• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice on How to Respond to Host Question...

In summary, the host is offering a discount for individual orders, but does not want to offer the discount to her guests because their show is separate. The host is attaching a flyer to explain the situation. The host is offering 60% off the host special for the month to any of her friends who book a show.
pamperedval
Gold Member
My birthday is Monday and I am doing a "birthday sale" kind of like the phone sale that is on several posts from here. Well, I sent out the info to my newsletter group and I have a lady that is doing a catalog show for me and is on my list.

She emailed me and wants to know if she would get host credit for any of her guests if she forwards them the information about the sale. I don't know how to respond. I am offering up to 15% off and various prizes and freebies for those who order.

I don't want to seem cheap, but I don't really want to offer that discount to her guests since her show is something separate. Am I making any sense? And how do I answer her without sounding selfish or something?

My head is a little foggy today and I am at a loss - I figured some of you could set me straight and give me some guidance.

Thanks!

I would probably tell her that this is a seperate sale, but if she wanted to order something under her husbands name you would count it towards her show. That way she is getting the discount, and it would help earn more free products for her, and then she could still hit up her friends and family for her show.

Did you specify on your email/flyer that the sale price is for individual orders only, and not for use through an ongoing or upcoming show? That's a "fine print" detail I learned the hard way.

Part of the way I justify offering a discount is because I get the hostess benefits. If customers use the discount through someone else's show, no discount.

I would explain to the host that the sale is for individual orders only, and not available through her show. Then, I would resend the email with a "clarification" and an explanation that, as this is your first phone sale, you forgot a detail.

I'm attaching a Host Appreciation Sale Flyer that I used to do to give you an example of how I worded it.

HTH...SIID

Attachments

• thank you flyer pdf.pdf
    257 KB · Views: 431
Absolutely not! This is a separate sale for you, and it has nothing to do with her show. Just tell her. Say it with a smile, and don't be wishy washy. Short and sweet. Move on to more hostess coaching right away like it's not even a subject to talk any more about (because it isn't).

Thanks for your help.

I thought about it some more and it would be a mess because of direct shipping vs. show shipping etc. for her people (they live a little far away to come pick up their stuff at my house)

I just emailed her back and said something like this - "I'm sorry Missy, but this is a separate sale for individual orders only. Since I wasn't clear on my original message I will put any order that Susan (the past host) makes on your show, but that is it. (I worded that more nicely, just can't remember how right now!) Sorry for any confusion."

Hope that works for her.

My month didn't really turn out as I had planned - I had at least 4 cooking shows bail on me and I'm about $100 from level one on the sell-a-thon. So I hope she at least still does her show and gets enough to make it count!

Thanks again!

I would say that it is a one-day only event, and that all of those orders will be going in as a show, separate from her show......

I agree with what everyone else has said. Just aplogize for the mis-communication.

Take her back to the company... Explain that 'better than host credit', she would absolutely receive the 60% off host special for the month when any of her friends books a show (suck as 60% off TWO of our fantastic knives for August) - and you'd love to help her receive even more host credit by hosting another show of her own.

Ultimately, she knows better and is just using your soft spot to see what she can get.

Explain her show closes on -n-date and any orders received after that go as outside orders without credit to her. Don't let her mess with you. (Learned it the hard way from a miffed host who never paid for her $84 order, and it was holding up the entire show...Ccard bounced...I paid for it out of pocket, then show shipped, then she Still didn't pay for it. Have since resold most of her product. Show was late Sept--guests didn't get their product until after Thanksgiving! Never again.)

God Bless you - hang in there!

1. How can I politely decline a host's request to reschedule a party?

It's important to be honest and direct with the host. Let them know that while you appreciate their interest in rescheduling, your schedule is already quite full. Offer to help them find a different consultant or suggest hosting a virtual party instead.

2. What should I do if a host asks for a discount on products?

Explain to the host that as a consultant, you are not able to offer discounts on products. However, you can offer them the opportunity to earn free or discounted products by hosting a successful party or referring friends to host their own parties.

3. How do I handle a host who wants to change the party theme at the last minute?

Be understanding and accommodating, but also firm. Let the host know that you have already prepared for the original party theme and may not have the necessary supplies or products for the new theme. Offer to incorporate some elements of the new theme into the party, but also remind the host of the benefits of sticking to the original plan.

4. Should I bring extra products to a party in case a guest wants to purchase something on the spot?

It's always a good idea to have a few extra products on hand in case a guest wants to make a purchase at the party. However, it's important to not bring too many extras as it can be overwhelming for both you and the guests. Stick to a few popular products or items that align with the party theme.

5. How should I respond if a host asks for a specific menu for the party?

Explain to the host that while you have a variety of recipes and menu options, you are flexible and can work with them to create a menu that fits their preferences and dietary restrictions. Offer to send them a few menu ideas and allow them to make the final decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • flemings99