• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up...

In summary, the person is paying $180 for their website renewal and is considering whether or not to keep it. They use their website all the time and appreciate the value, but are concerned about the price increase.
Amanda_RI
Gold Member
I do remember reading something about it.
And before anyone jumps down my throat, I totally get that $15/month is a great deal for what we get with our websites!

But the fact is, they don't charge me $15/mo. They're taking $180 of my commission next month, and THAT is a chunk of change!

I guess I just had a bit of sticker shock when I got my renewal notice in my email this morning.

when I did mine I had the same feeling - I would much rather a monthly charge than paying for a whole year up front

HHMM..now I have to debate if I want to keep it. I don't know that I have that right now. I really don't use my website all that much..and yes I know that that is my fault..but wow..hhmm..need to think about this.

Why are you paying for premium tools? do you use them that much? and why not pay 6 months at a time - life is too short to committ to more than that...:D

I dont remember a 6 month option.........I use my website ALL the time!! I always have shows going through it and sometimes my downlines shows when they dont have site. I also use the newsletters. I know its worth it, but all at once.... GULP

Well..I just looked..and since I don't use the premium..it is $120 for me..I think I will get it again. I do use it for shows..and would like to utilize it more this year.

the option is there for 6 months or 1 year - you save some by taking it for 1 year, but if the funds are tight, the amount saved is not a factor.

you dont need to pay the premium tool price for newsletters or shows...that is the great thing about them offereing the PWS to us. If I remember correctly the premium tool option was for Directors and above to utilize communications for their cluster/team....sending ecards and such.

I tried Premium Tools for 6 months, and then canceled it. For many of my downline it never formatted correctly when I sent stuff through there, and I know that my upline has sent stuff to me through Premium Tools and I never got it - so for me, it wasn't worth the added expense.

I pay $66 for 6 months at a time. I guess I'm not aware of regular and premium websites? What's the difference?

Brenda.the.chef said:
I pay $66 for 6 months at a time. I guess I'm not aware of regular and premium websites? What's the difference?

Premium Tools is an option to add to your PWS that allows you to send e-cards to your downline. It is not anything your customers see, and it does not affect the way your PWS looks.

I get e-cards from my upline occasionally, and they're nice, but I can't say I'd want to pay extra for them.

I also do the six months at a time and don't use the premium tools - I was going to look at it after I promote to director but really think I like the newsletters Joy sets up for us using Tasty Tidbits. I'm already paying for that service and I've never liked the format I've gotten from my upline that use the premium tools.

However, I didn't know there was a commission adjustment option to pay for our websites. I've always used my debit card - I'd much rather use commission adjustment.

There is no commission adjustment - I think it was meant that that money was coming from what she earned. I do wish there was a quarterly option as well as a semi-anual and annual. I love my website:sing:

Right, right--when I said it was coming out of my commission, I meant that I'll get paid on 3/8, and on 3/16, the money will come out of my account via/debit card.

I do use the premium tools--it is so easy to click one button, and be able to send a message out to my whole team.

I've always done a year at a time--my hosts use the website, and you do save some by signing up for 12 months vs. 6 months.

Like I said, it was just a bit of sticker shock. It's an excellent value as it is, just a lot during what is a tight time financially. Maybe I'll consider switching to 6 months just for this year?

Just went on--since I use the Premium Tools, I want to keep them. If I go for the 6 month subscription it's $102. So, it means for this year, I'll spend an extra $24, but that's worth it to me, to save $78 this month.

this is the first year i have had a web site my is up for renewal .do i have to renew this or does it automatically come of my debit card????

it will come off your card so make sure the $$ are there

I switched to the 1 year thing b/c it was cheaper and tax returns come in March. That way I don't have to worry about it in September. I do use it but really need to update it!

Tax refund???? What's that??:eek:

otisbg said:
Tax refund???? What's that??:eek:

your website is a business write off.

I know sweetie...but you also have to show a profit for 3 out of 5 years...so I can only write off so much. With a 2 income household, plus my PC business..We have to pay taxes this year - both Federal & State.

otisbg said:
I know sweetie...but you also have to show a profit for 3 out of 5 years...so I can only write off so much. With a 2 income household, plus my PC business..We have to pay taxes this year - both Federal & State.

Easy fix - change your W-4 at both of your employers. If you don't already, make sure box #5 is zero (withholds the most) and that you claim "Married but withholding at the single higher rate" and then if that still doesn't cut it, box #6 is for having extra withheld.

Unless you're ok with owing. I would crap my pants if I owed the gov't but that's just me.

Thanks so much...I will look into that option and feel dumb for not thinking of it sooner. Just another reason why I love ChefSuccess!:love:

What is "I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..." about?

"I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..." is a humorous and relatable song about the rising costs of everyday items and the struggle to keep up with them.

Who wrote and performed "I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..."?

The song was written and performed by Pampered Chef's very own team member, John Smith. He is also a talented musician and songwriter outside of his work with Pampered Chef.

Is "I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..." available for purchase or streaming?

Yes, "I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..." is available for purchase and streaming on popular music platforms such as iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon Music.

Can I use "I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..." in my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef team member, you have permission to use "I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..." in your business presentations and events. However, please make sure to credit John Smith as the author and performer of the song.

Does Pampered Chef offer any other creative resources like "I Guess I Knew the Price Was Going Up..."?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of creative resources for team members to use in their business, including songs, videos, and social media graphics. These can be found on the Pampered Chef Consultant website under the "Resources" tab.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adriennegskitchen
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies