• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Show in 3 Weeks and the Host Wants to Know if She Can Start

In summary, it's important for the host to gather outside orders before the show to ensure a successful guest total. It's also helpful for the host to invite those who have already ordered, as it may result in more sales and attendance. Passing around a book at the show can be a great way to generate interest and sales, but it's important to make it clear that attending the show is still the main purpose.
Amagil
I have a show in 3 weeks and the host wants to know if she can start passing the book around. That seems great to me, but will people order from the book and therefore not attend the show? Should she still send invites to the people that order early? What do you veterans do? This will only be my second show.

Take orders before show!It's always a good idea for the host to gather outside orders before her show to ensure a successful show guest total.
Explain this to your host:
1. She should invite them to the show first but if ehy want to browse the catalog to get familiar with the products to be sold and demonstrated, that's ok.
2. If someone knows for sure they are not going to make it, defintely encourage an outside order from them.
3. Make sure your hosts have enough catalogs to pass around everywhere they might go in their daily schedule, especially if they may leave a catalog with someone to pick up an order later on.
4. Yes she should defintely invite those who have already ordered, highlighting the fact there will be delicious recipes to taste, they may order more just by seeing the products used in the demonstration.
5. People who order from the book may also get orders from their friends and family for the host who might not have been invited to the show.
Hope this helps.
Debbie

That's a great question! In my experience, passing around a book at a show can be a great way to generate interest and sales, especially if the host is someone who is well-connected and has a large network of potential buyers. However, it's important to make sure that the host is clear about the purpose of the book and that it is not meant to replace attending the show.I would suggest that the host still sends out invitations to those who order early, as it will serve as a reminder for them to attend the show and also give them an opportunity to invite others who may be interested. In my experience, it's always better to have more people at the show, even if they have already ordered from the book.As for what veterans do, it really depends on the individual and their specific situation. Some may prefer to focus solely on sales from the book, while others may see it as a way to generate more interest and attendance at the show. Ultimately, it's up to you and the host to decide what works best for your particular show. Good luck!

1. Can the host start promoting the show before the 3 week mark?

Yes, we encourage hosts to start promoting their show as soon as possible to ensure a successful turnout.

2. What should the host do to promote the show?

The host can share the show information with their friends and family, post on social media, and distribute physical invitations. They can also ask guests to RSVP to get an accurate headcount.

3. Can the host collect orders before the show?

Yes, the host can collect orders from guests before the show. This can help with the ordering process and ensure that everyone gets their desired products.

4. Can the host change the date or time of the show?

The host can certainly change the date or time of the show if necessary. It is important to communicate any changes to the guests and update the show information on our website.

5. What should the host do if they can't attend the show?

If the host is unable to attend the show, they can still have someone else host the show on their behalf. They can also work with their consultant to reschedule the show for a later date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies