• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Persuade a Host to Reschedule an Event?

In summary, the conversation is about a host who rescheduled a party with the speaker, causing a conflict with her schedule due to her husband being out of town. She considers hiring a babysitter, but worries about not making any money that way. She asks for opinions on whether she should tell the host she can't do the show or pay the babysitter and hope for enough bookings to make up for it. In the end, it is suggested that she should pay the sitter and still do the show. She also discusses the difficulty of finding a sitter for her three children and mentions the possibility of swapping sitting with a friend.
sillylittlechef
I had a host reschedule her party with me. It was supposed to be end of April, but she changed it to the first week in May. I wrote down the date and time and honestly didn't check my schedule very well. My DH will be out of town that evening so I don't have child care. I can hire a babysitter, but that doesn't make me any money that way. I called the host to see if she would be willing to change her date to one day earlier. She said absolutely not. She already set the date and is not willing to change it. I feel kinda bad because I know this is partly (mostly) my fault for not being sure that I had that date open, but now I need to fix this. Should I just flat out tell her that I can't do the show that night, or just suck it up and pay the sitter and hope that I get the bookings to make up for it? What do you all think?

Pay the sitter
sillylittlechef said:
I had a host reschedule her party with me. It was supposed to be end of April, but she changed it to the first week in May. I wrote down the date and time and honestly didn't check my schedule very well. My DH will be out of town that evening so I don't have child care. I can hire a babysitter, but that doesn't make me any money that way. I called the host to see if she would be willing to change her date to one day earlier. She said absolutely not. She already set the date and is not willing to change it. I feel kinda bad because I know this is partly (mostly) my fault for not being sure that I had that date open, but now I need to fix this. Should I just flat out tell her that I can't do the show that night, or just suck it up and pay the sitter and hope that I get the bookings to make up for it? What do you all think?

I think since it was technically your mistake for not checking your calendar, you should get a sitter and do the show. Hopefully the bookings will make up for it and you can make that money back.
I am curious, how much do you pay a sitter to watch your kids? How many kids do you have? Is there only one sitter available?
I know how hard it is to set a date for something and get everyone you know to come on that particular date, maybe it's too hard to switch it for her friends and family. Let us know how it goes.

Debbie :D

I agree with Debbie. Do you have a friend you can swap sitting with? That way it will only cost you a night with a buddy's kids.

Well, she originally changed the date because she decided to have a partylite party in April because they are doing double host points. SO, she changed the PC party so that her guests wouldn't have to go to two shows in one month. She only moved it one week. And she hasn't sent out invites yet, so I think she is just annoyed that I as the consultant would ask her to change it. I do know that it was my fault for not double checking, so I probably should just pay the sitter.
I have three kids and pay the sitter $2 each per hour. I should pay more, but she is the daughter of a friend and doesn't charge me that much.

I would love to swap kids with a friend. The problem is that I have a 4,3 and 16 mo. old who needs to be home to go to bed. I can't have them up until 11 or later when I get back. They would be horrible for whoever watched them. I also feel bad because most people I know have one or maybe two kids, but asking them to watch 3 while I only have to watch 1 doesn't seem very fair. I guess I just don't have that nice of friends. haha

Well, whatever you decide to do, just paste on a great smile and "consult" your little heart out!

pay a sitter.

What is the best way to ask my host to change the date of the party?

The best way to ask your host to change the date of the party is to communicate openly and honestly. Explain the reasons why a date change would be beneficial and offer alternative dates that work for you and the host. Be understanding and flexible, and try to find a solution that works for both parties.

How far in advance should I ask my host to change the party date?

It's best to ask your host to change the party date as soon as possible. Give them at least 2-3 weeks notice so they have time to make arrangements and inform their guests. This will also give you enough time to plan and prepare for the new date.

What if my host is not willing to change the party date?

If your host is not willing to change the party date, try to find a compromise. Maybe you can shorten the party time or offer a different type of party, such as a virtual party. If all else fails, you can politely decline the invitation and ask the host to consider hosting a party in the future.

Can I offer an incentive for my host to change the party date?

You can certainly offer an incentive for your host to change the party date, such as a free product or a discount on their purchase. This can show your appreciation for their flexibility and may encourage them to change the date.

What if I need to change the party date due to unforeseen circumstances?

If you need to change the party date due to unforeseen circumstances, such as a personal emergency or a conflict with another event, communicate this to your host as soon as possible. Apologize for any inconvenience and offer alternative dates. Your host will likely understand and be willing to work with you to find a new date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • MrsTLC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • krzymomof4