• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make my HWC fundraiser more successful?

In summary, this local bank let me set up a HWC fundraiser table. I had a raffle for the rectangular server(used the trifle bowl to hold the entries) ,displayed the pink products,put out catalogs and order forms for pink products and regular products. I took down the display today(it was there for 2 weeks). I only had six people enter the drawing and had 1 order from one of the ladies that works at the bank. To say the least I'm going to have to get more orders in order for this to even be considered a show. Very discouraging for my first fundraiser.
husbandwifepcteam
One of the local banks let me set up a HWC fundraiser table . I had a raffle for the rectangular server(used the trifle bowl to hold the entries) ,displayed the pink products,put out catalogs and order forms for pink products and regular products. I took down the display today(it was there for 2 weeks). I only had six people enter the drawing and had 1 order from one of the ladies that works at the bank. To say the least I'm going to have to get more orders in order for this to even be considered a show. Very discouraging for my first fundraiser. Anyone have any tips as to how I can get people interested in helping out with HWC? Thanks

Wish I could help, but I haven't had much luck with HWC this year either.

BTW... where in Ohio are you? I'm in Cincy.

This business is all about the personal contacts we make. If I were to do a table like that, I would ask if I could be there during some of their peak times to talk to people. Would you order something from an unmanned table at your local grocery store? I wouldn't.

I agree with Kate - if people get a chance to speak with you in person - your chances are a lot better especially in a bank setting when people are in and out.

However, pampering a business (bank, dr. office, someplace with lots of traffic) is good.

katie0128 said:
Wish I could help, but I haven't had much luck with HWC this year either.

BTW... where in Ohio are you? I'm in Cincy.

Hi I live 45 min east of Cincy in Georgetown which is in Brown Co.

Husbandandwifepcteam,
I am so sorry about your fundraiser. My best advise would be to do a cooking show fundraiser to add to this "bank show". Then ask the bank if they will let you post the funds raised by you in the May fundraiser and the winner of the drawing. Leave the flyer in one of those acrylic stands with the built in biz card holder. Even if no one ordered several people say and probably read the display and they will want to hear the outcome. A successful show and consultant is automatically trusted so you may end up with leads that way.

cmdtrgd said:
However, pampering a business (bank, dr. office, someplace with lots of traffic) is good.

I've never done this. (I can't imagine why. I definitely should.) But, I believe the point about personal contact still stands. When you pamper a business, doesn't one of the people there kind of take the reins? It's not simply an unmanned display. I imagine that was a stumbling block for lots of people.

husbandwifepcteam said:
Hi I live 45 min east of Cincy in Georgetown which is in Brown Co.

Hi, I thought I would just say " Howdy Neighbor". I live in Bethel... not far from Georgetown.

I can't imagine selling our products without actually being there to talk to people and tell them about our products. Maybe next time, rather than just setting up s stand and leaving it there, you could BE there and talk with people.

dannyzmom said:
I can't imagine selling our products without actually being there to talk to people and tell them about our products. Maybe next time, rather than just setting up s stand and leaving it there, you could BE there and talk with people.

Yes I understand and everyone seems to be in agreement with you.

raebates said:
I've never done this. (I can't imagine why. I definitely should.) But, I believe the point about personal contact still stands. When you pamper a business, doesn't one of the people there kind of take the reins? It's not simply an unmanned display. I imagine that was a stumbling block for lots of people.

I guess I misunderstood what is meant by pampering a business. I imagined just whipping up some goodies, taking the goodies, attaching a business card to the plate, telling the gal at the desk that I just wanted to tell them that I appreciate them serving our community and leaving. Sort of like a random act of kindness.

So, if that isn't it, what is it, exactly?

You're on the right track, Sandy. Just add asking the receptionist if she'd like to earn some free products by collecting orders. If not, you've done a kindness. If so, you have another easy show.

1. Why did my fundraiser not reach its goal?

There are several factors that can contribute to a fundraiser not reaching its goal, such as a lack of participation from supporters, low-quality products, or insufficient marketing efforts. It's important to evaluate these aspects and make improvements for future fundraisers.

2. Can I still receive the profits from the sales even if the fundraiser was not successful?

Unfortunately, the profits are usually only received if the fundraiser reaches its goal. However, some companies may offer a percentage of the profits even if the goal is not met. It's best to clarify this with the fundraising company beforehand.

3. Will my organization be charged for any fees or expenses if the fundraiser is not successful?

It depends on the agreement with the fundraising company. Some may have a minimum sales requirement, while others may charge a fee for not meeting the goal. Make sure to carefully review the terms and conditions before starting the fundraiser.

4. Can I extend the duration of the fundraiser if it's not going well?

In most cases, it is possible to extend the fundraiser if needed. However, it's important to communicate with the fundraising company and your supporters to ensure they are aware of the new end date and to make the necessary adjustments to reach the goal.

5. What can I do to make sure my fundraiser is successful?

There are several steps you can take to increase the chances of a successful fundraiser, such as setting a realistic goal, promoting the fundraiser to a wide audience, and offering high-quality products. You can also consider offering incentives or rewards to encourage participation from supporters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies