• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

[I Couldn't Figure Out Where to Post This, so I Figured I'd Put It

In summary, the problem is that the host/customer does not provide full contact information. This is necessary for product warranty purposes.
pchefinski
[I couldn't figure out where to post this, so I figured I'd put it here. Hope that's okay.]

I don't really want to entertain discouragement, but I think that my problem may be something that I can change. I feel like I'm not taken seriously when it comes to my business. When I coach my hosts, it seems like they don't take me seriously. They don't work for outside orders and I have to /battle/ to get contact information from the guests. (My last host refused to give me her home phone number -- I got lost on the way to her house for the show, as she didn't give me any directions to her place, and without the luck of finding a woman who lived near her at the gas station, I would have had to just drive home and wait for her to call me.) I tell them that it's for business purposes only but I get order forms with no last names or no addresses and I rarely get a phone number! I've had to call the host and get a last name because PP won't let you put in an order without one (duh!), but when I tell them I need an address as well, they refuse and say the guest does not want to give that out. Is the address a necessity to have a product warranty? I tell the host/customers I need their FULL contact information so I can keep in touch with them to make sure their products are working correctly and help them if needed. Without phone numbers or addresses, I cannot make CCs, and cannot secure any further bookings, which leaves my schedule completely empty and me totally frustrated because I've hit a bunch of dead ends from not having anything to follow through with. I know that some people don't want to be heckled with phone calls soliciting a product. But why are my customers (and hosts!) so averse to giving me their full contact information? If they ordered a product from any company, online or through the mail, they'd have to give full contact information, so why do they neglect to follow through when placing an order with me? I don't have money lying around to "give a prize" to everyone who fills out their name and information - that's like the desperate teachers who used to give students 10 points just for writing their name at the top of the paper! lol Last October I did a fair and when I brought home my drawing slips, over 3/4 of them had no phone number. Some of them had just an email address and a name. I do understand that there are freaks out there that get people's information and steal their identity.. But if you don't want to give me your last name, address and a valid phone number, then go to Wal-Mart to buy your (crappy) spatulas! (Sorry.) Have I just had a string of lazy hosts or is there something I'm doing wrong? I really want to earn a trip in 2007, but if I'm doing something wrong, that will NEVER happen until I fix my problem. Part of my problem is that I don't feel confident sometimes in my business. I often feel discombobulated, disorganized and unknowledgeable. I know some people see me as this teenager (I'm 24, but I guess I look young for my age) and maybe they don't take me as a serious businesswoman. I'm trying to learn more about the products, and to get myself organized. If anyone has any tips about anything I just rambled about, I'd REALLY appreciate it. I struggle so much with this, and I don't know why it's not something I can't just fix and move on.

First -- take a deep breath. There will always be a handful of people out there who march to the beat of their own drum -- and boy can it be annoying!

Filling out names and numbers:
I always say I need this information for your warranty. i.e. "make sure you fill out the order form completely so that I can submit your warranty info to Pampered Chef. that way when I hit the lottery and retire to the islands you can call Pampered Chef directly and they'll have you info on hand. " I somtimes have this problem with outside orders so I always include a note on their receipt indicating I need this info asap.

At events I always tell them "I only call winners -- if you lose, I will throw your number away and you'll never hear from me again!" Of course, everyone wins somthing -- free cooking show, season's best...

Taking you seriously -- tell people that while there are some people who do direct sales as a hobby or part-time, this is your full-time job that pays for x y or z. There was a great letter I once saw here that you could send to hosts in the begining that talks about this.

As far as the host who would not give you her number -- that's crazy!

I'm so sorry you have to go through this -- this will pass and you will meet better hosts and guests, I promise!

Wow, I've had some people not give me much contact info, but not that many! At my Saturday show, the lady only put her first name on the order form & on the door prize slip. (She must not know that I mail out the invites & already have the rest of the info!)

Did you ask the host why she wouldn't give you the phone number? If that ever happened again, I would use the "what if I got lost" scenario with them. Sometimes all I have is a cell phone for a host--is that what you had? If not, how did you contact her for host coaching?

I would do like Mandy said & tell them you need it for the warranty. Let them know you don't share that info & that you will only contact them to follow up on the order (& can ask then if they mind if you keep them updated when new products come out, etc.). Maybe they have had run-ins with consultants who kept calling them & calling them???

Good luck! I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong. Maybe just phrase why you need it differently?

She had given me her work phone number, which is what I used to do her coaching. But that number doesn't work at 6:15pm on a Saturday night! lol I think from now on I may just send out the invitations for the host (and promote it as a perk of hosting with me) -- I've not done that yet b'c I don't have the $10 to shell out of our normal budget for stamps for each show. Maybe it's time to take a leap of faith and do it to see what will happen.Thanks ladies :) I appreciate it.

Dear frustrated consultant,First of all, I want to assure you that you are not alone in facing these challenges. It can be difficult to feel taken seriously as a young businesswoman, especially in the direct sales industry. However, I want to encourage you to not let that discourage you from pursuing your goals and dreams.In regards to your issue with getting contact information from your hosts and guests, I have a few suggestions that may help. First, make sure to clearly communicate the importance of having complete contact information for warranty purposes and future follow-ups. Let them know that it is not just for your benefit, but for their benefit as well in case they need assistance with their products.Secondly, consider offering an incentive for guests to provide their information. This could be something as simple as a raffle entry for a small prize or a discount on a future purchase. It may also be helpful to have a sign-up sheet or a form for guests to fill out with their information, making it easier for them to provide it.Lastly, don't be afraid to follow up with your hosts and guests after the show. If you still don't have their complete contact information, reach out to them and kindly request it. You can also use this opportunity to thank them for their support and offer any assistance they may need with their products.Remember, building a successful business takes time and effort. Don't let a few setbacks discourage you from reaching your goals. Keep learning, stay organized, and stay confident in yourself and your business. You've got this!Best of luck,
A fellow pampered chef consultant

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. We are dedicated to making cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable for our customers.

How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date and time for the party. The consultant will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary information and tools to make your party a success.

Are there any benefits to hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, there are many benefits to hosting a Pampered Chef party. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as have the opportunity to try out new recipes and kitchen tools. You also get to spend quality time with friends and family while learning new cooking techniques.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant! We welcome individuals who are passionate about cooking, enjoy sharing their love for kitchen tools, and want to earn extra income. You can sign up to become a consultant on our website or reach out to a current consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mama2emma