• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Shows Did You Have at 1 Year?

In summary, Heather has done 44 shows in her first year, while Amanda has only done 11. Heather is aiming to do more this upcoming year, while Amanda is taking a break. Heather is new to the business, while Amanda has been doing it for several years. Waves refer to which part of conference you can attend. There are three waves so that you go to the days designated for your cluster (it is based on your Executive Director). The Top Performance Cluster (TPC) is earned during the period of June-May. Hope this helps!
heat123
Silver Member
Just curious to see your totals after your 1st year with TPC and compare with eachother!??

Mine is 44 after 1 full year. Is that good, bad, average I wonder?:confused:

At one year I had done 44 shows. My first year was really not much of a year business-wise. I struggled to keep active - did ZERO recruiting or customer-care and paid very little attention to my business. Most of those "shows" were pulled together catalog shows and not actual cooking demos.

I will have done 36 shows by next week, and my one year anniversary is the week after that.

I took all of June off though so we could go on holiday, which ended up meaning I didn't do a show for around 6 weeks.

I will also reach my career sales (goal 1) by the end of the 36th show (maybe even the 35th!), so it's taken the year.

These shows have ALL been cooking demos. I did have two pulled together catalogue shows, however I then filled in for another consultant who was sick for two shows...so I have actually done that many cooking shows now.

I am aiming to double that this upcoming year...I was only working one party a week up until now, probably a little less than that some months as I still had my other job. Now that I've given the other job up I will be ready and raring to go next year (am currently due to have a baby so not really pushing PC at the moment!)

Waves?I am new to PC (2 months) and I dont understand what these "waves" are that I am hearing about.
Can someone walk me through this as if I were a 5 yr old?
What is a wave and what does a wave consist of? *I assume these are like steps to moving up the ladder but I dont remember seeing anything that gives more explanation in my super starter kit info*
Just like the incentives trips pamphlet really confused me.
Can anyone tell me how that works? Do you have an entire year to earn these trips or is it just a portion of the year?

Signed,
Confused new consultant :eek:

The waves refer to which part of conference you can attend. There are three waves so that you go to the days designated for your cluster (it is based on your Executive Director). There are too many consultants to have just one session of conference - so they split everyone into three groups.

As far as the trip - it is earned during a calendar year - January thru December. As a new consultant you probably won't earn the trip for next year - but you can aim to earn one in 2007 which you will take in 2008.

And just to confuse you some more - the Top Performance Cluster (TPC) is earned during the period of June-May. So you can aim to get that in sales, recruiting etc.

Hope that helps!

dannyzmom said:
At one year I had done 44 shows. My first year was really not much of a year business-wise. I struggled to keep active - did ZERO recruiting or customer-care and paid very little attention to my business. Most of those "shows" were pulled together catalog shows and not actual cooking demos.

Hmm, and here I thought I was doing ok w/ 44!? I only had 1 no sale month during this summer of July. After my original 16 friends and family helped me book shows the rest were with strangers.

I do find myself struggling now though with Zero recruits and no customer care followups. I know until I can get over my phone fear my biz cannot flourish.

44? Good heavens I'd fall over dead with joy to have 44 shows in my first year! I had 11. My first year was extremely hard and plagued by endless family hardship. An uncle and great aunt died unexpectedly, then my sister and her husband separated, my parents got into an auto accident (leaving my dad in a wheelchair), then my grandparents got cancer, and then the holidays, then my nephew passed away suddenly (he was only 3). On top of having an infant. Yea, it's been hard for me. I went inactive twice, but am keeping with it. I'd love to average 44 shows next year! :)

What a tough year Amanda! Great job for sticking with it! Your perseverence will pay off!

I've only been doing this about 8 months, and have about 25 at the end of the month. It would great to boost that up to 44 by April, but, either way, not too shabby in my opinion.

Great job Heather, and congrats on your anniversary!

My first year anniversary was last month and i did 57 shows as of Oct.28th!

OMG Amanda, I am sooo sorry to hear about your 1st year! I hope all is ok with you? I don't think I would manage to keep with PC after that (without taking a very long break) , it shows you have great strength and perserverance! Did you also mention before you started with Discovery toys? If so how is that going for you?

Ps. Thank Melissa for your kind words!

Heather I only did 50 my first yr and the bulk of it was when KI did taste of home without that I would have gone inactive for sure
Amanda I am so sorry to hear about your first yr I probably would have quit if that was going on in my life

I had 40 shows by my year anniversay which was this past Februaru. The first 9 months of my business were really slow though. Now 9 months after my year anniversay I'm on my 81st show so I've done alot better this year. I have yet to recruit a person though. I have had 6 very interested people but it isn't "the right time" for any of them yet. So still waiting...

I've never done anything with Discovery Toys. I've never actually even heard of them ;) .. As for everything going on in my life, I just wanted so desperately to have something of my own - something that gave me time to myself away from everything, talking to ladies, and making friends. It didn't work out as well as I wanted it to, but sometimes things in life don't. Doesn't mean I'll give up on it.. I hope next year to double my business. I just booked a show from a catalog show that will help me to break out of this clientele circle that I've been stuck in for months. I just closed a $530 catalog show, I'm almost done gathering together my people for the Mystery Host $1000 show, and I have a home show scheduled for Dec 2nd. :D

Last edited:
pchefinski said:
44? Good heavens I'd fall over dead with joy to have 44 shows in my first year! I had 11. My first year was extremely hard and plagued by endless family hardship. An uncle and great aunt died unexpectedly, then my sister and her husband separated, my parents got into an auto accident (leaving my dad in a wheelchair), then my grandparents got cancer, and then the holidays, then my nephew passed away suddenly (he was only 3). On top of having an infant. Yea, it's been hard for me. I went inactive twice, but am keeping with it. I'd love to average 44 shows next year! :)

Oh gosh ... I dodn't mean to make it sound like I was poo-poo'ing 44 shows. Not at all. I went into this to make it a F/T business and 44 shows was more of a P/T thing...and as I said MANY of those 44 were not "really" shows....they were bunches of orders I'd pick up here & there and turn in as catalog shows (back then, 5 orders = a catalog show regardless of the dollar amount they totalled)

It took me a while to get my business to where I wanted it to be. But everyone's idea of where they want their business to be is very different.

My 2nd year I did 60 shows and my 3rd year I did 93

I had 55 shows the first full year in PC. I earned my $15,000 in sales in about 6 months. I work 25 hr/wk and a different job, also. I would love to do more, but mentally, this is really good for me. I have now been in for 1 1/2years and only have one recruit. It sound like we are all pretty similar to our show schedule, so everyone keep up the good work!!!

heat123 said:
I do find myself struggling now though with Zero recruits and no customer care followups. I know until I can get over my phone fear my biz cannot flourish.

It is surprising how many of us have this problem. I'm still working on getting over my phone fear.

Just finished show # 35 & have 36 Friday & 37 Sunday!:D

cookn' katie said:
I had 55 shows the first full year in PC. I earned my $15,000 in sales in about 6 months. I work 25 hr/wk and a different job, also. I would love to do more, but mentally, this is really good for me. I have now been in for 1 1/2years and only have one recruit. It sound like we are all pretty similar to our show schedule, so everyone keep up the good work!!!

Wow Katie!! 55 shows AND you work 25 hrs a week!! That's fabulous!! I didn't work anything other than PC and was only able to pull off 44 shows my firstyear.

tlennhoff said:
It is surprising how many of us have this problem. I'm still working on getting over my phone fear.

Okay, I hear phone fear from you guys and myself way too much not to share a particularlly violent way I got myself on the phone one day.
I had my list of people I needed to call to get bookings.
So I checked my email, got a cup of tea, came on chef sucess.
Said to myself, "Self, you are being stupid! Shut off the computer and DO those calls! You need shows!"
So.... I shut off the computer, cleared off my desk, started filling in my calendar, got another cup of tea, went potty.
Then I said to myself, "Self, if you aren't going to call because you are afraid of how the calls are going to go then just throw out those contacts and go watch TV."
So...... I wrote big black no's on ALL those contacts with a big fat sharpie, chucked them in the garbage and went to watch TV.

Then.
On my way to the TV I passed my Golden Treasures tracking sheet on the door and saw that I really was only 2000 points away from the level I wanted, and it would be stupid to give up now.
So................... I set my PC Clock/timer for 15 minutes and started making my calls.
45 calls 5 beeps of the timer and one digging through the trash later.
I had 4 shows and a recruiting interview.

Moral of the story. You can do anything for 15 minutes and sometimes you just need a figurative slap in the face to get your bratty self to do what you know is best for you.
At least I do. :D

44 must be a popular number! That's how many I did my first year too.

I am on show #66 at my first year anniversary. I have one active recruit and one qualified but got-out-when-she-got-pregnant recruit. I thought I might stay in PC for a few months but it has been so much more natural to keep it going than to just give up. I didn't get to San Francisco so just booked a cruise for the family compliments of PC. YEAH!

(What is the most accurate way to find show number? I just added like I was adding a show but know that I have added shows and then canceled them later cause they never happened. I'm sure that that 66 shows is really more like 55.)

Sorry Amanda about your dreadful year - yuck!

I had 51 at my first full year. :D :D It really does seem like we are all at the same pace!;) Tuesday night will be show number 96 for me and I've only been doing PC for 19 months. It seems to be going really great for me!!!:D

I had 110 shows at 1 year. I have had a very busy year, just had my 1 year anniversary.

I was around 100 at one year.

You girls rock! I only had 23 my first full year - however 2 of those months I had zero shows in - so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm hoping that each year I get even busier - it works out with my husband's crazy retail schedule not to have so much going on at the end of the year. I hope to have the success that many of you have had - way to go!

Gina

OK. I'll join the conversation. I'm a full-time hospital pharmacist and had 50 shows my 1st year.

Looks like I am going to wind up with about 75 shows for my first year. I had a slow month in August, but other than that, have been pretty steady all year long.

I reached my 15k career sales in June, so almost exactly 6 months after starting.

Next year, I am going to try for at least 100 shows! (I WANT a trip! LOL)

I had 29 show and 12 individual sales. I sold just over 13k for my first year. I am a SAHM so I think I did pretty well!!!

OMG, you ladies with 90+ your first year, that is awesome! Good for you!

Interesting thread! I looked back and found that at one year I had done 63 shows. Also, it was interesting to see the dollar amounts. It seems that things really picked up for me after about 6 months. It seems to get easier every six months, too.

Winding down .... NOT!!I am entering my 11th month with PC and working on show #47. I work fulltime as a criminal trial assistant and my "day job" really gets in the way of my "fun" job....:D

After conference I really started focusing on recruiting (5 signed since NC) because after being in Chicago and seeing all of those consultants enjoying those great trips, walking on stage and being cheered by your temamates and the vision of all those who shared their stories, I realized I wanted that to be ME!!

I plan on doubling my show numbers in 2007, doubling my recruits by (well as soon as I can) walking on stage in Dallas (at the very least NC) and cutting my DAY JOB back to 1/2 time and doing PC with more definition than the past year. I always wanted to be a SAHM with my daughter - BUT --- well I guess I can shoot for a SAHGma:p

I soooo wish someone would have offered me this opportunity years ago...;)

I didn't say, one year on I have one active recruit and have one with signed papers just waiting for after Christmas.

I'm excited to start my second year...I have 6 weeks off for mat leave but I have 3 booked into the last week of January, and 2 booked the first weekend of February already...am aiming for 8 -10 shows per month, which will boost me to over 100 shows in the next year!

Recently my show average has dropped a wee bit, but that's because I've shifted my focus from selling and I've moved on to recruiting. Makes a difference I think!

At one year I am at show #55

dannyzmom said:
Oh gosh ... I dodn't mean to make it sound like I was poo-poo'ing 44 shows. Not at all. I went into this to make it a F/T business and 44 shows was more of a P/T thing...and as I said MANY of those 44 were not "really" shows....they were bunches of orders I'd pick up here & there and turn in as catalog shows (back then, 5 orders = a catalog show regardless of the dollar amount they totalled)

It took me a while to get my business to where I wanted it to be. But everyone's idea of where they want their business to be is very different.

My 2nd year I did 60 shows and my 3rd year I did 93

LOL Oh no, don't feel bad. I was just shocked and laughing to myself.. like "dude -- that would ROCK!" kind of thing.. :D Just chuckle it off. LOL Things happen, like I said, and though my intentions when I started were to make an extra $300 per month to supplement our finances, a lot of life got in the way... but I'm still here! I don't feel knocked down b'c you had 44 shows in your first year -- I'm motivated! 44 shows/yr averages out to be about 6 shows per month. I hope next year I can reach that. If not, there's always the next year, but I really would like to go part-time, like you're aiming to do, instead of the casual status I'm at right now. DH wants me to just take the shows as they come, so I'll leave out the fact that I'm working to get bookings at each show and just tell him people booked off the shows themselves. LOL He means well - just doesn't want me to get overloaded with life and PC.

Koolotus said:
Okay, I hear phone fear from you guys and myself way too much not to share a particularlly violent way I got myself on the phone one day.
I had my list of people I needed to call to get bookings.
So I checked my email, got a cup of tea, came on chef sucess.
Said to myself, "Self, you are being stupid! Shut off the computer and DO those calls! You need shows!"
So.... I shut off the computer, cleared off my desk, started filling in my calendar, got another cup of tea, went potty.
Then I said to myself, "Self, if you aren't going to call because you are afraid of how the calls are going to go then just throw out those contacts and go watch TV."
So...... I wrote big black no's on ALL those contacts with a big fat sharpie, chucked them in the garbage and went to watch TV.

Then.
On my way to the TV I passed my Golden Treasures tracking sheet on the door and saw that I really was only 2000 points away from the level I wanted, and it would be stupid to give up now.
So................... I set my PC Clock/timer for 15 minutes and started making my calls.

Moral of the story. You can do anything for 15 minutes and sometimes you just need a figurative slap in the face to get your bratty self to do what you know is best for you.

This is such a motivation and puts it in simple perspective. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to get over yourself and do what needs to be done. I'm nowhere near earning a trip, but a few months ago I sat down and wrote a list of what I'd do with the commission from each show.. Sometimes I change the list, as things change (like now I want shows for Christmas shopping). But it motivates me.. "if I get ONE more show, then DH and I can go out for a nice dinner and movie ALONE next month" .. For me it's an equal problem of being afraid of the phone (why, I have no clue, because any other time I can talk on it for hours!) and having like NO reachable contacts (I have struggled from the beginning to get people's full contact information).

Your fear of the phone is common. I tell my new consultants that no successful business just sets up shop and hopes that customers will show up. That would be silly wouldn't it? Our phone and cooking shows are our best way to build and keep building our businesses.
It's amazing what 15 minutes on the phone can do for our business.
Getting complete contact info is important and finding out when the best time to reach them is.

Koolotus said:

That's AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing. I love that you shared this personal experience. I love your attitude! That's good motivation.

I was 56 shows at the one year mark. It is interesting how many of us were right around the same amount. It does show how far you can take this business. After 3 1/2 years in the business, I just did show # 229 last night.

Well, not quite a year... but 9 months anyway :D
I did my first show in mid-February and have had 62 shows so far (and 11 non-shows). Aiming for Atlantis (if I can get at least 5 of my 7 newest consultants qualified before Dec 31 that is!)

I started in January of this year and just had #44 and have 6 more scheduled before the end of the year. I had it in my head to do 50. I am pleased considering I also work FT.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Raenstorm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • sarahlegare
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies