1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Minute Rice in the Rice Cooker Plus?

1. kkimpinski

kkimpinski Member

I have a host who wants to use the Rice Cooker Plus to make Minute Rice. Has anyone tried this? I always use Uncle Ben's long grain converted rice.

Thanks for the help,

Apr 1, 2009
  2. elijahstrust

elijahstrust Member

I have! It comes out perfect. Use the measurements on the box...I usually do 3 cups rice, 3 cups water. Then put in microwave for 10 minutes...with the covers on .....

Like I said, it comes out perfect!!!!

Apr 1, 2009
  3. kkimpinski

kkimpinski Member

Dawn, thanks so much for the advice. I will pass the info along to my customer.

Thanks again,

Apr 1, 2009
  4. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

I've done it just like Dawn and yes, it comes out perfect!

5. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I didn't know you could use regular rice, thought it was only for Minute Rice! You learn something new everyday!

Deborah

Apr 1, 2009
  6. elijahstrust

elijahstrust Member

Yes, if you use regular rice, the ratio is 2 to 1. double the water. Cook for 5 minutes on high then 15 minutes on 1/2 power. I think that's what it is for the time. I usually use the minute rice.

Apr 1, 2009
  7. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Good to know, thanks! My Director at my party said that you could only use rice if the box had microwave directions.

Debora

Apr 1, 2009
  8. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

As long as there is microwave directions on the package you can use it... I love minute rice and brown rice in it, but I dunno if it's just me or this is how it's suppose to be, but the long grain rice, no matter how I cook it comes out all sticky and mushy.

Apr 1, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I use it for brown rice all the time. You have to cook it longer, of course, but it comes out well.

Apr 1, 2009
  10. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

let it sit WITH THE LID ON for about 5 mins after it's done cooking and it should absorb the rest of the moisture. Just did that yesterday and it came out fabulous.

Apr 1, 2009
  11. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

Do you have the approx time and water/rice measurements to cook brown rice? I can make white rice but having some difficulty with the brown. Thanks.

Apr 1, 2009
  12. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

Ditto to the tea! I only use minute rice and it is perfect in the rice cooker plus!

13. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Hello all,

Anyone have any good recipes for the rice cooker? Beyond the use and care recipe?

14. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Someone put together a nice handout, it's in the files section. :)

Apr 15, 2009
  15. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There was a rice pudding recipe in the CN shortly after the cooker came out. It should be in the search results if you search CC for rice pudding. I'll try to remember to look for it when I have a minute.

Apr 15, 2009
  16. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I couldn't find the recipe for the pudding on CC, but I found it here. It's really good!

Rice Pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus
    3/4 c uncooked long grain white rice (standard rice, not minute rice)
    2 1/2 cups water
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 cup milk
    1 cup half and half
    1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
    1/2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
    1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions. There will be extra moisture in the cooker when it's done.

In small batter bowl, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk.

Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids; lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Serve warm.

Yield 8 servings

Apr 15, 2009
  17. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Thanks so much! I'm new to the site and have yet to figure out how to navigate through here!

I should have thought about the files! :yuck:

On my way to scope out the recipes. Also, thanks for looking up the rice pudding recipe and posting it. :D

I love this site!

My director is fab....she had some other great suggestions:

Lime Cilantro Rice - Add zest, juice and cilantro once cooked
    Southwestern Rice - use 1 tbsp of of SW seasoning, can of rotel and 1 1/2 cups broth.

Thought I'd share ~

Have something to add?