• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Host Scheduled in a Week From Tomorrow and Have Not Been Able

something happened to her computer and she can't get into her email?I think that something did happen to her computer and she can't get into her email.
LBurke
I have a host scheduled in a week from tomorrow and have not been able to get ahold of her.:mad: We have only done most of the 1st coaching call and have not yet set a menu or more importantly a TIME for her show!:eek: She was a guest of a guest at the show she booked from so I can't play that card - and the host she booked from is counting on the booking benefit! (Oh and the friend she came with, yeah, can't get ahold of her to close her show she had almost a month ago now!):mad: :mad:

I have had a personal event come up for the night of her show and if I'm going to be unemployeed for the night would like to know so I can rsvp for it. I'm sorry this is so long, but bottom line is, I'm looking for some verbage to use to leave a message for her tonight basically saying I need to know if we're a go or not. I've already left several messages and an email or two and have gotten no response.

Thanks in advance

I would call and leave her a message that you have not heard back from her and are assuming she has not sent out invitations (since a time was never discussed) and unless you hear back from her by ____ time you will make other plans for the night.
Honestly, if you don't have a time set and the show is a week away, you're not working that night. This is exactly why I get guest lists from my hosts ONE MONTH before their show.

Yeah, I know... I need to start setting a time at the show when we set the date. Lesson learned. Just holding out hope! She was sooo excited at the party she booked from. I'm gonna try one more time to get ahold of her friend and see if I can find out if something's up, then will leave her a message with the wording you used.
Thanks!

I had this problem a week ago. Hadn't heard from the host after 4 weeks of leaving messages. My last message on Thursday (show to be sat.) was, since I haven't heard from you, I'm assuming you are not planning on your show. You can make your show into a catalog show and still enjoy the benefits of a host. I will need to close your show by_____________. (leave time and date).

LBurke said:
Yeah, I know... I need to start setting a time at the show when we set the date. Lesson learned.
The easy way to deal with this is always have your shows at the same time. I do mine at 7:00. It's late enough that people don't expect a full meal and they've been able to feed their own families. But it's early enough that we aren't at the host's house until midnight.

chefann said:
The easy way to deal with this is always have your shows at the same time. I do mine at 7:00. It's late enough that people don't expect a full meal and they've been able to feed their own families. But it's early enough that we aren't at the host's house until midnight.

Hmmm... I like this idea... 7 it is!

lockhartkitchen said:
I had this problem a week ago. Hadn't heard from the host after 4 weeks of leaving messages. My last message on Thursday (show to be sat.) was, since I haven't heard from you, I'm assuming you are not planning on your show. You can make your show into a catalog show and still enjoy the benefits of a host. I will need to close your show by_____________. (leave time and date).

Julie, what was her response?

That was my call to her Friday AM. I forgot to type that I also left a message Thursday night that said, "I assumed you were able to get the ingredients from my website since I hadn't heard from you. I hope your guests won't go hungry. I'll see you at 11:00". When I hadn't heard by the next day, I didn't want to drive 40 minutes away to nothing, so thats' when I left the message Friday.Friday night I was gone for a short time. She left a phone message at 8:00 PM. and emailed me. "Yes I'm planning on having my show and I have all the food. If I don't hear from you by 8:30 PM, I will call my friends and let them know you cancelled."Mind you, I had continued to leave messages for over 4 weeks also requesting her email. So obviously she had my number. Do you think she had invited people? I don't think so. I got home after nine, so I emailed her back. I let her know that this was a business for me, and I had to have notice to get things ready. It would have been nice to have returned my calls. Because I work for myself, I can choose who I partnership with. I need to partnership with people who are honest with me. I told her if she wanted to turn her show into a catalog show she could call our HO (gave her the number) to find a consultant that best meets her needs. She emailed back in the AM Saturday and said she was just now calling guests to cancel her show. She was sorry if she wasn't in need of such constant communication as I must feel I need. She said she didn't need to be reminded of things. (mind you there was not return call for 4 weeks. I didn't know if she had even got the ingredients. I know she gets the calls, because she is selling her house and the message machine says she'll get right back about the house). She said she was sorry if there was any type of communication problem. I referred her to a consultant closer to her I know.

Seriously! A half hour window when she was leaving a message?!:confused: Constant communication? How about ANY communication! Be glad to be rid of her!:yuck: I had a host like that early on and was so glad to be rid of her. She kept rescheduling at the last minute until she finally just canceled cause I pushed for her guest list. I don't understand why people don't realize this is a job! This is how I pay for my son's diapers! If I'm unemployeed for the night...:blushing:

I know my host invited one person through my website (who has not viewed the invite, mind you, cause we can check that). I am now adopting Ann's we start at 7 philosophy, but have been setting the start time at 12am on the website til we set somthing. I was sitting down to call her and saw that her start time says 6pm. Now I am trying to rack my brain (which has been a little cramped and fuzzy lately) to remember if I set it that way or if she's did! I think I am going to forget about her and her friend who won't close her show and enjoy my weekend.:cool: I'll call monday saying if I don't hear from her I'll be at her house at 5 on Friday to set up for her 6pm show and will bring ingredients for a recipe with me. I can still make my other thing at 6 if she's not there or calls to cancel.

Both these hosts were interested in signing and were so excited about their shows! What is up? Errr! I was counting on all my Oct shows to try and get some Nov./Dec. bookings!

Good luck Laurie. This was my only client I have ever had this problem with. But I can count my blessings. After reading what some people have experienced, I'm glad it was just one that flopped. I moved on. So my 11 shows dropped down to 10 shows. Good news is, I just had an $800 close today. It makes two $400 shows. Yippee!

Thought I'd update...
The host who needs to close called back today and had yet another (lame) excuse for why she had to call me back Monday to close... errr. However, she works with the MIA host for next Friday, so I asked if she could have her call me... we'll see if that happens, but it's something... Oh, and my other thing I had for that night turns out to be tonight and I have a show... GRRR.
Baby steps, right!

Finallyfinally got an email from the host for friday saying her 5 month old has been sick for a couple of weeks and she won't be able to do her show as she's a single mom and it's just too much for her right now. At least I know but it would have been nice to have heard that last week! Whatever. She said she'd gather some orders for a catalog show. I told her the host she booked from was already waiting to put in a $50 order, so that should help her out a little and to let me know if she wasn't able to gather anything so I could find another way to get the booking benefit for the other girl. We'll see what happens!
Thanks for all your advice and help!

Well at least you finally know~and it sounds like not all is lost, hopefully she will put in a catalog show!!

Related to I Have a Host Scheduled in a Week From Tomorrow and Have Not Been Able

1. What should I do if I have a host scheduled in a week from tomorrow and have not been able to contact them?

If you have not been able to contact your host, we recommend reaching out to them through multiple channels, such as email, phone, and social media. You can also try asking mutual friends or family members to help get in touch with your host. If all else fails, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

2. Can I reschedule the party if my host is unable to attend?

Yes, you can definitely reschedule the party if your host is unable to attend. Please reach out to your host to find a new date that works for both of you. If you are unable to find a suitable date, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

3. What if my host cancels the party at the last minute?

If your host cancels the party at the last minute, we recommend reaching out to them to find out the reason for the cancellation. If there is a valid reason, you can offer to reschedule the party for a later date. If your host is unable to reschedule, you can still hold a virtual party or offer to do a catalog or online party instead.

4. Can I still earn rewards if my host cancels the party?

If your host cancels the party, you will not be able to earn rewards for that particular event. However, you can still earn rewards by holding another party with a different host or by reaching out to your network and getting additional party bookings.

5. What happens if my host does not have enough guests to meet the minimum requirement?

If your host does not have enough guests to meet the minimum requirement, we recommend reaching out to your host to see if they can invite more people or combine the party with another host. You can also offer to do a catalog or online party instead. If your host is unable to meet the minimum requirement, you will not be able to earn rewards for that particular party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lesliec
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows