• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Should I Enter Pink HWC Products Sold by Team Captains for a Show?

In summary, when entering orders for a HWC fundraiser, it is up to personal preference whether to enter them individually or under the "team captain's" name. However, charging a flat rate for shipping and pairing orders together can help save on shipping costs. Additionally, for HWC/RUFTH recognition, $2 is earned for every trivet sold and the total round up donations, while $1 is earned for every pink item sold and the total amount of host specials purchased. It is also possible to enter the fundraiser as a regular show, but this may result in a lower donation percentage.
pcchris
Silver Member
I know that this was started somewhere else, but I can't find it, so I'm going to ask again. I have 3 people that sold the pink HWC products. now, as it's time to enter these items as a show, I'm a little confused. I added 50 cents onto the price of each item to cover tax/shipping. Here's my dilemma...how should I enter these? If I order them all under the "team captain's" name, I won't have receipts for the individual people that ordered. However, if I enter them all as individuals, I'm stuck paying all the shipping. hmmm....how did you enter them? Please help! Thank you!

Well, my captains didn't come through for me, but I had planned to enter all orders for each captain under their name only. Honestly, I think the receipt thing is a non-issue here.

I only had one captain and she ended up with only $200 in products but I put all the items under one name (not the host) so the host could get the host benefits. All she really wanted was the can opener so she got that for free. I had charged a flat rate of $3 for shipping, but with shipping so ridiculously high to ship to Alaska, I took a bit of a beating on the shipping charges. Oh well, still sold 30 HWC products!!

I didn't have team captains. I did a HWC fundraiser and what I did, I charged $2.50 for shipping and would put 2 orders together. Charging the extra .50 cents worked b/c there were several that didn't pay for shipping when they wrote the check out. If they ordered items out of the catalog I entered them as a seperate order so I could print a receipt out. If they only bought pink items they didn't get a receipt. I sold over 60 pink items and having the orders paired up I still had like 20 guests so it would have used almost half of one pack for receipts. I still have my orders so that if anything happens I know who ordered what. But everything came in fine and I have teachers telling me how much they love them!

I had 2 captains come through and not enough orders for a show but I am told I have a regular order coming in on Monday so I should at least be close to $150. How sad - I guess there are just too many cancer awareness fundraisers out there. Oh, well. Every little bit helps.

I put the orders under the captains name. I used my uplines order sheet that broke down the shipping costs. She put 33 cents on each line which would add up to $4 if all the lines were full. But none of my captains sold that many each.

When I do it next year, I am going to put down $2 shipping per person. This way I wont have to cover so much shipping. Anything that I collect over the $4 per captain will go to Round Up donations. $4 doesnt sound like much but when you start multiplying that by several captains, it eats into your profit quickly.

Good Luck,
Kristi

Okay, here's another question...I have enough pink products sold to barely make a show. Do you enter yours as a Fund raiser, or a different type of show?
Also, I'm a little confused as to what gets calculated for the HWC/RUFTH recognition...is it the dollar amount from the number of items purchased, or does the donation percentage count too, if I enter it as a fundraiser? (I hope that makes sense!)

I did mine as a fundraiser. But it is up to you. I'm not sure about the other though. I thought it included what we sold plus the % they received as a fundraiser. I could be wrong though....I have been wrong once before! :p I know if you enter as a fundraiser they will only get 15% but that is 15% on top of how many pink items you sold. Just depends on you, you could enter as a regular show and get the free product. My personally, I would do it as a fundraiser because so many people I know have been getting cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer. whatever kind. plus you can still get the hostess special.

Calculations for HWC/RUFTH recognition:

RUFTH - $2 for every trivet sold (including the free one you can get on the supply order) and the total of all round up donations from September 1 through May 31.

HWC - $1 for every pink item sold (including any you purchased as samples and the host specials) and the amount that is EARNED as part of a HWC fundraiser. This is the amount that the American Cancer Society receives (the 15-25% depending on the total of the fundraiser).

I would have gotten HWC recognition if I was going to conference like I planned....I sold 73 pink items and they earned $200 from my HWC fundraiser! Too bad I can't go....:(

Awesome! thaks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the info! I might just get the lanyard yet.....woo hoo!

UPDATE:
I entered the show as a fundraiser - ended up over $300! Sold a ton of HWC items...and some people ordered more than HWC...so that helps. Now, if MY calculations are right, I should earn the special lanyard at conference. Being that this is my first upcoming conference, will I find out ahead of time whether I got $150 in RUFTH and HWC? Like, will they send an email or something, or do I have to rely on my own calculations? Reason being, I started using a laptop in January of this year, so I have to run reports from both computers, and I tend to get messed up when it comes to math!

Anyway, $300 is better than what it was at yesterday! woo hoo!!

Congrats on thinking PINK...This was my FIRST fundraiser ever and I worked my butt off getting orders, I am submitting the show tomorrow, over $1400--Several PINK products and additional 25% donation to ACS!!!! Additionally a HUGE boost to my morale and my business!

pcchris said:
UPDATE:
I entered the show as a fundraiser - ended up over $300! Sold a ton of HWC items...and some people ordered more than HWC...so that helps. Now, if MY calculations are right, I should earn the special lanyard at conference. Being that this is my first upcoming conference, will I find out ahead of time whether I got $150 in RUFTH and HWC? Like, will they send an email or something, or do I have to rely on my own calculations? Reason being, I started using a laptop in January of this year, so I have to run reports from both computers, and I tend to get messed up when it comes to math!

Anyway, $300 is better than what it was at yesterday! woo hoo!!
You'll need to rely on your calculations. And i'd take reports, etc. with you just in case HO computes it incorrectly. Then you can prove that you did it.

As an aside... didn't you pull old data into your laptop when you installed (from a backup)? Then you wouldn't need to run reports from 2 computers.

uh, no. I did not import the data from my desktop into my laptop. I'm not clever enough to know how to do that...lol!! maybe when I have some time, I'll figure it out. Thanks for the idea, though. Wow, am I a dork!

Chris, unfortunately, it's too late to do it now. You'd lose all the "new" information that you've entered since you started using the new computer. Unless there's not a whole lot of it- then you could restore from the old computer's backup, and reenter the new data.

Oh man, I have way more in my laptop than my desktop...I will just keep it the way it is now. I don't want to have to reenter...that would take me forever!

But thanks for the info!

Now you know for the next time you upgrade computers. :)

What is a "Think Pink" Team Captain?

A "Think Pink" Team Captain is a leader who is passionate about raising awareness and funds for breast cancer research through Pampered Chef's "Think Pink" initiative. They are responsible for organizing and motivating a team of consultants to host parties and events that support this cause.

How can I become a "Think Pink" Team Captain?

To become a "Think Pink" Team Captain, you must first sign up as a Pampered Chef consultant. Once you are a consultant, you can express interest in becoming a Team Captain by contacting your team leader or the Pampered Chef home office. You will then receive training and resources to help you lead your team and make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.

What are the responsibilities of a "Think Pink" Team Captain?

A "Think Pink" Team Captain's main responsibility is to organize and motivate their team of consultants to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research through hosting parties and events. They also serve as a liaison between their team and the Pampered Chef home office, and are responsible for reporting the team's progress and results.

What resources are available for "Think Pink" Team Captains?

Pampered Chef provides "Think Pink" Team Captains with a variety of resources to help them in their role. This includes training materials, marketing materials, and access to a dedicated "Think Pink" section on the Pampered Chef website where they can find ideas, tips, and inspiration for hosting successful events.

Can anyone be a "Think Pink" Team Captain?

Yes, anyone who is a Pampered Chef consultant can become a "Think Pink" Team Captain. However, it is recommended that they have a strong passion for the cause and previous experience in organizing and leading teams. They should also be committed to putting in the time and effort to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • kzuley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies