• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Info on Rice Cooker!!

In summary, you can cook a variety of grains in a rice cooker, including quinoa, couscous, and oatmeal. To clean the rice cooker, unplug it and wash the inner pot and accessories with warm soapy water. You can also use the rice cooker to steam vegetables, fish, and dumplings. Consult the instruction manual for specific measurements when cooking rice. It is safe to leave the rice cooker unattended while cooking, but be sure to read the safety precautions in the manual.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I have someone who wants to know the dimensions of the rice cooker. I know the book says 3 qt capacity, but she wants to know how deep and wide the cooker is. I do not have a rice cooker and was wondering if one of you cheffers could get the measuements for me. She wanted me to get back with her by this evening if I could.

Thanks!

It's about 10" wide (at the handles, which stick out) and 6 1/2" tall.

chefann said:
It's about 10" wide (at the handles, which stick out) and 6 1/2" tall.

Thanks Ann!

1. Can I cook other grains besides rice in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can cook a variety of grains such as quinoa, couscous, and even oatmeal in the rice cooker. Just follow the same instructions for cooking rice and adjust the water ratio accordingly.

2. How do I clean the rice cooker?

To clean the rice cooker, unplug it and wait for it to cool down. Then, remove the inner pot and wash it with warm soapy water. The lid and accessories can be washed in the dishwasher or with warm soapy water. Be sure to dry all parts completely before storing.

3. Can I use the rice cooker to steam vegetables?

Yes, most rice cookers come with a steamer basket that allows you to steam vegetables, fish, and even dumplings. Simply add water to the rice cooker, place the steamer basket on top, and add your desired ingredients.

4. How do I know how much rice to add to the cooker?

A general rule of thumb is to use 1 cup of rice for every 2 cups of water. However, this may vary depending on the type of rice and the desired consistency. It's always best to consult the instruction manual for specific measurements.

5. Is it safe to leave the rice cooker unattended while it's cooking?

Yes, rice cookers are designed to be safe to use and can be left unattended while cooking. However, it's always a good idea to read the safety precautions in the instruction manual and never leave the rice cooker on for an extended period of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kkimpinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • pattikake