• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm so Bummed~Potential Shower!

In summary, the woman called asking for a Pampered Chef party and my Director was able to take the shower for her.
chefjenibel
So, last night around 8:30 I get a random phone call and I don't recognize the name or number, so I let the machine pick up. I listen to the message, and here is what she said, "Hi, Jen. This is Patty so-n-so and I need to schedule a Pampered Chef party. I will be up until 10:00 tonight so please call me back." Then two seconds later, she calls back again and says, "I forgot to leave my number, it's ------. And this will be a Bridal Shower and we are expecting 25-30 people."
I was so excited! I mean, how often does a show just fall in your lap like that, right?! :D So I waited a little bit and called her back. She was really nice and told me the bride had attended one of my shows and wanted me to do her shower (blush), so she gave my info to this woman who was organizing the shower. We chatted for a little bit about the wedding and stuff and then I asked her if they had a date in mind for the shower. And here's where it all fell apart! They were looking at Friday, June 29th and that is the day I am leaving for a two week family vacation!!!! I leave once a year and of course that is when this has to happen!!!! The wedding is mid-July so there just wasn't any getting around the date. So, I oh-so-graciously offered the services of my Director and thanked her so very much for calling me to begin with. So, I called my Director and she was free that night so she is taking the shower! Which, I'm glad I could help the lady out, but who couldn't use a big bridal shower in JUNE?!?! Hello, sell-a-thon!!!!
I'm just so bummed that this didn't work out for me. I guess the good news is, it's not really a lost booking since I never really had it to begin with!
Thanks for listening, ladies, I just had to vent. My husband didn't really "get it", especially because he could care less if I get any more Pampered Chef "Stuff"!!

aw, I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Bummer! Have a great vacation!

At least your husband calls it "stuff". Mine has a different "s" word for it! But then, I find him using it all the time, hmmmm.

Bummer! I had the same thing happen to me. I had someone want to do a bridal show for this Saturday, but I had already booked a show in another city about an hour from here way back in March for the same date. No moving the shower or the time. Bummer! I would have loved the bridal shower just for the fun & b/c it's sell-a-thon! Especially b/c I don't think this show I do have will be much. But she booked first & I didn't think it was fair to ask her to move her date or time.

pamperedtraci said:
At least your husband calls it "stuff". Mine has a different "s" word for it! But then, I find him using it all the time, hmmmm.

Umm, yeah, I cleaned it up a bit for the forum! :p
My husband has an aversion to my PC stuff. It seems he will search out anything other than something PC to accomplish whatever he's doing! Except he uses the microcookers on a daily basis! Men!:confused:

The plus side of that is the someone remembered your name. :)

That is a bummer!!! But, I believe what comes around goes around and some day there may be a show your Director can't do and she should give it to you. You'll get "re-paid" someday!!:) Have a great vacation!!

This is the second show I've had to give up and I've given both of them to her. I told her last night that if she ever can't do a show, she needs to call me first! She said I'd be the first one she called, anyway, but thought I better put a plug in for myself!
I was really impressed that the bride retained my info and then passed it along. This business is truly about relationships!!! :)

What is the "I'm so Bummed~Potential Shower!" event?

The "I'm so Bummed~Potential Shower!" event is a fun and interactive way to showcase Pampered Chef products and empower the host to earn free and discounted products.

How does the "I'm so Bummed~Potential Shower!" event work?

The host invites friends and family to join them for a virtual or in-person party. The consultant will lead a cooking demonstration and share information about the products. Guests have the opportunity to ask questions, place orders, and earn rewards for the host.

What are the benefits of hosting an "I'm so Bummed~Potential Shower!" event?

As a host, you have the chance to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. You also get to spend quality time with friends and family while learning new recipes and kitchen tips.

How do I become a host for an "I'm so Bummed~Potential Shower!" event?

You can contact a Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting a party. They will guide you through the process and help you choose a date and time for your event.

What kind of products will be featured at an "I'm so Bummed~Potential Shower!" event?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. The consultant will showcase a variety of products during the event, but you can also request specific items to be featured if you have something in mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies