• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Keep Removable Part of Rice Cooker Plus Top in Place

In summary, the guest says that the top of the rice cooker keeps falling off, and she wants to know how to keep it in place. The rice cooker comes in four pieces: the bottom, the black top, the white inner lid, and the white rubber ring. The white inner lid is designed to bow in towards the cooker and sort of latch on when it is cool. Once the cooking starts, the white inner lid is designed to give room for the rice to boil without letting out all the steam or boiling over. When she goes to take the black top off after cooking, the white inner lid should stay on the black bottom. That is when you take the handle of a fork and put it in the hole and lift the
beepampered
I have a guest who bought the rice cooker plus. She says the removable part of the top keeps falling off and wants to know how to keep it is in place. I do not have the rice cooker so have no clue how to tell her to fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks....

I would like the answer to that too. Mine does the same thing. But the rice cooker works great.

The curved side should face the bottom. Once that is in place, put the top on
and close the side clips. Be sure to warn her that there will be steam when she lifts the lift, and to use the tip of a knife in the center hole to tip it away from her to prevent the steam from burning her.

beepampered said:
I have a guest who bought the rice cooker plus. She says the removable part of the top keeps falling off and wants to know how to keep it is in place. I do not have the rice cooker so have no clue how to tell her to fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks....

What does she mean by "falls off?" It is not supposed to be connected.

The rice cooker comes in 4 pieces: the bottom, the black top, the white inner lid, and the white rubber ring. The white inner lid is designed to bow in towards the cooker and sort of latch on when it is cool. Once the cooking starts, the white inner lid is designed to give room for the rice to boil without letting out all the steam or boiling over. When she goes to take the black top off after cooking, the white inner lid should stay on the black bottom. That is when you take the handle of a fork and put it in the hole and lift the white inner lid off (facing away from you so you don't get steam burns). HTH

My question with this product is this.... i use it alot since my daughter could live on white rice...however, every time i use it i get cooked rice up in the clear pice in the lid. Am I doing something wrong or is that normal?

The most Jasmine long grain rice that I have put in the Rice Cooker is 1 1/2 cups, with 3 cups water. If you are putting more than that in yours, that
may account for your expansion up through the hole in the inner lid.

When I have cooked Quaker 5 minute oatmeal in the Rice Cooker, the cereal did expand and ozz up into the inner lid. I realized then, that I may have
put too much cereal and water in for the capacity it holds.

I use one cup of rice and one cup of water...it still expands into the top. That's minute rice that i'm using. Could that be the problem?

Related to How to Keep Removable Part of Rice Cooker Plus Top in Place

1. How do I keep the removable part of my Rice Cooker Plus top in place?

The removable part of the Rice Cooker Plus top has a locking mechanism that needs to be engaged in order to stay in place. Simply push the lever on the side of the removable part towards the center of the lid until you hear a click. This will lock the removable part in place and prevent it from moving during use.

2. Can I use the Rice Cooker Plus without the removable part of the top?

No, the removable part of the top is an essential component of the Rice Cooker Plus. It helps distribute heat evenly and allows for steam to escape, resulting in perfectly cooked rice.

3. My removable part keeps falling off during cooking, what should I do?

Make sure that the locking mechanism on the side of the removable part is engaged properly. If it continues to fall off, there may be an issue with the locking mechanism and you should contact our customer service for assistance.

4. Is it safe to remove the removable part while the Rice Cooker Plus is still hot?

No, it is not safe to remove the removable part while the Rice Cooker Plus is still hot. Allow the cooker to cool down before attempting to remove the removable part to avoid the risk of burning yourself.

5. Can I put the removable part of the Rice Cooker Plus top in the dishwasher?

Yes, the removable part of the top is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan and prevent any damage from harsh dishwasher detergents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kkimpinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
purpleluvs3
  • wadesgirl