• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Products Do You Bring to a Show?

In summary, when preparing for a show, it is recommended to only bring the products needed for the demo, the host and guest specials, and a few essential items such as cookware, stoneware, spices, and a bowl caddy. It is also helpful to ask the host if there are any specific products they would like to see. Some consultants bring more items for a broader range, but it is suggested to start with a manageable amount and gradually decrease. It is important to bring products that may not be easily understood from the catalog, such as the salad choppers, as seeing and using them in person can lead to more sales.
jrny2001
Silver Member
How many products do you bring to a show? I think I am bringing too much with me.
Do you bring just the stuff you need to do your demo?

jrny2001 said:
How many products do you bring to a show? I think I am bringing too much with me.
Do you bring just the stuff you need to do your demo?

I bring:
The products I need for my demo
The host & guest special for the month I am trying to book
One Piece of cookware to pass
One piece of Stoneware to pass
Cookbooks
Spices
Small Bowl Caddy & Bowls
RUFTH Trivet

I take what Becky said except I don't take all the cookbooks (they are really heavy) unless I'm asked to bring them. I usually have a couple of spices not all. I don't always take the bowl and caddy.
I would take what you need for your demo; ask your host if there is anything they would like to see. I'm trying really hard not to take everything.

I take my tool turn about (stocked with honing tool, meat tenderizer, spatulas, Forged cutlery utility knife, paring knives, whateve gadgets that fit)
my lrg round stone and wicker thing it can go on. (used for demo)
saute pan
easy read measure cups
trifle bowl
a prep bowl
ultimate mandoline
either salad choppers or salad spinner
my cookbooks (3)

It all fits in my tote I bought from someone that the new consultants get. I know its alot but I like to take a broad range of stuff. I sold 3 meat tendrizers at my last show because they liked how it worked. so whatever works!! some people take more and some take less. I don't take so much I can't carry my stuff.

I have started bring just what I need to demo and the specials if I am not using them. It has not made a difference in my sales and I have less to carry. I do bring all the cookbooks with me and that's about all the extra I bring.

After reading all your posts, I think I overpack! Actually, I'm positive that I do. I had been taking as much stuff as I could load into my car. Now, I bring Al LITTLE less. I don't always take everything into the show, but it always seems that what I don't bring is what someone asks about. Especially in stoneware.
What do you do / say when someone asks about something that you don't bring? Do they buy it anyway?
I will rethink my packing strategy for the Fall!!

peichef said:
What do you do / say when someone asks about something that you don't bring? Do they buy it anyway?
I will rethink my packing strategy for the Fall!!

Tell them you will bring it to their show and use it in the recipe.

Generally, they'll buy it anyway, especially if you answer their questions. One piece of stoneware (preferably something small) is all I ever bring in the stoneware.

Try taking baby steps. Think about the things you've left in the car the last few shows. You don't need to take those. Each show leave a little more at home until you have a manageable amount.

Now, if you're a "rip the band-aid off/quit cold turkey" type of person, slash your products back in one big sorting session.

I bring to much:D I try to bring as much as I can cause I love it all and I want everyone to see it.

I am in my 2nd month and I was bringing all of my starter kit. I am rethinking for my August shows. I have purchased several more pieces that I think are more impressive/fun like the salad spinner, trifle, fluted stoneware pan. I'm going to focus on things that guests may not understand unless they see it in person. (like the salad choppers, the size and quality of the salad spinner) Well, even the measure all cup... I have people who own it that don't know how it works!

To me, bringing the Salad Choppers has been very important. The catalog pictures just don't show the two blades well. It's definitely one of those products you have to see in person to "get." I don't think I would have sold nearly as many if people hadn't seen and used it for themselves.

How right you are, Rae!! I don't have a salad chopper, since I've never seen it person!!! It's probably why I've only sold one!!

I agree, seeing the salad choppers is a must! At my last show, we made salsa and I sold several of them.

raebates said:
To me, bringing the Salad Choppers has been very important. The catalog pictures just don't show the two blades well. It's definitely one of those products you have to see in person to "get." I don't think I would have sold nearly as many if people hadn't seen and used it for themselves.

TRUE! I never sold even one until I started using it in my demo - I've been using it in my demos all summer, and now I sell 3-4 per show! (the host almost always buys it!)

ChefBeckyD said:
TRUE! I never sold even one until I started using it in my demo - I've been using it in my demos all summer, and now I sell 3-4 per show! (the host almost always buys it!)

I've been making the salsa at my shows and haven't sold even one!!! Everyone acts like they could care less about it and say they would never use it.:(

jrny2001 said:
I've been making the salsa at my shows and haven't sold even one!!! Everyone acts like they could care less about it and say they would never use it.:(

I don't make the salsa - I throw everything in a bowl - and pass it around and have them make it.
Then I talk about how by just substituting basil for the cilantro, and a couple drops of olive oil & balsamic vinegar for the pepper - you can have excellent bruschetta in less than 5 minutes. And that it is also great for making chicken salad or egg salad - just throw all your ingredients in a bowl, chop, chop, chop, add the dressing and you are done!

1. How many products do you typically bring to a show?

The number of products brought to a show varies depending on the size and type of show. In general, we bring a selection of our most popular and versatile products to showcase to our customers.

2. Can I request specific products to be included in the show?

Absolutely! We want to make sure you have the opportunity to see and try out the products you are most interested in. You can let us know which products you would like to see at the show and we will do our best to accommodate your requests.

3. Do you bring all of your products to every show?

While we have a wide range of products, it is not feasible for us to bring every single one to every show. However, we rotate our product selection to ensure that our customers have the chance to see and try out a variety of products at different shows.

4. How do you decide which products to bring to a show?

We take into consideration the theme of the show, the preferences of the host and their guests, and our best-selling and most popular products when deciding which products to bring to a show. We want to provide a well-rounded selection that will appeal to a variety of customers.

5. Can I purchase products at the show?

Yes, you can purchase products at the show! We will have a table set up with all of our products on display for you to browse and purchase. We also offer special discounts and promotions for purchases made at the show, so it's a great opportunity to get some amazing deals on our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Wright
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • pckrissy