• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Influence the Bride's Choice of Cookware for Her Bridal Shower?

In summary, the speaker is discussing their plan to convince a bride to choose their cookware for her bridal shower, despite the fact that she has already registered for a less expensive set at Target. They suggest emphasizing the quality and lifetime warranty of their cookware, and reminding the bride that the shower is for her wish list and guests may be willing to purchase more expensive items. They also suggest using an example of a friend who was dissatisfied with a cheaper set from Target.
pampchefrhondab
I have a bridal shower the end of this month. I received the bride's wish list and it has the 12" skillet and 10" saute pan listed, but not a set of cookware.

I have gotten smart and started checking for registries w/other companies for my bride/groom when I have a shower. I've discovered they have registered for a set of cookware at Target - nothing as nice as our cookware. I don't want to let the bride know I looked for her registries, but I want her to get OUR cookware!

I think I'm going to try to call her this weekend and just say I saw she registered for two pieces, does she know much about our cookware and go from there. I'll try to sell the features of our cookware to her.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
pampchefrhondab said:
I have a bridal shower the end of this month. I received the bride's wish list and it has the 12" skillet and 10" saute pan listed, but not a set of cookware.

I have gotten smart and started checking for registries w/other companies for my bride/groom when I have a shower. I've discovered they have registered for a set of cookware at Target - nothing as nice as our cookware. I don't want to let the bride know I looked for her registries, but I want her to get OUR cookware!

I think I'm going to try to call her this weekend and just say I saw she registered for two pieces, does she know much about our cookware and go from their. I'll try to sell the features of our cookware to her.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

I think that is a good way to do it. I;d try to find out why she didn't register for all of it. She may be thinking that the price of ours was too much for a registry (I've found that a lot of brides worry about that) but let her know her different options for purchasing it - she could buy it for 1/2 off, or family members could go in together to purchase it for her at full price or 1/2 off.....

Sounds like you're handling things beautifully!!

Best of luck with it! I LOVE PC showers!!

Paula

I would also talk to her about the lifetime warranty and starting off her marriage with the very best. I got my cookware from Target also when I got married... cookware is cookware... right? :rolleyes: I know better now and can't believe I cooked with such crap for so long! (it wasn't really crap... but it wasn't OURS!!) She is probably worried about the price but tell her that showers are for your WISH lists... and people will go together to purchase these things for her - she will be surprised at what people will purchase. These will last for a lifetime... just like the upcoming marriage.

reminder her that your guests are close friends and family and they want to buy her something nice. Also I think it is a good idea to have extra items on every registry. No on wants to have to select the last thing on the list.

Thanks for all your advice. I'm just glad I know about the other cookware on her list:)! It will be my little secret!

That is how I would do it. You could even say as an example that "My friend Suzy got cookware from Target/Wal-Mart when she got married" and was dissatisfied with the quality. Good luck!

Or wait till she starts using our and then give a call and get her to book a show to replace the stuff that we know she won't be happy with -

Related to Should I Influence the Bride's Choice of Cookware for Her Bridal Shower?

1. How would you handle a customer who received a damaged product?

As a representative for Pampered Chef, it is our top priority to ensure customer satisfaction. If a customer receives a damaged product, I would first apologize for any inconvenience and offer them a replacement or a refund. I would also assist them in contacting our customer service department to report the issue and make sure their experience is resolved in a timely manner.

2. How would you handle a customer who is unhappy with a product they purchased?

If a customer is unhappy with a product they purchased, I would first listen to their concerns and try to understand the reason for their dissatisfaction. I would then offer them a replacement or an exchange for a different product, or help them return the item for a refund. It is important to address their concerns and find a solution that meets their needs.

3. How would you handle a customer who wants to return a product without a receipt?

If a customer wants to return a product without a receipt, I would first apologize for any inconvenience and explain our return policy. I would then try to find a solution that works for both the customer and the company, such as offering store credit or exchanging the item for a different product. If necessary, I would also assist them in contacting our customer service department for further assistance.

4. How would you handle a customer who has a complaint about the quality of a product?

If a customer has a complaint about the quality of a product, I would first apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience. I would then ask them to provide more details about their experience and offer a replacement or a refund. I would also make sure to document their complaint and report it to our quality control team for further investigation and improvement.

5. How would you handle a customer who wants to cancel their order?

If a customer wants to cancel their order, I would first apologize for any inconvenience and try to understand the reason for their cancellation. If the order has not been processed yet, I would proceed with cancelling it and issuing a refund. If the order has already been shipped, I would provide them with instructions for returning the item for a refund. It is important to address their concerns and make sure they are satisfied with the resolution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies