• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Made the Italian Calzone for a Show the Other Night and the

In summary, the Italian Calzone was a big hit with the show audience and the Mexican Calzone is a hit with the Host Appreciate. event audience. All three calzones were baked on a Rectangle Stone and fluted edges were used for a nice look. The Cheeseburger Calzone is great for families with little kids and the Mexican Calzone tastes just like a cheeseburger.
DebPC
Staff member
I made the Italian Calzone for a show the other night and the Cheeseburger one for a Host Apprec. event last night--tonight I'm making the Mexican. So far they have all been a big hit! I'm doing them on my Rectangle stone and not tweaking the ingredients at all and they work out really nicely on this stone because I can still flute the edges for a nice look. They bake up very nicely too. Shows alot of tools. This is a great way to get those Celebrations shows!
The Cheeseburger one is great for families with little kids. It really does taste exactly like a cheeseburger!
Mary Jo Oyer

I have to say that I find it rather funny that people want to take the Itallian Specialty and change it because they can't figure out how to do it when we have the needed tools to do so.

For the recipes on the Fast Family Favorites that use two crusts, you use some flour or to be more original, corn meal on the Large Stone. Roll out the dough. Then simply roll out the second crust on a floured Bakers Mat. After putting the filling on the crust on the stone, you simply "flip" the mat and dough onto the bottom and filling.
Remember when you fill the crust you only fill to one inch of the edge. Once the "top" is on the calzone, use some water on the bottom crust edge and "glue" the two pieces together and roll it slightly to seal. Use the Lift 'N Serve to place the calzone on the S.A. Large Stone.

If you are doing a traditional calzone, the semi-circular ones, roll out the dough on your floured or corn mealed stone. Fill 1/2 of the calzone, covering only half the dough and leave that one inch dough edge. Then using one half of the Lift 'N Serve, slide it under the unfilled piece of dough and flip it over onto the filled part. Wet the edge of the dough and "glue" the edge together. Gently roll the edge then to seal. Via Viola, Cazone!!

Simple as pie! Italian Pie that is!

I know the Bar Pan is more expensive and it would be more desireable to sell many of those but if you add up the total of the Large Stone, the rack and the Baker's Mat and the Lift 'N Serve, your total is several dollars higher then that of the Bar Pan. Plus you have given your customer's many more products with more versitile uses.

"Give them more, and they will want even MORE!"

"Bring your family back to the table with great tools and ideas."
John Watschke

I found that by pre-cooking the peppers and onions made a big difference... When you add them raw the water from the veggies leaks out....by pre-cooking them the calzone looks and tastes much better....give it a try. THE DANCING CHEF

1. How do I make the Italian Calzone?

To make the Italian Calzone, you will need pizza dough, your favorite pizza toppings, and marinara sauce. Roll out the pizza dough into a circle and place your desired toppings on one half of the dough. Fold the other half of the dough over the toppings and seal the edges. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

2. Can I use store-bought pizza dough for the Italian Calzone?

Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough for the Italian Calzone. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for baking time and temperature.

3. Can I make the Italian Calzone ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Italian Calzone ahead of time. After assembling the calzone, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and bake as directed.

4. Can I freeze the Italian Calzone?

Yes, you can freeze the Italian Calzone. After baking, let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag. When ready to eat, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

5. What are some recommended toppings for the Italian Calzone?

Some delicious toppings for the Italian Calzone include pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions. You can also add in some ricotta cheese or mozzarella for a cheesy filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies