• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Prepare for My Show Without Knowing the Host's Recipe Choice?

In summary, Tammy reached out to the host to plan a show for tomorrow night, but did not receive a response. The show went well and Tammy secured three bookings.
lesliec
I can't get ahold of the host for my show tomorrow night. I talked to her last week, and I know she has a good bit of RSVP's, so I don't think she is cancelling on me, but I don't know how to prepare for the recipe. She hasn't told me which one she wants to do. I gave her 3 totally different options (I know probably too many), and would have to lug in lots of different tools, and possibly even borrow some stuff from my director on some of them, so it is really a burden!!!!
What would you do? I know she started a new job this week and is probably really busy. I still have tonight to talk to her, but am stressed about possibly not hearing back from her again.

I would call today- and if you got a voicemail, be prepared to leave a message that since you hadn't heard from her about the recipe, that you will go ahead and plan on doing the XX recipe. If she is buying the ingredients, tell her you'll email her the shopping list. (I'd pick the recipe that probably is the cheapest/easiest to get ingredients for.) Also, let her know what time you will be arriving at her home for the show. Let her know you are excited and looking forward to it!If she does not LIKE that recipe you select, she will definitely call you! If she's canceling, she'll call. But chances are, it's like you said, she's been busy and it just slipped her mind.

Thanks Bobbi, that is awesome, I will most assuredly be calling and using those words.

I would say something similar to what Bobbi proposed: Hi, its Anne, from PC. I'm sorry we haven't been able to connect. I am excited about you show. i was thinking, since we haven't been able to connect and you are so busy, I am just going to pick up the ingredients for X. If that doesn't work, please don't hesitate to call me!

I agree with all that has been said. Little twist though....Hopefully one of the recipes that you gave her to choose from you have all of the items that are needed to make it so that you don't have to borrow anything. Definitely apply the KISS principle. If you don't know it, Keep It Simple Simon. Sometimes the simpliest recipes go a long way. What a great time to introduce a DCB recipe since it sounds like your host is busy. Good Luck!Tammy
Team Leader

what happened? Did you finally get a hold of the host? How did the show go? How about the recipe? Give us an update!

Yes, I did finally get ahold of her. She had surgery. Funny thing is, she planned the show intentionally right after her surgery b/c she knew she would have time off from work. Crazy. Show ended up going well and she had a lot more guests than RSVP's (about 15) it was so much fun, my best show yet, not too huge in sales-still haven't closed yet, but i finally feel like i am building my confidence at this thing. I did get 3 bookings (2 shows and 1 catty show). I won't turn that down.

What should I do if I can't get ahold of the host?

If you are unable to reach the host for your Pampered Chef party or event, here are some steps you can take:

1. Check the contact information you have for the host and make sure it is correct. If you have an email address or phone number, try reaching out through those methods.

2. Contact the Pampered Chef consultant who invited you to the party. They may have additional contact information for the host or be able to assist you in getting in touch with them.

3. Reach out to the host's friends or family members who may have attended the party or know how to get in touch with them.

4. If all else fails, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service at 1-888-OUR-CHEF for assistance.

5. If you are a consultant trying to reach a host, you can also contact your team leader or director for guidance on how to handle the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies