1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Any tips/scripts for what to say to a Host when YOU want to

1. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

Any tips/scripts for what to say to a Host when YOU want to re-schedule her Show? I had a Host book for May 3rd - but a potential Bridal Show for the same day. My original Host won't change her date - so now I lost the bridal show....I am upset....

Mar 20, 2009
  2. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

Re: Rescheduling

I don't think you should be upset. You booked her first. If I would have been her, I would have been upset with you for making me feel like you had something more important.

Mar 20, 2009
  3. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Since its a Saturday can you book them both? I often do two on the same day that way.

If that can't be done, and the bride wants only that day, then the right thing would be to give the bridal show to someone. You made the commitment and if you start down the road of not honoring commitments you won't have business.

Mar 20, 2009
  4. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

That's the thing about booking out further. I agree that you committed to her first and I would see if a different time that day would work for the bride. Did you have a time already set for the show? Or is it just that weekend? B/c you could try Friday night or Sunday afternoon if possible?

I'd only ask a host to change if it was a friend. Otherwise, I'd feel I was saying they aren't important. Besides...their show may be BETTER than the bridal shower!!

I can understand your disappointment. I lost out on a GREAT bridal shower when the only possible date was the day my hubby and I left for our vacation...darn anniversary. Oh wait...it was worth it!

Mar 20, 2009
  5. PamperedK

PamperedK Veteran Member Silver Member

I'll be honest...I've double-booked myself before. I do it when I feel a lack of commitment from the host - so I book another show on the same day just in case. Sometimes I book the shows at different times, but I have booked at the same time before. If both shows look like they're going to hold, I would call the host I have the least connection with (usually a cold-call from a trade show) and ask them if they mind if someone from my downline does the show. I've never had someone upset about it...although I could see what other people are saying...

Mar 20, 2009
  6. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

The only reason I asked her to re-schedule was because I only have one other Show booked in May, so far. So I had TONS of other dates available? I just thought a bridal show date is harder to re-schedule than a cooking show date....guess I was wrong....

:(

Mar 21, 2009
Have something to add?