• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Suggest More Guests to Host?

In summary, you could tell them that you will have to cancel if they don't have at least 12 people RSVP'd by e-mail.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi-
I have a show this weekend. The host only invited 12 guests! And only 4 have rsvp'd. How do you politely suggest (without sounding pushy) or greedy to them to try and invite more people? I gave her the list of 40 in 4 sheet but that obvioulsy was not used.

Help!

Ask about her wish list. Wow, you've got about $200 or more in products you're wanting. As mentioned, your free product value is based on the sales of your show. I know 40 people sounds like a lot, but only 1/4 of the number of people you invite will show. I want you to have a successful show and we need to brainstorm together to think of how to get more people there for you. Who else do you know?...provide her with avenues to explore. Then, only after these other avenues, suggest to her when she makes her reminder calls to these guests, for each of them to bring a friend or two. Anyone who brings two additional guests get a surprise gift. Or, anyone who brings a guest that the host does not know, gets a gift.

If she says 4 people rsvp'd. At least one will cancel, one will be moral support, one will be mother or sister, and one will feel obligated to purchase something.

I've been having the same problem latelyMy hosts are not inviting as many people as they should be, and then they are disappointed with the sales. It seems that when my "gut" tells me the show is going to be bad, it usually is - even though I don't change my presentation. And then, the host tries to keep the show open longer than I prefer in "hopes" of getting more orders.

I've decided when I think/know there's going to be a bad turnout, I'm going to offer an incentive - have $200 in outside order prior to my arrival and I'll give you a $10 product for free. At least that way I know it's not going to be a total blow out (although, I have had a show with 4 people and $500 in sales).

When I find out a host is only expecting a few people I ask her if their are any reminder phone calls I can make for her to people she invited. At least I know if I can call more people they will be reminded. Sometimes I'll even get an order from one of those calls.

Incentives work for me!Sometimes I give the host an incentive. Even though Pampered Chef does have a tremendous host program, people sometimes need an extra boost. So you could tell her, if she has 10 people at her show, you'll give her one of the recipe card collections ($5 value). If she has 15 people at her show, you'll give her one of the recipe card collections PLUS one of the spices. (OR something to that effect)

pre-showSo, as an aside to this post, how do you tell people you're not willing to drive to their house if they don't have enough guests? I have someone wanting to do a show that's 60 miles away and I don't want to drive for four guests. I'd like to say something like, we'll have to cancel if you don't have at least 12 people RSVPd by I don't want to be snobby about it. Of course, there still might be four people, but I would have tried....BEE

Enough guestsFolks - maybe you have not heard, but this is a numbers game. (Not the shady kind!!)

Educate your host early and often about overinviting and 5-15-5. (5 orders before a show, 15 guests at the show, 5 orders after the show).

I 'bribe' my hosts for giving me 40+ contact addresses by offering them '20 pampered bucks' for giving me 40+ names & emails. I then send out the invitations myself (yes it pays for itself within 1 show) and use e-vites as reminders for EVERYONE, including having the host call 2 days prior to the show.

My business has turned around for the best, using this system. If you think of it, you are paying about 50cents for each lead (much less actually - since you enter the $20 under the hosts' name anyway, you benefit from the discount they earn with a high show) and these leads you can continue to keep to send occasional mailings and invitations to open houses, etc.

Mostly, as you take this on "as a service you offer your hosts", you boost your own business. Worth It!! :)

beepampered said:
So, as an aside to this post, how do you tell people you're not willing to drive to their house if they don't have enough guests? I have someone wanting to do a show that's 60 miles away and I don't want to drive for four guests. I'd like to say something like, we'll have to cancel if you don't have at least 12 people RSVPd by I don't want to be snobby about it. Of course, there still might be four people, but I would have tried....BEE

One of the consultants in my cluster just comes right out and tells the host up front that it would be a waste of time if they don't have enough guests. She is so funny. But it works. She sold something like $5000 in December!

And the thing is, the numbers do really make the difference. My first party was HUGE because the hostess asked everyone she knew and collected a ton of outside orders. What is great is that the average sale didn't have to be that high and she still had over $1300 in sales. 17 guests and 11 outside orders. It works!

Now I am making Host Coaching my number one priority.

Love+
Rachel

Host Coaching!!It is very important to do host coaching. Either on the phone (I prefer face to face for at least 20-30 min. at her home or somewhere getting breakfast, lunch, dessert). I make it a priority to explain all the details about the show. Even if they are experts I explain how PC is always changing things to improve the benefits for hosts and consultants. So I go through the whole packet I give her and I really focus on guests. I have her make a wish list and then explain what her sales need to be to get those items. I also go through the 40 list with her. I sometimes start it with her and remind her of all friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc... She starts naming names and jotting them down. I have a show this month 3 hours away. I told the host that I expect a big turnout (and it will be because there is no PC consultant in that town) in order for me to drive all the way out there. I explained how all my host incentives and personal offers to her will be easy to do as long as she works hard and invites many many guests. It's more rude not to ask than to ask and get a "no thanks!" It's very important to get RSVP's from guests. Even if you know for sure they are not coming is better than not knowing and then they don't show up. I really emphasize how important calls are to guests that way you weed out the definite no's and have time to find more YES's!!!
Debbie

I agree with Scott! :) I too have noticed a HUGE difference in my show attendance since I have started sending out the invitations for my Hosts. The only difference is that I get reimbursement for postage because that cost is just too much for me at this time. I have not had any Host complain about it either. I too offer and incentive for 40+ names on the Guest list. It is not much but you would not believe the number of my Hosts that say "I am all about the FREE gift!" and give me 40 names. I do have some that give me 30+ names but it is a lot better than 10 or 12. I really try to encourage using the evite on my website as well.

Another thing I do is I will shop for my Hosts! Yes, I do the shopping! I will BULK shop for 2 weeks worth of shows at a time and then split the cost between all of those Hosts. THEY ALL love it!!! Not one complaint!

Yes Pampered Chef does have a GREAT Host program but sometimes we just need to give them an EXTRA boost to get them going. Don't spend more than your pocket book allows because it will not do you any good if you start losing money instead of making money.

??For those of you who offer to send the 40 invites out for your hosts, what is your average guest total at your shows? Have they increased alot?

I am trying to justify spending $15.60 (postage) per show out of pocket! I guess if there were some sort of guarentee of high turn out I would be willing to splurge! I like the invite 40 and get an incentive idea but don't know what's a good gift to entice them, while staying within a reasonable budget?

pondering these ideas! :confused: :rolleyes:

Mailing invites works!!
heat123 said:
For those of you who offer to send the 40 invites out for your hosts, what is your average guest total at your shows? Have they increased alot?

I am trying to justify spending $15.60 (postage) per show out of pocket! I guess if there were some sort of guarentee of high turn out I would be willing to splurge! I like the invite 40 and get an incentive idea but don't know what's a good gift to entice them, while staying within a reasonable budget?

pondering these ideas! :confused: :rolleyes:

My show averages have been well over $500 when I mail out the invites for my hostess. The busier ones anyway. And the postage on invitations is only 24 cents for postcards. That is a total of only $9.60. And my hosts are more than willing to reimburse me. I only do this for big shows!! IT works!!
Debbie

AlternativeIf the host doesn't have enough guests to make it worth a long trip or expensive recipe, suggest a catalog show. In fact, I think I may start to tell my hosts up front that if they don't have a minimum of (insert #) people confirmed 3 days before the show, I'll turn it into a catalog show. I'm thinking of 7 as the minimum number. What do you think?

guest numberJust because they don't have confirmed guests doesn't mean much since so many people decide at the last minute or hosts don't call until the last day. I had two guests at a show where a lady invite 36 people - ugh! Fortunately, one of the guests made a $200 order so it wasn't too bad. Got to sign her up to be a consultant - she doesn't even have a stone....BEE

I think you might be cutting yourself out of some sales by doing that. Even if there are only 2 people that show up to a show, they might be the ones who book a party or even join PC. So far I have only had one booking from a catalog show. But most of my kitchen shows I usually get atleast one booking.

I just wanted to share my story as it applies to parties with low turnout. I had a show where nobody showed up. I was so disappointed and deep down, frustrated and a little angry. One of her coworkers felt so bad that she booked a show. From that show I got 2 bookings, one of which was a $900 show with another booking that turned out to be an $800 show with two more bookings being held next month! I really believe that the way I handled myself before, during and after that first show (because I knew it was going to be smallish) changed the course of my business. If I had flipped out or made my host feel that her show wasn't worth my time, she would have told her friend, "Pfft, don't worry about it, the consultant's a witch anyway."

I have gotten much better at host-coaching, by the way, and lately my shows are getting bigger and bigger!

Thank you!For all your input! I will try the sending out invites for hosts next time and offer something if they give me 40 names and email addresses! And hope show attendence increases!?! :rolleyes:

To my current host (the reason why I posted to start) , I offered her an extra incentive to collect $200 in outside orders and let her know that when she made her reminder calls to tell them to bring a freind and receive a gift! I hope that helps both for attendence and sales? :confused:

thanks again! :)

incentiveI offer my hosts a free dessert if they have $200 in outside orders before the show. That seems to encourage the hosts to gather outside orders. An easy/cheap thing to do is a microwave cake in the fluted pan.

update...Just had to share! After explaining to the host about encouraging her to have more people = her getting more free and discounted cookware and to tell freinds to bring a friend to recieve a gift. She went from 4 guests to 9! Yeay-
very happy about that! I was totally worried it would be a 2 person party! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your input! :)

heat123 said:
Just had to share! After explaining to the host about encouraging her to have more people = her getting more free and discounted cookware and to tell freinds to bring a friend to recieve a gift. She went from 4 guests to 9! Yeay-
very happy about that! I was totally worried it would be a 2 person party! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your input! :)
Heather,
Way to go!! That's great that you explained it to her some more and connected it to how it would benefit HER. Very cool! :D

dessert just for host?
Michelle Metheny said:
I offer my hosts a free dessert if they have $200 in outside orders before the show. That seems to encourage the hosts to gather outside orders. An easy/cheap thing to do is a microwave cake in the fluted pan.

* great idea, but is the dessert just for the host ?
do you make the same dessert as part of your demo for the guests to eat?

AttendanceOkay ladies... I have been sending out invites and making reminder phone calls and STILL having very poor shows. The last 6 months i have worked harder with my business than ever to get my shows up there BUT its not working for me...
I know its me and I have to change things... I noticed my hostesses don't want to work for those incentives... I noticed that I am getting bookings from people that was not at the show.. Low attandance so mom and family are coming and not booking.. There telling the hostess they want to do a show so I don't meet them until i get there.. plus i noticed low income families... There friends and guests don't have money to purchase items. Very sad!!! :( They want everything out of the catalog but they not working it.... I know I need some new ideas on hostess coaching....
Please help!!!

Carol

luvs2sellit said:
I think you might be cutting yourself out of some sales by doing that. Even if there are only 2 people that show up to a show, they might be the ones who book a party or even join PC. So far I have only had one booking from a catalog show. But most of my kitchen shows I usually get atleast one booking.

Exactly! My friend had a show in Nov last year. Only 2 people showed, 3 including the host. The Consultant drove about 40 minutes to get there. All 3 of us decided to sign up and join! And she had over $300 in sales.

1. How do I suggest more guests to host a Pampered Chef party?

To suggest more guests to host a party, you can start by creating a guest list of people you know who would be interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party. Then, reach out to them and share the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts. You can also offer to help them plan and invite their guests.

2. What are some creative ways to suggest more guests to host a party?

Some creative ways to suggest more guests to host a party include hosting a virtual party on social media, creating a referral program where current hosts can earn rewards for suggesting new hosts, and offering themed parties that would appeal to a specific group of people (e.g. a bridal shower or holiday party).

3. How can I make sure my guests feel comfortable hosting a party?

To make your guests feel comfortable hosting a party, provide them with all the necessary resources and support. This could include sending them a host guide, offering to answer any questions they may have, and providing them with tips on how to have a successful party. You can also offer to co-host the party with them or attend as a consultant to help them feel more at ease.

4. What are some effective ways to follow up with potential hosts?

Following up with potential hosts is crucial for increasing your chances of them hosting a party. You can follow up through phone calls, emails, or even in-person meetings. It's important to personalize your follow-ups and remind them of the benefits of hosting a party. You can also offer to help with any party planning and invite their guests for them.

5. What should I do if a potential host declines my suggestion to host a party?

If a potential host declines your suggestion to host a party, thank them for considering and let them know that the offer still stands if they change their mind. You can also offer to keep them updated on upcoming promotions and new products. Additionally, you can ask for feedback on why they declined and use that information to improve your approach in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
letmepamperu13
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • Roadtripray