• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Dessert That Can Be Made the Night Before

The After Dinner Mint Triangles are really good. I've made these 2x now and they've been huge hits. I don't think they are terrific to do for a show (lots of bowls), but to serve and please a group they are great! When you make the carrot cakes in advance, do you wait to put the cream cheese on that day or in advance and keep chilled?When you make the carrot cakes in advance, do you wait to put the cream cheese on that day or in advance and keep chilled?
JenniK
I've got a show Thursday night and it looks like there will be quite a few people there, so I'd like to bring a dessert (or sweet snack) for people to eat after the show. The only issue is I work 7am-5pm and the show is 45 minutes away and I need to be there at 6:30, so I have zero time to do anything when I get home. I could do a little during my lunch break.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Most of the Trifle recipes can be made the night before.
Janet's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle is awesome and tastes really good made the night before (you can do a search on here for Trifle recipes).

I have made the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake sort of in advance - I made up all the parts, and assembled them at the show (I didn't have a good way to transport it assembled). It worked pretty well, and everyone liked the flavor :)

I agree that the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake would be a good make ahead dessert. I thought it tasted better after chilling anyways. So lemony and refreshing!!

We have at least two Fruit topped pizza recipes, that you make with either brownie mix or Pillsbury cookie tubes. You could bake that the night before, and then do the topping at the party.

I tried to attach but it seems to be taking forever. If you want to PM, me with your e-mail address, I will forward them to you.

The After Dinner Mint Triangles are really good. I've made these 2x now and they've been huge hits. I don't think they are terrific to do for a show (lots of bowls), but to serve and please a group they are great!

babywings76 said:
The After Dinner Mint Triangles are really good. I've made these 2x now and they've been huge hits. I don't think they are terrific to do for a show (lots of bowls), but to serve and please a group they are great!
I've made them ahead and kept them in the fridge. I even put one batch in the freezer because I knew I was taking them someplace a little further away and they'd be sitting out in a hot room. By the time they were served and eaten, they were perfect!

mini carrot cake bites taste much better if made the day (or 2) before.

The after dinner mint triangles sound good but I don't have a lot of the stuff it requires in my pantry which will make it kind of pricey and I don't have the PC medium pan... I also don't have a torte pan for the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake.

When you make the carrot cake bites in advance, do you wait to put the cream cheese on that day or in advance and keep chilled?

when i make the carrot cakes in advance i have done it both ways...i prefer to put the cream cheese on though the day off. plus if you have the easy accent decorator that would be a great product to show while you are putting the cream cheese in the carrot cake cups. (i know the recipe says to use a baggie for that but i think the EAD is a better thing to use plus shows off more product) and these are very very yummy!!

I made the creamy mojito torte for a cluster meeting the night before, kept it in the fridge, it turned out great!

For the carrot cakes---keep the cream cheese mixture chilled and then top using the EAD--that's what I did for my recent mystery host party at my house.

Thank you all! I think I'm going to do the mini carrot cakes - I've been wanting to try them anways!!

It will be good b/c I can show of the EAD, the grater (for carrots), and food chopper (for nuts) and it won't take but 5 minutes. Those are all tools I won't be using in my main dish demo.

JenniK said:
Thank you all! I think I'm going to do the mini carrot cakes - I've been wanting to try them anways!!

It will be good b/c I can show of the EAD, the grater (for carrots), and food chopper (for nuts) and it won't take but 5 minutes. Those are all tools I won't be using in my main dish demo.

And the medium scoop to fill the EAD! Makes it VERY easy!

1. What are some easy dessert options that can be made the night before?

Some easy dessert options that can be made the night before include no-bake cheesecake, chocolate trifle, fruit cobbler, and overnight oats.

2. Can I make a traditional cake or pie the night before?

Yes, you can make a traditional cake or pie the night before. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.

3. Are there any desserts that can be made ahead and frozen?

Yes, there are several desserts that can be made ahead and frozen, such as ice cream cake, cookie dough, and fruit crumble. Just be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container before freezing.

4. How long can I store a dessert in the fridge before serving?

Most desserts can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days before serving. However, it's always best to check the specific recipe for storage instructions.

5. Can I make a dessert the night before and then bake it the next day?

Yes, there are many desserts that can be partially prepared the night before and then baked the next day, such as bread pudding, apple crisp, and quiche. Just be sure to follow the recipe instructions for storing and baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • mom4angela