• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Handle This? (Wedding Registry)

V
vwpamperedchef
So my mom was so excited to tell my brother and his fiance Kait about the Pampered Chef Wedding Registry. I didn't want to say anything because I didnt want a let down. I gave my mom the Wedding Registry catalog on Sunday.

So Today Friday I talked to her and I said "oh did you give Ian and Kait the PC booklet" she said, yes, but they arent interested. I guess my brother was around because I basically had to pry the words out of her mouth. I said "oh so what is their reason" and she said they said "we are simple people we don't want people to spend a lot of money, we like to buy on sale. we don't want our guests to spend a lot".

HELLLLLLLLLLOOOO? I like to buy on sale too but I told my mom they could get it for FREE or HALF PRICE? (they must not have read the stinkin' (not the word of choice) brochure at all!)

My mom of course, sees it my way! THANK GOODNESS and she kept saying "you only get good set of pots and pans once in your life" I said so why not get them for 1/2 price with a lifetime warrenty?? I told my mom its the same as hosting a show! So I said she would have to work it into conversation one of these days.

I already got them the Trifle Bowl and the Appetizer plates/stand but if that is too nice for their taste, I will glady keep it and have doubles for myself. :grumpy:

I would consider my brother and I fairly close. I am so worked up about this...how would you handle this?

I will bless and release....but not today---:cry:

I would just let it go - I know, easier said than done. The thing is, not everyone is into what we have to offer. And while you know what a great deal it is, your brother and his future wife may not be interested. It does bite but it's the truth.

Sheesh!! My brother LOVES PC, so does my sister, my mom, my dad, etc. They LOVE when PC comes out with new stuff and they get the the old version of things. My brother has already talked about when he gets married and how he can't wait to get more PC.

I wouldn't know what to think about this. I would be miffed too. I think I would have a hard time with this.

I unfortunately have no suggestions for you though.

Well sounds like you already got the let-down, so why not talk directly to your brother and leave your mother out of the middle of it? Maybe somethings are getting lost in the translations. If you're truly close to him perhaps he'll sense your enthusiasm and see what a wonderful "gift" you're offering them.
Good Luck!

It sounded like they didn't want their GUESTS and Friends to spend alot of money on them. It didn't sound like your brother didn't want to spend the money. That's just how I took it.I'd talk to your future sister-in-law. Maybe have a 'girls day' and bring it up later...or loan her something to use for awhile- get her hooked. :) Go the BRIDE. You may be close to your brother, but unless he's a cook, he's still a guy. He may not get too excited by stuff like this. After that, I'd let it go. It's their loss in the end.

DH's entire family is the same way. They won't have shows, and they rarely purchase....because you can get it cheaper some place else, and because they don't want to invite people in to their homes and "make" them buy stuff.

It used to bother me, but life is too short to keep being upset about it. In other ways they are all very good to me, and I love them, so I just had to let it go.

i would talk directly to them, it will save time and you will know where they stand. plus you will have the benefit of being able to break it down fot them,so they don't get cought up in "how expensive" everything is. sooner or later they will realize they need good stuff. i wish i could have started with PC. but hey, if you don't talk to them yourself you will never know fors sure.

I had met a girl last September that was interested in a wedding registry. I called/emailed etc for months. About 3 weeks ago, she sent me a very terse email saying, "You may think PC is cheap but it is not for me. Please remove me from your list." I emailed her back and told her I am sorry she thought I ever said PC was cheap because it is not but that I would be glad to remove her and to contact me if she changed her mind. I think some people forget that 99 cent spatulas last about 6 months... Our scrapers last years and years...

Does the new SIL like you?

I'd drop it - her loss.

pamperedlinda said:
Does the new SIL like you?

I'd drop it - her loss.

Yes, she likes me. She asked me to be a bridesmaid, which is nice.

All of your ideas are helpful...and I will speak to both directly. I just was so upset about it last night. DH not here for me to talk to....he would understand.

I am thankful that my MIL and husband's aunt and strong supporters (and buyers) of my business. My family on the other hand, I have to work so hard for their support. My mom is supportive and loves her pots and pans! But she is not continuous business like my in laws. I am lucky in that aspect, because I have a wonderful relationship with them. Makes the deployments easier too!

I would also show them how our prices range in all areas of affordability. A guest is going to spend whatever they want, no matter what the bride and groom would like. If a guest has in mind to spend only $20, well there you go....show them how many $20 items they could choose from that would be awesome for them to add to their kitchen. If a guest wants to spend $50, show them that, and so forth. It's actually really nice to have such a varied price range in items, because they are all items that are good and they will appreciate having, as opposed to some other little trinket that a guest might pick up, KWIM?! :D

I agree with Amanda. If they have multiple registries, then their guests have more to choose from. The guests already know how much they will spend. But with the PC registry they can offer more options and choices for the guest. I think this may make a difference. It is not like they register for these items and are forcing people to spend more than they want. It is after all the guests option if they choose to buy a PC item.

They might be simple people who don't want their guests to spend $ on them, but in reality people want to spend $ on them because it is their wedding, a once in a lifetime event. Isn't the average amount spent on a wedding gift $50 to $100? Their friends and family want to show their love for them in this way, getting them something they want, need, and love. Thats why brides and grooms fill out a wedding registry. If they don't want a show try to offer them the wedding registry and help them pick out gifts from all price ranges. Remind them that several people may want to pool their money and get them a nice gift too.
Hopefully they come around with this situation, but if not just let it go and move on. Your relationship is too important to let this affect it. They may come around later too.
Deb

1. Why did your brother and his fiance decline the Pampered Chef Wedding Registry?

According to your mother, your brother and his fiance are "simple people" who don't want their guests to spend a lot of money. They prefer to buy things on sale rather than through a registry.

2. Did you try to convince your brother and his fiance to consider the registry?

Yes, you mentioned that they could get items for free or at half price through the registry. You also pointed out the lifetime warranty and compared it to hosting a show.

3. How did your mother react to your brother and his fiance's decision?

Your mother initially agreed with your perspective and the benefits of the registry. However, she seemed to have a change of heart and saw things from your brother's point of view.

4. How close are you and your brother?

You consider yourself fairly close with your brother, which may be why you are feeling so worked up about this situation.

5. How do you plan on handling this situation?

You have decided to "bless and release" the situation, but you are still upset about it. You may keep the gifts you have already purchased for your brother and his fiance, but you are disappointed that they are not interested in the registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • JackieB999