• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should We Skip the Recipe for My Bridal Shower?

In summary, the speaker is discussing preparations for a bridal shower and considering whether or not to include a recipe. They mention talking to the coordinator, Staci, who has already planned for guests to bring various bars and sandwiches. The speaker suggests doing a trifle for the recipe, using affordable ingredients and promoting the benefits of the DCB. They also mention using the demo to increase sales and offer recipes to guests who purchase the product.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was talking with one of the coordinators for my bridal shower this weekend. Apparently there are quite a few family and friends who are throwing this shower but I only talk to one of them (we'll call her Staci). I needed to know which recipe to make for the show. Usually I have the bride and her bridal party help me make a recipe. When I was talking with Staci this morning about the recipe she told me that everyone who is coming is already bringing some kind of bar (instead of serving cake) and they'll have sandwiches and other items. She picked out the chocolate peanut butter torte but was shocked when I told her she had to pick up the ingredients. From talking with Staci over the last month, it sounds like she's investing alot into this wedding (financially and physically). Would it be bad if we didn't do a recipe at all? I don't want to offer to buy the ingredients, I always go overboard for the set up of my display of the wish list anyway so I've already invested some money and time myself. I thought of calling Staci back and let her know we can just forgo the recipe and just talk about the products on the wish list. What do you think?

What about doing a trifle? Not a pricey one, but have everything ready to just put it together with help from the group. Brownie mix doesn't cost much, and the brownies can be baked and cooled beforehand, ready to cut up and add. Candy bars don't cost a lot (toffee bars make great trifles). And the pudding mix isn't pricey, either. Keep it simple, and at least that shows off the trifle bowl (increase your booking chances for December!).

Hmm... I like that idea... I'll toss it off the host and see what she says.

I have done 3 showers in the past 2 months and would not turn down the opportunity to show off the DCB, even if that's all the PC recipes you do! I did the BBQ Pork tenderloin served on Kings Hawaiian Rolls, and the 30 minute chicken. You season it at home before you go to the shower, pop it in while you are setting up, then just talk it up when you do the "show".

Everyone is short on time with busy schedules and also watching their budget these days. The DCB pays for itself in just a couple of uses with most recipes costing just $2 a serving vs. eating out, and is much healthier too. (Did you know the rotisery chickens we all have been buying have 4000mg of sodium to keep it juicy? Not so when you DIY in the DCB!)

Of course the bride will then want the DCB and many of her guests too. It's too fast & easy not to talk about it and will increase your sales! I offer to anyone who purchases it that day 27 recipes "just to get them started" and give them a copy of the DCB recipes listed here. The best part for the shower is that it is a quick demo and guests can move on to placing their orders and enjoy visiting with the bride and each other.

Hope that helps!
Jen

jeninthekitchen5 said:
I have done 3 showers in the past 2 months and would not turn down the opportunity to show off the DCB, even if that's all the PC recipes you do! I did the BBQ Pork tenderloin served on Kings Hawaiian Rolls, and the 30 minute chicken. You season it at home before you go to the shower, pop it in while you are setting up, then just talk it up when you do the "show".

Everyone is short on time with busy schedules and also watching their budget these days. The DCB pays for itself in just a couple of uses with most recipes costing just $2 a serving vs. eating out, and is much healthier too. (Did you know the rotisery chickens we all have been buying have 4000mg of sodium to keep it juicy? Not so when you DIY in the DCB!)

Of course the bride will then want the DCB and many of her guests too. It's too fast & easy not to talk about it and will increase your sales! I offer to anyone who purchases it that day 27 recipes "just to get them started" and give them a copy of the DCB recipes listed here. The best part for the shower is that it is a quick demo and guests can move on to placing their orders and enjoy visiting with the bride and each other.

Hope that helps!
Jen

Ooh, I like that idea. And chicken is cheap, I could do that. Plus the bride has the baker on her wish list.

i don't have DCB. could you tell me where the 27 recipes are and the special bbq pork recipe? i am waiting to get my DCB and would love to show it off in 2 wks for my friends.

thanks. i just had my first show last Sat and i expected low sales. but tonight i submitted with $400. is this low?

jodie

sklay723 said:
What about doing a trifle? Not a pricey one, but have everything ready to just put it together with help from the group. Brownie mix doesn't cost much, and the brownies can be baked and cooled beforehand, ready to cut up and add. Candy bars don't cost a lot (toffee bars make great trifles). And the pudding mix isn't pricey, either. Keep it simple, and at least that shows off the trifle bowl (increase your booking chances for December!).

You could even use angel food cake instead of the brownies. I made the chocolate peppermint trifle the other night and it was really simple and very few ingredients. Angel food cake, chocolate pudding, chopped up peppermint bark (or minty chocolate bar) and cool whip. I forget who gave me the recipe....sorry....but it was a hit!

jodie said:
i don't have DCB. could you tell me where the 27 recipes are and the special bbq pork recipe? i am waiting to get my DCB and would love to show it off in 2 wks for my friends.

thanks. i just had my first show last Sat and i expected low sales. but tonight i submitted with $400. is this low?

jodie

I'd love the list too! I think it's a great way to talk up the DCB and sell some! :)

I offered the DCB idea with me buying the chicken and she was all for it. We'll see how it goes!

Just had to let you know, they loved the chicken! And the show was great, just under $700!

The DCB recipes are on here. They are great. It is a tri-fold brochure. I give it to anyone who purchases a DCB as an "extra gift" from me! They are very impressed. One of these days, I am going to get industrious and fix it because the front page is in the center of the back.

1. What are some popular bridal shower gift ideas?

Some popular gift ideas for a bridal shower include kitchen gadgets and cookware, home decor items, gift cards to the couple's favorite stores or restaurants, and personalized gifts.

2. Is there a dress code for the bridal shower?

Typically, the dress code for a bridal shower is casual or semi-formal. Guests can wear a dress, skirt and blouse, or nice pants and a top. It's always a good idea to check with the host or bride for any specific attire requests.

3. Should I bring a gift to the bridal shower?

Yes, it is customary to bring a gift to a bridal shower. The gift can be something from the couple's registry or a thoughtful item that you think they would enjoy. It's always a nice gesture to bring a gift, even if you can't attend the shower.

4. Are games typically played at bridal showers?

Yes, games are a common activity at bridal showers. They can range from traditional games like "Bridal Bingo" to more creative and personalized games. It's always a good idea to check with the host to see if there will be any games planned.

5. Can I bring a guest to the bridal shower?

It's always best to check with the host before bringing a guest to a bridal shower. The invitation may specify if guests are allowed or if it is an intimate gathering for close friends and family only. Bringing an uninvited guest may cause discomfort or inconvenience for the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies