• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to "Change Show Customer Attitudes"??

In summary, a guest's wife is invited to a cousin's show and the husband is told about the comments people made about the upcoming show. He tells his friend about it and the friend tries to sell him a pan. The friend has a $540 wish list for the party which includes executive cookwear and a griddle and pan protector. The friend is going to need $2400 in sales to achieve this free. The friend tells the husband
Laura4
I have my first show coming up and I have a little "inside track" here at work. ;) I have a guest whose husband I work with and I'm a very good friend of this husband. We talk and joke on a daily basis and I tried to sell him a pan and even though he traitored and ended up buying Rachel Ray. LOL!!! he's still helping me out with my shows. HAHA!!

Anyway, so like I said, his wife and her family are invited to wife's cousin's show. And this weekend his daughter was baptized and he let me in on all the good gossip about the comments about the upcoming show.

"I'm going but I'm not buying anything"
"The last time I went to one of these shows I bought a potato peeler!"
"Good Gawd, this isn't the Laura that keeps bugging me to have MaryKay parties is it??" (no it is not. ROFLMAO!!!!!!:p)
"Everything's so EXPENSIVE!!"

I told him I wish he'd have just told me they said they couldn't WAAAIT to come and they just LOOOVED Pampered Chef. ROFLMAO!!!!!

I am off to a grand start however. I had one lady who could not come but did place $159 order!! WOOHOO! The guest has like a $540 wish list which includes the executive cookwear and griddle and pan protector and is going to need $2400 in sales to achieve this free, so I would love to shoot for this, not to mention that would be an AWESOME AWESOME commission for me if I DID achieve that!

So I need some advice on how to change their attitude without them knowing I have the inside scoop.

Another twist....one of my boss' wife is ALSO invited to this party and I'm sure that she probably has the same opinions. Let's just say I couldn't have landed a more rotten bunch of apples among this guest list, BUT among this guest list I think that she has some pretty RICH friends, so I may end up doing quite well among these el cheapo's....:grumpy:

Congratulations on getting off to a good start!

Here is what I think...for what it's worth!

First - I would ignore what you heard, and change your attitude!

Don't go into the party thinking they are "el cheapos" Go into it thinking of all that PC has to offer them. Practice Practice Practice your demo, and work on talking about the VALUE of the products, not just the mechanics. Talk about all that they can do!

I don't know how many times I've had hosts tell me "well, Suzie Q is coming, but she won't be buying anything"...only to have Suzie Q place a hefty order when she falls in love with the products! And when the one guest sees how different a PC party is from an MK party, she'll be booking her own show!

YOUR attitude and demeanor will set the tone for the party. You have to work with what you've got!

My favorite quote - by Chuck Swindoll - I have it posted next to my desk:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

well, DEFINITELY bring the Deep Covered Baker and make something in it. 30 minute chicken, or 15 min. fajitas or fabulous!
I have had SEVERAL shows that they weren't going to buy anything, and then they buy that because you can do so much with it, plus of course they always find something else they want as well! So, those non-spenders end up being my best guests. Usually a $100 order.
A good example of how well that baker sells is my show last Friday. We were making the Strawberry-Coconut Trifle for our demo but I really wanted to make something in the baker too. So, I brought a whole chicken that I defrosted. All I did was wash it, pat it dry, rubbed a bit of oil over it and sprinkled liberally the lemon-pepper seasoning all over it. (It cooked while we did the trifle. The guests were AMAZED at how awesome the chicken was. I sold TWO @ full price, plus the host wants one now. Just go to your show and give them reasons why they need that product and everything else that you are showing. That is our job! That Friday show ended up having only 5 guests, but it was well over $500 when I left with many orders to come! :)

I was planning on making the pizza recipe that is in my consultant kit, since it's my first show and all.

Laura4 said:
I was planning on making the pizza recipe that is in my consultant kit, since it's my first show and all.

The pizza recipe is an excellent recipe! It showcases almost all of the products in your Kit, and gives you a lot to talk about. Like I said, practice, practice, practice. It won't make you sound rehearsed, it will actually make you sound more comfortable and relaxed - and much more able to answer questions about the products, etc...Good luck with your show!

Good luck on your show. Go in with a smile and a great attitude. You'll do great!

I've been surprised some of my most difficult guest at shows have become some of my best customers. You just never know.

If you are having fun--they'll have fun. It's also normal to have 1 or 2 people that leave without making a purchase. Doesn't bother me or the host--were just glad they came and had a great time.

I am new (4 shows and a little over 30 day), and I would caution you on the pizza. It is wonderful and I have done it on 3 of my 4 shows (as well as practicing at home), but it alway ends up soggy in the middle. Try making it at home first. my director gave me some pointers, but the dough still ends up soggy in the middle.
I go for what the others have already suggested. Just have a positive attitude, you never know. My best friend had a show, and her SIL was coming. My friend and her mom both told me she wouldn't buy anything. I have heard aweful stories about this lady for years, but had never met her. Well, she bought about $125 in product and booked a show. I did get to see a bit of her crazy side, but I can overcome that enough to go to her house for a show.

"Everything's so EXPENSIVE!!"I think that is a common MISCONCEPTION! I'd make a comment when doing a catalog walk-through that over 66% of our products are UNDER $20! 78% are under $30! (http://www.chefsuccess.com/f24/product-price-breakdown-59555/)The other thing- when you are showing off a product - like the DCB, which obviously IS a more expensive item, talk about how much a family of four typically pays for a meal at a restaurant. For MY family of 4 (2 boys- 7 and 9yrs), we spend about $30-35 on average- if my DH and I don't split meals or we don't have a coupon.....which usually, we DO split or have a coupon to save money- and even STILL spend $25. So 2-3 meals out pays for the DCB, and I can STILL get meals on my table in as much time as it takes to drive to a restaurant, wait to be seated, order, and then GET my meal. The time it takes to do THAT, I've been able to prepare a nice home-cooked meal for very little money, and have eaten it AND cleaned up! Saves me time, money, and pays for itself in a short period of time!So point out the benefits. Don't be obvious and say "I know you think PC is expensive.." DON'T say that. :) Just slip the comments in casually as best you can.Other than that..DON"T worry about it. Showcase the products as planned, and if they are interested, they'll buy. I think human nature when approached by a salesperson or invited to a Home-party where they know the intention is to sell, is to bristle and put up the defenses. Just show them a good time, good food, and have fun! :)

esavvymom said:
"Everything's so EXPENSIVE!!"

I think that is a common MISCONCEPTION! I'd make a comment when doing a catalog walk-through that over 66% of our products are UNDER $20! 78% are under $30! (http://www.chefsuccess.com/f24/product-price-breakdown-59555/)

The other thing- when you are showing off a product - like the DCB, which obviously IS a more expensive item, talk about how much a family of four typically pays for a meal at a restaurant. For MY family of 4 (2 boys- 7 and 9yrs), we spend about $30-35 on average- if my DH and I don't split meals or we don't have a coupon.....which usually, we DO split or have a coupon to save money- and even STILL spend $25. So 2-3 meals out pays for the DCB, and I can STILL get meals on my table in as much time as it takes to drive to a restaurant, wait to be seated, order, and then GET my meal. The time it takes to do THAT, I've been able to prepare a nice home-cooked meal for very little money, and have eaten it AND cleaned up! Saves me time, money, and pays for itself in a short period of time!

So point out the benefits. Don't be obvious and say "I know you think PC is expensive.." DON'T say that. :) Just slip the comments in casually as best you can.

Other than that..DON"T worry about it. Showcase the products as planned, and if they are interested, they'll buy. I think human nature when approached by a salesperson or invited to a Home-party where they know the intention is to sell, is to bristle and put up the defenses. Just show them a good time, good food, and have fun! :)

Man, I wish I would have come back to this post before I did the show. HAHA!!

I totally forgot I posted this. LOL!

I did good, nervous, but just kind of winged it. I sold $529 in sales and then told her that I would give her anything I got at this booth today, since normally I'm scrapping to put together a $150 order, so I had just 2 orders, a stone and a sprinkle, so that is fine. So we're edging $600 in sales, then plus whatever she buys (she's using her 1/2 price on the 7 piece cookwear). Do I get commission on what she buys? I don't remember. She is looking at some pricey stuff.

But what FLOORED ME and I mean FLOORED me was that THREE to FOUR people said they owned a potato peeler and that is NO JOKE. That was the ONLY item they owned. Oh man, to hold back my laugh. LOL!!

You will get commission on anything your host buys, except the host special and the half-price items.

One of the many things I've picked up from the Tammy Stanley CDs I'm listening to is this: Expensive isn't determined by how much you spend on an item, it's how much you use it. Even if something is cheap, it's going to be expensive to you, if you never use it. Conversely, if you spend a bit more on something, but then use it almost every day, it becomes very inexpensive to you.

lesliec said:
I am new (4 shows and a little over 30 day), and I would caution you on the pizza. It is wonderful and I have done it on 3 of my 4 shows (as well as practicing at home), but it alway ends up soggy in the middle..............

One thing I always do to avoid the "soggy middle" is put my crust in the preheated oven for 5 minutes prior to adding any toppings. This has kept that from happening every time. :D

NooraK said:
One of the many things I've picked up from the Tammy Stanley CDs I'm listening to is this: Expensive isn't determined by how much you spend on an item, it's how much you use it. Even if something is cheap, it's going to be expensive to you, if you never use it. Conversely, if you spend a bit more on something, but then use it almost every day, it becomes very inexpensive to you.

:love::love: this.....thanks for sharing that tidbit Noora! I personally do not have any of Tammy's CDs, but I receive her e-newsletter. I am going to start using this at my shows when talking about the value PC's products can bring to one's kitchen. Thanks again!

tys1031 said:
One thing I always do to avoid the "soggy middle" is put my crust in the preheated oven for 5 minutes prior to adding any toppings. This has kept that from happening every time. :D

Yes, but the 3 cheese garden pizza already calls for the crust prebaking for 12 or so mins. It does come out a little soggy even after that. Still a SUPER yummy recipe tho! I make it all the time for dinner and offer it for show demos several times a year :chef:

tys1031 said:

I do the same..sometimes up to 8 minutes depending on the oven and the thickness of the dough.

You might want to try putting the tomato slices on a paper towel for a short time. They are mainly water and will make a crust soggy as well.

1. How can I change customer attitudes during a Pampered Chef show?

There are a few ways to change customer attitudes during a Pampered Chef show. First, make sure to engage with your customers and listen to their needs and concerns. Providing exceptional customer service can go a long way in changing attitudes. Additionally, highlight the benefits and features of the products and offer demonstrations to show their value. Lastly, offer special deals and promotions to entice customers and make them feel valued.

2. What if a customer has a negative attitude towards Pampered Chef products?

If a customer has a negative attitude towards Pampered Chef products, it's important to address their concerns and try to understand the root of their attitude. Offer to answer any questions they may have and provide reassurance that the products are high-quality and backed by a satisfaction guarantee. You can also offer to let them try a product for themselves to see the value and potential benefits.

3. Can I change customer attitudes if they have had a bad experience with Pampered Chef in the past?

Yes, it is possible to change a customer's attitude even if they have had a bad experience with Pampered Chef in the past. Take the time to listen to their previous experience and offer a sincere apology. Then, make an effort to go above and beyond in providing exceptional customer service and ensuring their current experience is positive. This can help rebuild trust and potentially change their attitude towards the brand.

4. How can I change customer attitudes towards the price of Pampered Chef products?

To change customer attitudes towards the price of Pampered Chef products, it's important to highlight the value and benefits of the products. Show how the products can save time and money in the long run, and offer special deals and promotions to make the price more appealing. You can also offer payment plans or host a show where customers can earn free or discounted products to make the price more affordable.

5. What if a customer has a negative attitude towards direct sales companies like Pampered Chef?

If a customer has a negative attitude towards direct sales companies like Pampered Chef, it's important to address their concerns and provide information about the company's values and mission. Show how Pampered Chef products are unique and different from other direct sales companies, and provide testimonials from satisfied customers. Offer to let them try a product for themselves to see the value and potential benefits. Building a personal connection and trust with the customer can also help change their attitude towards direct sales companies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies