• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Long Grain Rice in a Rice Cooker

In summary, when cooking long grain rice in a rice cooker, the general rule of thumb is to use a ratio of 1:2 (1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water). However, this may vary depending on the type of rice cooker. Other ingredients such as vegetables or spices can be added, but the water measurement should be adjusted accordingly. The cooking time for long grain rice in a rice cooker is typically 20-30 minutes, and it is not necessary to rinse the rice before cooking, although some people prefer to do so. The rice cooker can also be used to keep the cooked rice warm with its "keep warm" function.
sassypip
Silver Member
Does anyone know how long you cook long grain rice in the rice cooker?
I have a guest wanting to know this queston. That is one of the items I do not own.

Thanks!

diane

You're supposed to follow the microwave directions on the box/bag.

Thank you! The person as not purchased this yet, so I will let her know. Thanks again!!!

I usually do 1 part rice to 2 parts liquid....15 minutes, full power and let sit for 2-3 minutes after. I have read here, though that you should do half power for one part and then full power....I don't bother with that and it comes out fine...knock on wood!

Oh, also, if you have a microwave that has a "rice" button, you can just push that (I haven't tried that, but someone else said that's what she does).

Thaks everyone! I also found some recipes on here and I forwarded them to her and she bought the rice cooker! You are all such a great help. Thanks again!

Diane

I actually cooked brown rice in mine for the first time last week. Just followed the microwave directions and it came out fine.

Hi Diane,
I'm happy to help with your question about cooking long grain rice in a rice cooker! Generally, the cooking time for long grain rice in a rice cooker is around 18-20 minutes. However, this can vary depending on the type of rice cooker you have and the amount of rice you are cooking. It's always best to consult the instructions that came with your specific rice cooker for the most accurate cooking time. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!
Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How much water should I use when cooking long grain rice in a rice cooker?

The general rule of thumb for cooking long grain rice in a rice cooker is to use a ratio of 1:2, meaning 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water. However, this may vary depending on the type and brand of rice cooker you are using. It is always best to consult the instruction manual for specific water measurements.

2. Can I add other ingredients to the rice cooker while cooking long grain rice?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as vegetables, spices, or broth to the rice cooker while cooking long grain rice. Just make sure to adjust the water measurement accordingly to account for the extra ingredients and prevent the rice from becoming too mushy.

3. How long does it take to cook long grain rice in a rice cooker?

The cooking time for long grain rice in a rice cooker typically ranges from 20-30 minutes, depending on the amount of rice and water used. It is important to follow the cooking instructions for your specific rice cooker to ensure the rice is cooked to perfection.

4. Do I need to rinse the rice before cooking it in a rice cooker?

Rinsing the rice before cooking is not necessary when using a rice cooker. However, some people prefer to rinse their rice to remove any excess starch and improve the texture of the cooked rice. If you do choose to rinse your rice, make sure to drain it well before adding it to the rice cooker.

5. Can I use the rice cooker to keep the cooked long grain rice warm?

Yes, most rice cookers have a "keep warm" function that will automatically switch on after the rice is cooked. This will keep the rice warm and ready to serve for an extended period without overcooking it. Just make sure to fluff the rice with a fork before serving for the best texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kkimpinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Senkimekia