• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Minute Rice in the Rice Cooker Plus?

In summary, Deborah recommends using regular rice for Minute Rice and double the water. She also recommends microwaving for 10 minutes with the covers on. For brown rice, she recommends cooking it longer, and letting it sit with the lid on for 5 mins after cooking. Thanks for the advice, Deborah!
kkimpinski
I have a host who wants to use the Rice Cooker Plus to make Minute Rice. Has anyone tried this? I always use Uncle Ben's long grain converted rice.

Thanks for the help,

I have! It comes out perfect. Use the measurements on the box...I usually do 3 cups rice, 3 cups water. Then put in microwave for 10 minutes...with the covers on .....

Like I said, it comes out perfect!!!!

Dawn, thanks so much for the advice. I will pass the info along to my customer.

Thanks again,

I've done it just like Dawn and yes, it comes out perfect!

I didn't know you could use regular rice, thought it was only for Minute Rice! You learn something new everyday!Deborah

Yes, if you use regular rice, the ratio is 2 to 1. double the water. Cook for 5 minutes on high then 15 minutes on 1/2 power. I think that's what it is for the time. I usually use the minute rice.

Good to know, thanks! My Director at my party said that you could only use rice if the box had microwave directions.Debora

As long as there is microwave directions on the package you can use it... I love minute rice and brown rice in it, but I dunno if it's just me or this is how it's suppose to be, but the long grain rice, no matter how I cook it comes out all sticky and mushy.

I use it for brown rice all the time. You have to cook it longer, of course, but it comes out well.

candiejayne said:
I dunno if it's just me or this is how it's suppose to be, but the long grain rice, no matter how I cook it comes out all sticky and mushy.

let it sit WITH THE LID ON for about 5 mins after it's done cooking and it should absorb the rest of the moisture. Just did that yesterday and it came out fabulous.

Do you have the approx time and water/rice measurements to cook brown rice? I can make white rice but having some difficulty with the brown. Thanks.

elijahstrust said:
I have! It comes out perfect. Use the measurements on the box...I usually do 3 cups rice, 3 cups water. Then put in microwave for 10 minutes...with the covers on .....

Like I said, it comes out perfect!!!!

Ditto to the tea! I only use minute rice and it is perfect in the rice cooker plus!

Hello all,

Anyone have any good recipes for the rice cooker? Beyond the use and care recipe?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hello all,

Anyone have any good recipes for the rice cooker? Beyond the use and care recipe?

Someone put together a nice handout, it's in the files section. :)

There was a rice pudding recipe in the CN shortly after the cooker came out. It should be in the search results if you search CC for rice pudding. I'll try to remember to look for it when I have a minute.

I couldn't find the recipe for the pudding on CC, but I found it here. It's really good!Rice Pudding in the Rice Cooker Plus
3/4 c uncooked long grain white rice (standard rice, not minute rice)
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
1/2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)Combine rice, water and salt in Rice Cooker Plus. Cover and microwave according to package directions. There will be extra moisture in the cooker when it's done.In small batter bowl, combine milk, half and half, pudding mix and cinnamon; whisk until smooth and beginning to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk.Remove cooker from microwave. Carefully remove lids; lifting away from you. Add pudding mixture and raisins, if desired; mix well using Classic Scraper. Serve warm.Yield 8 servings

Thanks so much! I'm new to the site and have yet to figure out how to navigate through here!

I should have thought about the files! :yuck:

On my way to scope out the recipes. Also, thanks for looking up the rice pudding recipe and posting it. :D

I love this site!

My director is fab....she had some other great suggestions:

Lime Cilantro Rice - Add zest, juice and cilantro once cooked
Southwestern Rice - use 1 tbsp of of SW seasoning, can of rotel and 1 1/2 cups broth.

Thought I'd share ~

1. How much Minute Rice should I use in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The general rule for using Minute Rice in the Rice Cooker Plus is to use a 1:2 ratio of rice to water. For example, if you use 1 cup of Minute Rice, use 2 cups of water. This will result in perfectly cooked rice every time.

2. Can I add other ingredients, such as vegetables, to the Minute Rice in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the Rice Cooker Plus along with the Minute Rice. Just make sure to adjust the amount of water used accordingly. For example, if you add 1 cup of chopped vegetables, use 1 and 3/4 cups of water instead of the usual 2 cups.

3. How long does it take to cook Minute Rice in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The cooking time for Minute Rice in the Rice Cooker Plus is approximately 12-15 minutes. However, this may vary depending on the amount of rice and water used, as well as your altitude and the wattage of your rice cooker.

4. Can I use the Rice Cooker Plus to make other types of rice besides Minute Rice?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus can be used to cook a variety of rice, including brown rice, jasmine rice, and basmati rice. Just make sure to adjust the water and cooking time according to the specific type of rice you are using.

5. Is it necessary to stir the Minute Rice while it is cooking in the Rice Cooker Plus?

No, you do not need to stir the Minute Rice while it is cooking in the Rice Cooker Plus. The rice will cook evenly without stirring and this will also prevent it from becoming mushy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies