• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How should I handle the host special for my mystery host show?

In summary, Lisa is planning on doing a mystery host show in January and she is having trouble figuring out the best way to do it. She has playtested three games and her sales were only $300. She plans to try an online mystery host show to see if it is a better option.
Chef_Amei
Hey all,
I've been w/ Pchef for 1 1/2 years now & recently became inactive (had a death in the family that set me back). :( So now I'm getting ready to get back into the swing of things & I'm starting my year off w/ a mystery host show in 2 weeks. I've been reading many of the threads on here & have a lot of really good ideas, but still have one question... Do I give away the host special at the end of the show after all orders are tallyed, or before everyone places their order? And what works best, doing the drawing that night, or the next day after everyone has gone home? :confused: This is the only thing I'm stumped on!!I'm planning on drawing 2 names-both get 60% off 1 product, and 1 gets the free product while the other gets the 1/2 price products. Please help! Thanks!

Here's how I do my mystery host shows - getting ready for my third next weekend. I wait until everyone is gone and pick two winners after I've gotten everyone's orders at the show. I put them in as co-hosts and they get to split the free product down the middle. Then if the 1/2 price items are an even number I split those down the middle. At my show, I give each guest a season's best just for coming and raffle off little prizes I have ordered for the show (usually $5 and under). I make some food up ahead of time and demo one recipe. It's been a success the last 2 times and now people start to look forward to it each year. And since I"m doing it in January - if it hits over $500 in sales - they'll get the extra free product as well.

Hope this helps! And sorry for the loss in your family - hopefully your mystery host show will be a big success!

I'm doing my first one in 1 week, and also want it to be lots of fun and lots of goodies for everyone. I'm planning on 2 co-hosts, and several little games that I will give prizes for, so lots of people will get something. I'm also going to enter everyone who books a show a second time in the drawing for co-host to hopefully up my bookings.

Bump! Any other suggestions?

I just did my first one tonight!:sing: It was great!
I played three games:
ugliest utensil contest
"Deal or no Deal" game: I put slips of paper in envelopes. Free shipping, citrus peelers, seasonings, I had a piece of stoneware (from the outlet) I also had slips in there that said they won a date with me! (book a show) They all opened their envelopes (except my 90 year old g'ma). If they chose Deal they got what was in the envelope, if it said book a show we dated it today! If they had already booked a show (for more hostess benifit tickets) they had nothing to loose!
We also played "Queen of the shoppers" (prize: Season's Best)
I ended up with nine bookings!!! My phone has been ringing all night with orders, bookings, and people saying that they had a great time wanting to know when I would do it again!:D

That is great Lisa! How exciting for you and a great way to keep your business going strong!

Just curious Lisa - how were your sales?

My sales were only $300. A little dissappointing but I have some calls to make. The girls were not dissappointed, they will take anything for free!

Has anyone tired a Online Mystery Host Show? If so, how did it go?

Thanks for the suggestions!! I'll let you all know how it goes!:chef:

1. How does a Mystery Host Show work?

A Mystery Host Show is a fun way for a group of friends to get together and enjoy a cooking demonstration while also having a chance to win free Pampered Chef products. The host of the party will be kept secret until the end, and then they will receive all the host rewards based on the total sales from the party.

2. How do I become a Mystery Host?

To become a Mystery Host, all you need to do is host a Pampered Chef party and invite your friends and family. The more guests who attend and make purchases, the higher your chances are of being chosen as the Mystery Host and earning the host rewards.

3. How are the host rewards determined in a Mystery Host Show?

The host rewards in a Mystery Host Show are determined by the total sales from the party. The more guests who attend and make purchases, the higher the host rewards will be. The rewards can include free products, discounted items, and exclusive offers.

4. Can I still earn free products as a guest at a Mystery Host Show?

Yes, as a guest at a Mystery Host Show, you can still earn free products by making a purchase. The host will also have special offers and discounts available for guests to take advantage of.

5. How do I know if I am the Mystery Host?

The Mystery Host will be revealed at the end of the party. If you are the host, you will be contacted by your Pampered Chef consultant to discuss your host rewards and how to redeem them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • amgreen66