2
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • magentablue
  • Products and Tips
Replies