• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Douglas Knows How to Throw a Party - 48 Guests Attending!

In summary, 48 guests are coming to Douglas' show. Douglas is spending $800 on decorations, alcohol, groceries, and gifts. He wants to top his last show's sales.
leftymac
So, tonight my friend Douglas is hosting a show for me. This man knows how to throw a party...

48 GUESTS ARE COMING!!!

That's just crazy! Plus, the man has spent $800 (yes, you're reading that right) on decorations, alcohol, groceries, and parting gifts (He has said one can never throw a party without giving everyone a gift at the end). And, he wonders why every host doesn't do this?!?!

Now, some of the people are couples, but still....48 guests? His last show that he did (not for me) was $2000 in sales. He wants to top that!

So, we are making four Turkey-Cranberry Wreaths, doubling the Harvest Chicken Salad, a Pumpkin Trifle and Janet's PB Cup Trifle. I'll be premaking the trifles and two of the wreaths. The rest will be done at the show. Because he's my friend I don't mind doing all this. It'll be just like hanging at his house anyway.

So, wish me luck! I'll update with final numbers later. Thank goodness this is in November for the SAT!

WOW!!!

I hope it goes really well, and you have a blast! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun :)

Wow, that is going to be some party. Can't wait to hear the results.

And lest I forget to mention...there's a beer station, a wine station, and a martini station with 3 types (apple, pumpkin, and cranberry)

That sounds like a lot of fun! Can I come??? :D

Good luck! I can't wait to see what the sales end up at!!

Wow - Can I come?? LOL

Good luck and keep us posted!

leftymac said:
And lest I forget to mention...there's a beer station, a wine station, and a martini station with 3 types (apple, pumpkin, and cranberry)

Okay, I think when you say that this guy knows how to throw a party, that it's a slight understatement! This guy really goes all out, doesn't he?

He's already said he'll be seriously disappointed if they are not at least $2000. He's also said there's nothing in the catalog he wants b/c he's got so much stuff already. (I'll take some of it, please).

PChefPEI said:
Okay, I think when you say that this guy knows how to throw a party, that it's a slight understatement! This guy really goes all out, doesn't he?

Yup -- he says his momma taught him right and that Martha Stewart would be jealous. I've seen the setup already, and I'd have to agree.

WOW

Keep us posted !!!!! I am so excited for you I was just thinking about you and then wow I see you posted we gotta catch up !!!!! I hope you have an awesome show!!!!

christinaspc said:
WOW

Keep us posted !!!!! I am so excited for you I was just thinking about you and then wow I see you posted we gotta catch up !!!!! I hope you have an awesome show!!!!

Well girl you know how to find me on Yahoo. I never see you signed in anymore.

wow - that is awesome!!
I'm with the others that say "Can I come?"
Please update us on how this turns out!!!

pampcheflisa said:
wow - that is awesome!!
I'm with the others that say "Can I come?"
Please update us on how this turns out!!!

If you can make it to Fairfax, VA by 7 p.m. tonight, you are welcome to!

brat i just signed in and you aren't online

Wow! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

christinaspc said:
brat i just signed in and you aren't online

Woman, I'm at school. I do have a job, you know.

Okay, so nevermind that I'm on this..but it's my planning period!

Okay yes man I now remember you are at school anywho I sent ya some messages and I hope you have a super show tonight !!!!! That is cool your friend is doing a show for you!!!! I am good to see you on here even if it is your planning period LoL

That is totally awesome!!!
Good luck!!!
Report numbers this weekend!!!!

Can you take some photos to post?

WOW!! Let us know how it goes.

You know, I've been thinking, if all of our hosts had a martini/beer/wine bar, I bet ya all our shows would have that many people coming!! Maybe should add that to my host coaching! ;)

PChefPEI said:
You know, I've been thinking, if all of our hosts had a martini/beer/wine bar, I bet ya all our shows would have that many people coming!! Maybe should add that to my host coaching! ;)

Too right! And think of how high the sales would be! LOL!

leftymac said:
Woman, I'm at school. I do have a job, you know.

Okay, so nevermind that I'm on this..but it's my planning period!
Hey stranger! I have to say you crack me up, I can totally hear you saying "Woman, I'm at school..." in your silly eastern accent (trust me, I'm from the midwest, everyone has an accent to me!).

Good luck with your party, just make sure your host has told them you will be there! :p JK

The last party I had like this, I had to go after the host with my 8" skillet in my hand 1 1/2 hours after the party was supposed to start and then 30 minutes into my show I realize the host is out in the garage drinking beer and smoking! Turned out pretty good and I'll never forget that party for sure.

Congratulations! This guy sounds like a dream host.

WOW Keith that sounds awsome! Just do not do what I did and drink a few too many martoonis! (Honest, I only had one but man did it hit hard! Especially since I do not normally drink!) Much success to you man!

I think I would be nervous with all those people!! Good luck!!

Martinis definitely help!!!! Just got home from a show...had 12 there...they started drinking the "blue martinis" and then........

Guest orders right now are at $700.00 with more to come...1 was $168.00!!! and 2 didn't place their order yet!!! whoooohoooo

I am dying to hear how this big show went!

Me too! If he doesn't want his FPV, I'll take some for my new Recruit! LOL!

I am waiting to see how Keith did... I hope he had a good time and great sales.

He too partied to hard...lol! I hope it went over the $2000 for them both. I hope he updates us soon.

He must still be calculating orders :D

pamperedlinda said:
He must still be calculating orders :D

I going to go with...

he's hung over big time!!! LOL

rennea said:
I going to go with...

he's hung over big time!!! LOL

That's probably closer to the truth.....where o where are you?

If he doesn't need any more PC items, he should do pick a worthy cause and do it as a fundraiser -- sales might even go higher!

It figures - I actually could have gone to the party, and don't see the post until the next morning!!

Oh, well - looking forward to hearing your totals, Keith. Shh, everyone, your shouting is probably making his head pound.

Last edited:
I'm falling off the couch laughing, picturing Keith trying to use P3 with a killer hangover. Not to mention, trying to decipher order forms written out by drunken partygoers. :DLast night:
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_martini.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_beersmiley1.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/rk01_pya.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_winesmiley.gif This morning:
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/mornincoffee.gifhttp://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/giggle.gif

Last edited:
Hahaha...against all standards of the gay community, I don't really drink. So, there was no hangover for me! We had fun, though. And I will update on total sales after the show closes. :)

Well, I can't compare to Keith's party at all but my Friday party had a lot of drinking involved (I had none - they didn't even offer). Some good orders, 3 bookings but at least half said they'll "call with their orders". That is not usually a good sign BUT because of the DPDS's I have their numbers and will call them today. Hopefully I can get her show up where it should be.

Keith, I hope you made the $2000+ goal! With a determined host you likely will make it! The host could do his Christmas shopping, donate items to shelters or day cares or places like that if he doesn't want/need to fill his kitchen with even more new PC items! WOO HOO!

leftymac said:
Hahaha...against all standards of the gay community, I don't really drink. So, there was no hangover for me! We had fun, though. And I will update on total sales after the show closes. :)

Hey - you just ruined our mental picture of you at your show! LOL I can't wait to hear the final total.

leftymac said:

HA! I have to laugh at this one! I am Irish, German AND Catholic and I don't drink. Even my family looks at me weird ;)

pamperedlinda said:
Hey - you just ruined our mental picture of you at your show! LOL I can't wait to hear the final total.

Everyone else was drunk beyond belief, though. :)

Oh come on, you can't keep us hanging... Where are your sales at so far???

Pleease? :)

leftymac said:
Everyone else was drunk beyond belief, though. :)

Ahhh - now my mental image is coming back.... I would have loved to have been there - had to have been tons of fun!

AnnieBee said:
Oh come on, you can't keep us hanging... Where are your sales at so far???

Pleease? :)

All good things to those who wait. They were good, but not as good as the host was hoping.

leftymac said:
All good things to those who wait. They were good, but not as good as the host was hoping.
Is that why you're "brooding"?

JAE said:
Is that why you're "brooding"?

No..I changed it to brooding like two months ago and forgot about it. :)

I'm still curious to know what your avitar is. If you don't drink why does it appear that you are falling down some stairs?

wadesgirl said:
I'm still curious to know what your avitar is. If you don't drink why does it appear that you are falling down some stairs?

Have you seen "The Exorcist"? In the scene at the end, the priest jumps out the window and falls down these super-steep really tall stairs. They are in Georgetown, a neighborhood here in DC. A popular tourist thing to do is to recreate that scene on those stairs. :)

Any news, yet?

<h2>1. How many guests are attending the party?</h2><p>There will be 48 guests attending the party.</p><h2>2. How much has Douglas spent on decorations, alcohol, groceries, and parting gifts?</h2><p>Douglas has spent $800 on decorations, alcohol, groceries, and parting gifts.</p><h2>3. Why does Douglas believe it's important to give parting gifts at the end of a party?</h2><p>Douglas believes that it's important to give parting gifts at the end of a party because it adds a special touch and shows appreciation for the guests' attendance.</p><h2>4. What dishes will be served at the party?</h2><p>Four Turkey-Cranberry Wreaths, a doubled Harvest Chicken Salad, a Pumpkin Trifle, and Janet's PB Cup Trifle will be served at the party.</p><h2>5. What was the sales goal for Douglas' last show and what is his goal for this show?</h2><p>Douglas' last show had $2000 in sales, and his goal for this show is to surpass that amount.</p>

1. How many guests are attending the party?

There will be 48 guests attending the party.

2. How much has Douglas spent on decorations, alcohol, groceries, and parting gifts?

Douglas has spent $800 on decorations, alcohol, groceries, and parting gifts.

3. Why does Douglas believe it's important to give parting gifts at the end of a party?

Douglas believes that it's important to give parting gifts at the end of a party because it adds a special touch and shows appreciation for the guests' attendance.

4. What dishes will be served at the party?

Four Turkey-Cranberry Wreaths, a doubled Harvest Chicken Salad, a Pumpkin Trifle, and Janet's PB Cup Trifle will be served at the party.

5. What was the sales goal for Douglas' last show and what is his goal for this show?

Douglas' last show had $2000 in sales, and his goal for this show is to surpass that amount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • RuthV