• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Soon to Fly Into Chicago for Conference?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best time to purchase airfare for a conference in Chicago and tips for finding the cheapest flights. Some suggestions include booking the night before the conference, carpooling with others, and signing up for email updates from airlines. There is also mention of a lake cruise organized by one of the participants' NED. The conversation also touches on the difference in flight prices between LAX and Ontario airports.
hmolah
I'm considering purchasing my airfare today, since it is the cheapest I think it could possibly go....only $49 each way! I wondered, when is a good time of day to arrive? I'm sure most of the hotels require a later check in. Any advice is welcome! I really want to get the tickets soon at this price! :)

You're in my Wave! Cool!

Its tough to say because they are changing things this year. Last year, we flew in the day before. We were beat, so I can't imagine trying to fly in the day of. Although we did the 6am office tour... hmmm... If you can afford the extra night at the hotel, fly in the night before! Chicago is fabulous!

Thanks for the info Anne! (On both posts! ;) )

I would recommend coming Sunday night, although yes, you'll have another night of hotel cost.

Who is your NED? My NED is organizing a lake cruise on Sunday night and I can't wait!

I fly in the day before. My Director and her downline all try to fly in around the same time and then we take a shuttle together to the hotel. We also try to arrage our flights to leave around the same time. Generally we fly in as close to noon as possible and fly out the same the day after Conference.

Our SD usually has everyone meet somewhere for dinner the night before we start!

HTH~

DebbieJ said:
I would recommend coming Sunday night, although yes, you'll have another night of hotel cost.

Who is your NED? My NED is organizing a lake cruise on Sunday night and I can't wait!

Beth Jacobs!

I think coming in Sunday is best, although, the latest flight at the great price of $49, is at 9:30am!

Man you can't pass that up at $498each way! I wish!!! I guess I should have bought mine in Dec when tix were $168 RT from CA!

$168 round trip from California!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!! Which airline? That is a GREAT deal! I'm still shopping around for my tickets and they are all coming up around $400! Yikes!

rebeccastt said:
$168 round trip from California!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!! Which airline? That is a GREAT deal! I'm still shopping around for my tickets and they are all coming up around $400! Yikes!
Just bought mine from American Airlines for $375

I hate trying to figure out if I should wait for them to go down and risk them going up!

You can find $200 RT from LAX all the time. Southwest is usually good for that fare if you can catch a sale. Sign up for their email updates. That would be a hike for you, though.

Have you looked into flights out of Ontario?

The flights out of Ontario are almost always way higher than LAX. If it wasn't too much higher than LAX it would be worth it to me. Last year we carpooled to LAX, but it is so much more travel time than necessary. It's already a long flight from here!

Thanks for the tip on Southwest...I'll sign up for the email updates.

I used to live in LA (SFV), so I know how horrible dealing with LAX can be, let alone the traffic getting there!

I flew out of Ontario once when visiting my brother in MT. Caught a flight on United on Priceline. That's a really nice airport!

Good luck finding a flight!

Thanks Deb....Hopefully something great will come up at Ontario! :D

I am still checking flights too!!!!

1. When is the best time to fly into Chicago for conference?

The best time to fly into Chicago for conference would be the day before the conference begins. This will allow you to settle in and get familiar with the area before the conference starts.

2. Should I book my flight for the day of the conference or the day before?

It is recommended to book your flight for the day before the conference to avoid any potential flight delays or cancellations that could cause you to miss the conference.

3. What airport should I fly into for the conference?

The closest airport to the conference location is O’Hare International Airport (ORD). It is about a 30-minute drive from the airport to the conference venue.

4. Is there transportation provided from the airport to the conference venue?

Unfortunately, we do not provide transportation from the airport to the conference venue. However, there are various transportation options available such as taxis, ride-sharing services, and public transportation.

5. Can I arrive early or stay after the conference ends?

Yes, you are welcome to arrive early or stay after the conference ends. However, please note that any additional nights at the hotel will be at your own expense.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
KCPChef
  • kcmckay
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • tina617