1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need a dessert that can be made the night before

1. JenniK

JenniK Member

I've got a show Thursday night and it looks like there will be quite a few people there, so I'd like to bring a dessert (or sweet snack) for people to eat after the show. The only issue is I work 7am-5pm and the show is 45 minutes away and I need to be there at 6:30, so I have zero time to do anything when I get home. I could do a little during my lunch break.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Aug 26, 2009
  2. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

Most of the Trifle recipes can be made the night before.
    Janet's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle is awesome and tastes really good made the night before (you can do a search on here for Trifle recipes).

Aug 26, 2009
  3. SpiritdancerIA

SpiritdancerIA Member Gold Member

I have made the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake sort of in advance - I made up all the parts, and assembled them at the show (I didn't have a good way to transport it assembled). It worked pretty well, and everyone liked the flavor :)

4. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

I agree that the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake would be a good make ahead dessert. I thought it tasted better after chilling anyways. So lemony and refreshing!!

Aug 26, 2009
  5. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

We have at least two Fruit topped pizza recipes, that you make with either brownie mix or Pillsbury cookie tubes. You could bake that the night before, and then do the topping at the party.

I tried to attach but it seems to be taking forever. If you want to PM, me with your e-mail address, I will forward them to you.

Aug 26, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

The After Dinner Mint Triangles are really good. I've made these 2x now and they've been huge hits. I don't think they are terrific to do for a show (lots of bowls), but to serve and please a group they are great!

Aug 26, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I've made them ahead and kept them in the fridge. I even put one batch in the freezer because I knew I was taking them someplace a little further away and they'd be sitting out in a hot room. By the time they were served and eaten, they were perfect!

Aug 26, 2009
  8. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

mini carrot cake bites taste much better if made the day (or 2) before.

Aug 26, 2009
  9. JenniK

JenniK Member

The after dinner mint triangles sound good but I don't have a lot of the stuff it requires in my pantry which will make it kind of pricey and I don't have the PC medium pan... I also don't have a torte pan for the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake.

When you make the carrot cake bites in advance, do you wait to put the cream cheese on that day or in advance and keep chilled?

Aug 26, 2009
  10. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

when i make the carrot cakes in advance i have done it both ways...i prefer to put the cream cheese on though the day off. plus if you have the easy accent decorator that would be a great product to show while you are putting the cream cheese in the carrot cake cups. (i know the recipe says to use a baggie for that but i think the EAD is a better thing to use plus shows off more product) and these are very very yummy!!

Aug 26, 2009
  11. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I made the creamy mojito torte for a cluster meeting the night before, kept it in the fridge, it turned out great!

Aug 26, 2009
  12. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

For the carrot cakes---keep the cream cheese mixture chilled and then top using the EAD--that's what I did for my recent mystery host party at my house.

Aug 26, 2009
  13. JenniK

JenniK Member

Thank you all! I think I'm going to do the mini carrot cakes - I've been wanting to try them anways!!

It will be good b/c I can show of the EAD, the grater (for carrots), and food chopper (for nuts) and it won't take but 5 minutes. Those are all tools I won't be using in my main dish demo.

Aug 26, 2009
  14. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

And the medium scoop to fill the EAD! Makes it VERY easy!

Aug 26, 2009
Have something to add?