• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Only Host One Show a Year???

In summary, the mother was told that she could only have one show a year, and that she could get one item at 30% off. After she called HO, she found out that she could get everything in the catalog if she wanted it. The consultant told her this because her mother thought that the 30% off limit was wrong.
ChefJoyJ
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I figured one of my questions related to bookings, so...here it is! :)

I ran into one of the mother's of one of my student's last year at the grocery store today, and told her about my new business. Wonder of wonders - she loves Pampered Chef!!! :balloon: She said she would love to host a show for me, but since she held one last June, it would have to be this summer before she could host another. Of course, I asked why and she told me the consultant told her she can only host one show a year. :confused: Is that true???? It's my understanding you can host as many as you want, but am I mistaken? Both her mother and her have hosted shows with this consultant and both of their shows reached $1000 (yippee!!). Why would the consultant tell her this?? Especially with shows that high?

Also - the consultant told her that she could only get one item at 30% off (you know - her discount after her free and 1/2 priced products). Her mother thought that was wrong, so before she held her show, she called HO to check - and was told that she could get one of everything in the cataloge if she wanted it. By telling my student's parent that she can only get one item at 30% off - didn't she reduce her commission?

I'm just so confused...

NO THAT IS NO TRUE , anyone can have a show anytime as many times as she wants too . Hell if she wants to do a show every month noone is stopping her . Sh has been told the wrong info. Maybe you can get her to have a show in January for the awsome host benifits , then she will love you and be a great host for you
I have many many repeat Host some times 2/3 times a year !!

Your friend is terribly misinformed. You are correct. Someone can host a show every week if they want to! I have several hosts who put together a catalog show whenever there is a special that they want. After the Free and Half-Off items are used, the % discount is unlimited on thier host order (they could buy 10 of everything in the catalog if they wanted to).

Yes she can host as many shows she wants in a yr I have hosts who have had 3 shows a yr for me.

Also with her telling people they can only get 1 item at 30% off she is totally reducing her commision.

And yes...they have an UNLIMITED discount that they earn (she earned 30%) and you are correct...the consultant shot down her commission, since we don't earn commission on free, half price, or the host bonuses....But we DO earn commission on their discounted items!

I have no idea why the original consultant would have told her that, unless she was misinformed too!

I don't know the reason the consultant told this mother inaccurate information, but it was just that. There is no limit of number of shows a host can do in a year. In fact, I always book my hosts from their show within the six month period, so the hosts can not only enjoy the new season of products, but they can also purchase the 60% off host special as the guest (the show was booked from + $4 shipping) AND as the current host.

Also, the consultant is dumb for limiting the amount her hosts purchases at 30% off, because YES this counts towards your commission.

With sales like this, and this consultant's misinformation, this mother probably has never been told that she can apply $20 or $40 from her free product, toward the starter kit. She may be your first recruit! Book her for January now! She will be very excited not only to see fall products, but to get even more product free.

Wow....we were all typing at the same time!! LOL

I was the first to respond, but I got interrupted with oatmeal boiling. Hee. Hee

*whew* (wiping hand across forehead)

I was hoping that was the case - I had told her that she could host as many parties a year as she wanted! Which means - she'll be having a party with me (hopefully sooner than later!)

How lucky I ran into her in the grocery store! One more person at my grand opening and one more person interested in a show! :D

You're exactly right. Anyone can host a show as many times as they want--even twice in the same month if they want (like many hosts did in September so they could get two 60% off specials). I had a host in December who booked a show off herself for February so that she can get four 60% off items at that time. :D I called HO just to make sure that was legal and they said, "yes."

I'm hoping the previous consultant was just new and didn't know what they were doing, yet. Limiting host benefits can really hurt the company name and ALL of our businesses. The consultant would still have made commission off all of the 30% off stuff, so yes, she was only hurting her own business by limiting her hosts. The host was pretty smart to call HO to make sure.

How funny! I started my post after everyone else posted theirs, but they just weren't showing up, yet. Looks like everyone's already given you the correct information. :D

Wow - I was typing as all the second round of responses was going up!! How funny! :p

LOL! LibrarianChef was typing at the same time as me - this is funny! :)

I just wanted to make sure that I was correct in all my "assumptions" b/c I want to tell people correct information *and* I don't want to limit my commission!!!

I totally understand. I'm still very new to PC so I come up with tons of questions. As a matter of fact, your question reminded me that I still have a question so I'm going to go find a place to post it real quick. :p

lol - I know what you mean - I'm full of questions! :p

I'll keep an eye out for your question - something else for me to learn!! :D

If you newbies haven't read it yet, I would really recommend logging on to Consultant's Corner, clicking on the link for policies and procedures, printing it and reading it. It will answer MANY of your initial questions. I actually carried it to my first few shows in a folder "just in case". It was perfect when at my 2nd show someone wanted a gift certificate. I was able to excuse myself for a few minutes to set up to check out while they were eating, go look up my question and have an accurate answer for her right away - getting a $50 GC sale on the show.

janetupnorth said:
If you newbies haven't read it yet, I would really recommend logging on to Consultant's Corner, clicking on the link for policies and procedures, printing it and reading it.

That's righ! I've read it several times and will continue to, but I just have a hard time keeping all of the answers in my head whenever I need them really quick. :eek: ChefSuccess is so quick, though. :D I love this community! :thumbup:

LibrarianChef said:
That's righ! I've read it several times and will continue to, but I just have a hard time keeping all of the answers in my head whenever I need them really quick. :eek: ChefSuccess is so quick, though. :D I love this community! :thumbup:

Amen!! This site is fantastic! :D I have read the policies and procedures, but I still find I have so much to learn! I thought I had understood this correctly (hosting a show more than once a year), but after hearing that another consultant had told my friend and her mother that you could only host once a year, I began to second guess myself.

Seriously though...was she that busy that she could only have hosts repeat once a year??

My sister hosted 4 shows for me within my first 6 months! How outrageous for that consultant to not know that. I've also had several host buy a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff at the unlimited discount.

Maybe she's thinking because of the one year 10% past host discount??

Could it be the other consultant was new and misunderstood how things really work?

Could be...I had the same thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misinformed.

I'm not trying to say anything bad...expecially since I know she'll be in my cluster...since the only director in my area is the one who is my director. :p

(means more room for me to grow and become a director, right?? :D)

I've had a great customer who has hosted 3 times this year!

Keep in mind, also, that what someone is told and what they hear can be 2 very different things. The consultant may have given her correct info, but in the gluttony of information that gets spewed out at the end of a show, the host may have gotten things confused.

I have regular hosts, who have been host coached many times over, and have closed shows with me several times, still get confused over what their benefits are.....and still ask if their FPV can be used for their 50% off items, ask how many 50% off items they get (even when it is written out on paper in front of them), ask if they have to pay tax on FPV, etc........

Just saying - don't jump to conclusions that the consultant was ignorant or not giving correct info.;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Keep in mind, also, that what someone is told and what they hear can be 2 very different things. The consultant may have given her correct info, but in the gluttony of information that gets spewed out at the end of a show, the host may have gotten things confused.

I have regular hosts, who have been host coached many times over, and have closed shows with me several times, still get confused over what their benefits are.....and still ask if their FPV can be used for their 50% off items, ask how many 50% off items they get (even when it is written out on paper in front of them), ask if they have to pay tax on FPV, etc........

Just saying - don't jump to conclusions that the consultant was ignorant or not giving correct info.;)
I totally agree. Great advice.

One other thing I thought of though (sorry for the dark side - or is it devil's advocate?). Did she allow the host to get more than one thing at her 30% off and then charge her full price for additional purchases? That would really be bad! I totally hope she was just new and didn't understand...

BethCooks4U said:
One other thing I thought of though (sorry for the dark side - or is it devil's advocate?). Did she allow the host to get more than one thing at her 30% off and then charge her full price for additional purchases? That would really be bad! I totally hope she was just new and didn't understand...

I really hope not!! :eek:

I hope she was just new or didn't understand the policies. I'm sure, after my friend's mother called when she was hosting a show that she knows now...

I wasn't assuming she was ignorant or giving incorrect advice, I was just checking that I understood things correctly. I would have agreed with you about the amount of info given at the end of the show, if both she (at her show) and her mom (at the mom's show) weren't both told the exact same information.

Related to Can Only Host One Show a Year???

1. Can I only host one Pampered Chef show per year?

Yes, according to our company policy, each customer is only allowed to host one Pampered Chef show per calendar year.

2. Can I host more than one show if I have different addresses?

No, regardless of your address or location, you are still limited to only one show per year.

3. What if I have multiple family members or friends who want to host a show?

Unfortunately, each individual is only allowed to host one show per year, regardless of their relation or connection to you.

4. Can I host a show for a different consultant if I have already hosted one this year?

Yes, you are allowed to host a show for a different Pampered Chef consultant if you have already hosted one this year. However, you will still be limited to one show per year for each consultant.

5. Is there any way to host more than one show per year?

At this time, our policy only allows for one show per year per customer. However, you can always attend and support other shows hosted by your friends and family members throughout the year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies
Views
adoverpchef