• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unsure Where to Put This...host Who Never Submited Orders

In summary, the conversation revolves around a friend of the author's who failed to fulfill a promise to send orders for guests of a recent show she hosted. The author is worried that the guests may think that she is the one at fault for the lack of orders, and is also concerned about where the money from the orders went.
jenniwest04
I'm not exactly sure where to put this or IF there is anything I can at all do...probably not but I wanted others opinions...

I held a show in Feb. for a friend--she was trying to help me reach the $2500 level that month to earn the pan. Because she was helping me (I put out a call for help so I could try to achieve this AND stay active), I gave her a free show (ingredients purchased).

I did host coaching; she was all excited because she was going to purchase all the cookware with her discounts, etc. We hold the show and the crowd was completely drunk and out of control--no one ordered at the time but she said not to worry, she would get me the orders thebefore Feb. 28th. I contacted her a couple days later to meet and she said she just had to collect money off a couple people.

That's the last I've heard from her--I've called, emailed, PMed her through her social networking acct. account. I figured it's just my loss..I was concerned since she said she had orders and let her know I could add them to another show if it was under $150 or if it was more, it WOULD be a show.

Well, now I see all her friends are posting on her social networking site about where are their Pampered Chef items...I'm worried they think I'M the problem--the girl did not send out invites but I know she told them who was doing the show. I'm also wondering where these guests money went--I assume they paid. I saw this last night and have been bothered since...

Bless and release? Or try and call and mention I noticed people asking about their PC orders and i would like to help them? I was unable to get anyone's contact info due to their wild behavior...

Can you post something on her social networking site for those guests to call you? You can't come right out and say that you're a PC consultant (That's against HO policy), but you can put something like, "I'm working with <host name> on that show, but she never got back to me with the orders. Please contact me at <email or phone> to resolve this." Not all of her friends will necessarily see it, but if 1 or 2 contact you, they'll spread the word in their social circle.

I agree with Ann. If you post on her network someone will pass the information on to the others that placed orders. You can offer to take their orders, and you may suggest to them to stop payment on any checks (if they haven't already been cashed).

I'm not sure I want to post it right out there on her site (plus she could just remove it), but...I could possibly PM those people even though they have private profiles (I think that's possible)...that's an idea...

Wow, good luck with this. Do you think any of the guests kept any of your contact info?

Unsure...they threw so much stuff around that I don't know--they were drunk, literally.

jenniwest04 said:
Unsure...they threw so much stuff around that I don't know--they were drunk, literally.

Yikes! Sorry I don't know what to say. Maybe you should give the host one more call. Maybe block your number from showing up on caller id?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Yikes! Sorry I don't know what to say. Maybe you should give the host one more call. Maybe block your number from showing up on caller id?

Perhaps calling from work...I'm her academic advisor, LOL. We've grown up together though...

Another problem would be that prices have changed for her guests since the Feb. catalog...

If you don't want your info out there (and are afraid that the host will just delete your post), then sending private messages to the customers is probably the way to go. Even if you only reach 1 - like I mentioned before, the word will spread.Remember, the 3 fastest forms of communication are telephone, telegraph and tell a friend. :)

Wow! I'm glad that I haven't been in that situation with unruly guests. But then, I would have just packed up and left if they weren't being respectful or paying any attention. I'm had happily tipsy, but they are sometimes only slightly inappropriate and spend more.If she's a friend, can you go SEE her? Maybe there is an explanation or she's embarrassed by their behavior now that she's thought about it. I would try to contact those people. That's how people get annoyed with PC. A bad experience with a "consultant". They don't realize that sometimes it's their friend that caused the issue. Good luck!!

I tried PMing them...I can't since they only accept messages from friends (they have private profiles...I'm going to try calling her again on a different phone...although there is a rumor she changed her number.

If she won't contact you, you may have no choice but to post the words suggested above! Did you let her have the checks made out to her? I never do that... Too many people can "forget" to pay you the money (as it looks like she has) and claim she doesn't know where the money went!

pcchefjane said:
If she won't contact you, you may have no choice but to post the words suggested above! Did you let her have the checks made out to her? I never do that... Too many people can "forget" to pay you the money (as it looks like she has) and claim she doesn't know where the money went!

I have checks made out to me--but that doesn't necessarily mean that she told the guests that, I suppose.

I would post on her profile that you want to get the party that she hosted closed out as soon as possible & could she please call you. Let her know that for a February party, she's already missed out on the host & guest specials & maybe she would like to turn those orders in under our great April specials. Keep it positive & don't place blame on the host. That will only turn her off to you. Let her know that you want her friends to get the products that they ordered so that they can start using them in their kitchens. Play dumb to the fact that you saw them asking about their stuff on her board. The last thing you want to do is make the host look like a dufus.

I would also call Pampered Chef and give them the details of the show if you can not contact the host. If you are pretty sure that they paid for their orders, I would let Pampered Chef know and that way if someone calls Home Office to complain they already know about what is going on. (Just my advice, I have had some similar situations)

cincychef said:
I would also call Pampered Chef and give them the details of the show if you can not contact the host. If you are pretty sure that they paid for their orders, I would let Pampered Chef know and that way if someone calls Home Office to complain they already know about what is going on. (Just my advice, I have had some similar situations)

This is a must. Let them know what is up ahead of time so they don't accidently throw you under the bus. I had a recruit who was a kit napper and she actually did a show and spent the peoples money and then told everyone she sent in the order with a money order that couldn't be traced (I know that isn't true, they give you a receipt for those) and that Pampered Chef simply refused to send it. In the end the company sent everyone who could produce a cancelled check their products without ever being paid. Think that killed me was the host was a past host of mine and another consultants - she had done several very successful shows with Pampered Chef but chose to believe her friend and bad mouth the company. Some people?!?!?!? I will never understand.

I agree that you should call HO and tell them everything that you know.

If she is a friend, have you thought of paying her a visit?

I never know when she's home--i've driven by a few times and there have been no cars around. BUT she said (via a FB invitation) that she might attend the Premier Jewelry Party I'm hosting next week...and I'm also her academic advisor. She has to see me sometime very soon.

1. Where should I put the order for a host who never submitted their orders?

You can put the order under your name as an "unsubmitted host order". This will ensure that the host still receives credit for their party and any potential host rewards.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if the host never submitted their orders?

Yes, as long as you put the order under your name as an "unsubmitted host order". The host will still receive credit for their party and you will be able to earn host rewards based on the total sales.

3. What if the host never submitted their orders and the party has already ended?

You can still submit the order under your name as an "unsubmitted host order". However, the order will not count towards the party's sales and the host will not receive credit or rewards.

4. How long do I have to submit the order for a host who never submitted their orders?

It is best to submit the order as soon as possible to ensure the host receives credit and you can earn host rewards. However, you can still submit the order up to 30 days after the party ended.

5. Can I contact the host to remind them to submit their orders?

Yes, you can reach out to the host and remind them to submit their orders. You can also offer to help them submit the orders if they are having trouble. However, if the host does not submit their orders, you can still put the order under your name as an "unsubmitted host order".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lesliec