• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: My Experience with the No-Demo Format

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of a no-demo format for product demonstrations and its impact on sales. Some participants have had lower sales and bookings with this format, while others have had success. Suggestions were given for ways to still incorporate demonstrations without traditional cooking demos. The importance of finding a format that works for each individual consultant's style was also emphasized.
mrssyvo
Well, I am not having as good of results as I expected with the no-demo format. I have done 4 shows in last week, using the no-demo format, and sales have been much lower than usual, as have bookings. I expected much better results, and I am not quite sure why I have not had the results I anticipated. It could be that I am not comfortable yet with the format, but I also think that people will buy the products that they see in action. I had 13 guests at the show last night, and sales is only at $325. Usually, when I have that many at a show, sales are AT LEAST $700. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please share. I do like not having to bring home dirty dishes, and I ask my hostesses at the end of the show how they feel about the format, and they all like it, because it is more relaxed, but I am not being of service to them, if the show totals are lower, they receive less in free product.

I always have a better show when I actually demo the products......not sure if it is personality or what, but the no-demo show doesn't work well for me either.

What I have been doing is not demo ing the recipe, but bringing a potato or something to show how the products work.

I don't have much luck with the no-demo shows either. I'm not sure why either. I feel like I need to be showing them something, even if it's just the cuke/lime or potato demo.

I thought about bringing the ingridence and have everyone at the show involved in making the recipe .... and demoing how the product works and I can talk about each product... BUT I am not sure how that would work....

yeah mrssvo,

How does your show go.. like what is your exact format? Do you demo some products with veggies and such, or do you talk about the products like a catalog walk thru,,? One thing you could try is getting them excited about the products, ask them what they have and why they like it..ect...? I dont know I havent done a no demo, and i am sure it would be VERY different.

I have everyone tell their favorite products during intro's, and we find the product in the catalog. I talk about stoneware, cookware (with ice cube demo), Simple Additions and forged cutlery. I demo the mandoline and food chopper with a potato, and then go over some of the new products, and then the door prize slips. I am not quite sure what the difference is, but it is sure showing in my stats.

That sounds really good! I dont know why that would have affected your stats. Does the crowd seem to be having fun? That is crazy. Maybe it was the crowd? Hmm.. dono.

Since I have done the no demo, it has not affected my sales, I think they actually went up a little.

I am doing a no-demo show this weekend because she does not have the space for it. I am serving a salad and the 30 minute chicken. I will let you know how it goes.

I too tried the no-demo format for a short time. I did have good sales, but I could not get comfy with it so I went back to my regular presentation and demoing a recipe. It's better for me and more my style.

I know a lot of people have good luck with that format, for me it didn't work. You just have to do what you feel good doing.

I sometimes get overwhelmed when I am doing a traditional demo and find myself having a hard time talking and cooking at the same time...... but I have found that if I ask everyone who has XXX product and what do they like about? before I start demoing it.... then I talk about the benefits of the product and what you can do with it...etc.. then I show them how to use it!!!

I think I am more comfortable demoing the product and talking, and I think I am able to add more of my personality when I am demoing, rather than just "lecturing" My next show is next Saturday, and I am demoing, and I will see how it goes, then decide.

let us know how it goes! I hope it goes well and your sales shoot up!

mrssyvo said:
I think I am more comfortable demoing the product and talking, and I think I am able to add more of my personality when I am demoing, rather than just "lecturing" My next show is next Saturday, and I am demoing, and I will see how it goes, then decide.

I think that is it for me too......I'm a comedienne......but I need props!:D

Now props are a good thing...... :D if we know how to use them properly LOL!!!!

1. What is "My No-Demo Experience"?

"My No-Demo Experience" is a unique approach to hosting Pampered Chef parties, where instead of having a traditional in-person cooking demonstration, the host and guests have a virtual experience where they can learn about our products and try out recipes from the comfort of their own homes.

2. How do I become a host for a "My No-Demo Experience" party?

To become a host, you can simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting a "My No-Demo Experience" party. They will guide you through the process and help you set up your virtual event.

3. Can I still earn host rewards with a "My No-Demo Experience" party?

Absolutely! As a host, you will still be eligible to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. Your consultant will provide you with all the details and help you maximize your rewards.

4. Do I need any special equipment to host a "My No-Demo Experience" party?

No, you do not need any special equipment. All you need is a computer or mobile device with internet access to join the virtual party. Your consultant will take care of the technical aspects and guide you through the process.

5. Can I invite guests from different locations to my "My No-Demo Experience" party?

Absolutely! One of the great things about a virtual party is that you can invite guests from anywhere, even if they are not in the same location as you. This allows for a larger guest list and more opportunities to connect with friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Shelli
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TBlackwell
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • Shortstuff0203