• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Add My Business Label to Bridal Shower Gifts?

In summary, it is tacky to ask the host if they would like you to affix your contact information to the Seasons Best Cookbooks given as a shower gift. However, if the host has paid for the cookbooks themselves, then it is not tacky to include your contact information.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have an upcoming Pampered Chef Bridal Shower. The host has ordered from me 25 Fall/Winter Seasons Best Cookbooks that she is going to have the bride write a nice note inside the cover and give each guest at the shower. My dilema.....do I affix one of my labels (name, phone #, webside address) to the S/B? Does it sound tacky?

I would ask the host & bride if that would be okay. I would bet she'd be fine with it. Maybe offer free shipping on the cookbooks for being able to add your info to the books.

pkd09 said:
I have an upcoming Pampered Chef Bridal Shower. The host has ordered from me 25 Fall/Winter Seasons Best Cookbooks that she is going to have the bride write a nice note inside the cover and give each guest at the shower. My dilema.....do I affix one of my labels (name, phone #, webside address) to the S/B? Does it sound tacky?

The host has paid for these herself? Absolutely not -- that is beyond tacky. If you are providing them as a gift, then sure feel free to advertise all you want.

leftymac said:
The host has paid for these herself? Absolutely not -- that is beyond tacky. If you are providing them as a gift, then sure feel free to advertise all you want.

I agree except in the case that the host is asked and they are given at a Pampered Chef shower. If the host has reservations about it at all do not do it but she might not.

I think it's tacky to ask, since the host is paying for them herself.

leftymac said:
I think it's tacky to ask, since the host is paying for them herself.

I agree to a point. I never put my info on one that is purchased from me, only on those I give away. But in this circumstance I'd consider at least feeling the host out.

BethCooks4U said:
I agree to a point. I never put my info on one that is purchased from me, only on those I give away. But in this circumstance I'd consider at least feeling the host out.

I completely disagree. The host may feel like she "has" to say yes (and while we all know that it is the host's own issue if she feels like she "has" to say yes, we should know better than to put them in that position) and she is giving them as a gift.

If the consultant wants to get her name out to the shower guests in advertising, pass out a business card or provide her own gifts. But don't ask the host if you can advertise on things that she herself is purchasing for gifts. It's just in poor taste.

Thank you all for your input. Now you know why I was so 50/50 on it. I see both sides.

I would not put your info on them. As a guest receiving one I probably would notice and not like it. BUT if I was you in this situation, I would give an equal number of business cards with the SB. Then if the host wants to pass along your info to the guest she can.

I could see if you offered to buy them (with the host paying) on a supply order at your discount that it would be okay to put your information on them. But if she's out right paying for them herself then I say no. Just make sure everyone goes home with your business card!

I agree that it's tacky. I know that if I received one of the books then I would be disappointed that someone's info was on there. I think the idea of giving the host a handful of business cards to pass out is a wonderful idea!

I have to agree with Keith... It is pretty tacky, but I also think including where you registered in your wedding invitation to be pretty tacky as well. The best way to stay in contact with everyone is get their email at check out and add them to your newsletter. I recently met a consultant (hospitality through another director) who bought one of my season's bests at a fair with my info attached to it. However, when she went to sign, she signed with someone else, because I did not know her. She told me the last time I saw her, and we had a good laugh over that!

Since someone else is buying them... treat it like any other purchase. Do you mark any other products you sell with your contact info?

There will be other opportunities at the shower for you to get your contact info out... I would not mark the cookbooks or even ask.

I usually attach a standard address size label over the bar code / PC info on the back. I don't think it is noticeable at all, and if I were a guest and going to use the recipes and had question, I think it would be handy to have contact info there. I have been called a few times wondering about substitutions and sizes.In my opinion if I were a guest I wouldn't mind at all. Mara

Maragib said:
I usually attach a standard address size label over the bar code / PC info on the back. I don't think it is noticeable at all, and if I were a guest and going to use the recipes and had question, I think it would be handy to have contact info there. I have been called a few times wondering about substitutions and sizes.

In my opinion if I were a guest I wouldn't mind at all.

Mara

Do you do this on stuff that people purchase from you? Or stuff that you give out?

Customers have a right to purchase unmarked products.

Tacky or not, I suggest not doing it simply because the guests may then not realize it's a gift from the host and bride, but think it's coming from you, instead. Imagine if your sister handed you a present on your birthday. Once you unwrap it you see a note inside that says "I love you. Happy Birthday. Mom." You'd assume the gift was from your Mom, not your sister, right?

wadesgirl said:
I could see if you offered to buy them (with the host paying) on a supply order at your discount that it would be okay to put your information on them. But if she's out right paying for them herself then I say no. Just make sure everyone goes home with your business card!

That's the kind of circumstance I was referring to - if you give her a discount on them (supply order, free shipping, 10% off...) I see no issue with then asking to add your info. If you ask in the right way she can say no without feeling pressured. If she paid full price I wouldn't ask just as I don't add the info if someone buys a cookbook at a show. I have had hosts purchase them for gifts and tell me to add my info with no prompting from me.

I do however add my info to any seasonings purchased so the guest has an easy way to contact me for refills. Many have thanked me for doing that.

leftymac said:
Do you do this on stuff that people purchase from you? Or stuff that you give out?

Keith - well I don't attach to the ones ordered at shows because I do not get those to hand out the host does. However, ones that I sell at booths are labeled and I haven't had anyone put one down because of it.

I am just saying I wouldn't mind.

Mara

I use the clear labels and put the label on the inside back cover of SB that I hand out as prizes or sell at booths - usually I only include my website on the label and no one has ever minded. If you are worried about it, simply ask.

I use return address labels on the back that just say my name, phone #, and website. It's really small and it goes over the 1800 #.Maybe what you could say is "I usually put a tiny label on the back cover of SB cookbooks, that I give out at parties, in case anyone should have a question about a recipe. Would you like me to do that or should I leave them off?"

I do put labels on the ones I give out as freebies, but I would not advertise on something that a customer purchases to give out as a gift. ;)

I give lots of those away. The ones I give away I make sure have my contact information on them. However, place me firmly in the camp of "not on ones purchased by a customer to give out." It is their gift to give, not mine. Plus, if someone is looking for a PC Consultant they'll know to ask the person they received the SBRC from.

interesting thread. Question: What would the difference be in putting your label on the S/B and putting a label on the outside box of say, the Mandoline? I would do that if I knew that the Mandoline was being given as a gift to someone because those darn things are so tricky for someone that's never used one, that I'd want to be sure they had a point of contact for questions. Same with any recipe questions that would come up. Maybe the label would say more than just business info, maybe something like:
"This cookbook is a token from _____(name of bride) to say Thank You for all your well wishes and if you need any help with these recipes, feel free to call me, _____ (name of consultant) at XXX-XXX-XXXX
...I don't know just a thought.

ChefKelebel said:
interesting thread. Question: What would the difference be in putting your label on the S/B and putting a label on the outside box of say, the Mandoline? I would do that if I knew that the Mandoline was being given as a gift to someone because those darn things are so tricky for someone that's never used one, that I'd want to be sure they had a point of contact for questions. Same with any recipe questions that would come up. Maybe the label would say more than just business info, maybe something like:
"This cookbook is a token from _____(name of bride) to say Thank You for all your well wishes and if you need any help with these recipes, feel free to call me, _____ (name of consultant) at XXX-XXX-XXXX
...I don't know just a thought.

The difference is that the box can be thrown away. The cookbook would always have the label on it.

Same thing when I purchase a car and the dealer tries to attach their insignia on the car. I make them remove it b/c I'm not gonna provide advertising for them when I just spent money there.

Bottom line, and most people agree -- If you aren't providing the gift, it's beyond tacky to attach your advertising to it. If you want to spread the word about your business at the shower (which is not tacky), we have other tools/methods to do so.

ChefKelebel, a sticker for gifted items is an interesting idea. I do think there's a difference. No one is going to have trouble with a SBRC. And, if they have questions the host can point them in my direction.However, you've given me an idea. I've started mentioning the holidays at my shows. I think I might make stickers available that say:If you have any questions about
or problems with this product,
please don't hesitate to contact
my consultant [contact information].I think I'll just have them available in case someone wants them to put on gifts they're giving. It wouldn't be seen as my trying to piggyback advertising to their gift because it would be their choice--kind of like providing a gift receipt from something they purchased at a retail store. Thanks for the idea.

Should I or Should I Not Buy a Pampered Chef Product?

Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about purchasing Pampered Chef products:

1. Should I buy Pampered Chef products if I already have similar kitchen tools?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and needs. Our products are designed to be high-quality and durable, so they may be a worthwhile investment even if you already have similar tools. Plus, many of our products have unique features that can make cooking and baking easier and more efficient.

2. Should I buy Pampered Chef products if I'm on a budget?

We understand that everyone has different financial situations, which is why we offer a range of products at different price points. You can also take advantage of our monthly specials and discounts to get the best deals on our products.

3. Should I buy Pampered Chef products if I don't cook or bake often?

Our products are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable, so they can still be beneficial even if you don't do it frequently. Plus, some of our products have multiple uses and can be used for other tasks in the kitchen.

4. Should I buy Pampered Chef products if I have a small kitchen?

We offer a variety of compact and space-saving products that are perfect for smaller kitchens. You can also take advantage of our storage solutions to keep your kitchen organized and clutter-free.

5. Should I buy Pampered Chef products if I'm not a confident cook or baker?

Our products are designed to be user-friendly and can help make cooking and baking easier, even for beginners. We also offer recipe ideas and tips to help you get the most out of your products and build your skills in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JaimeAnnR
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies