• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Five Products? Just Wonderin'

In summary, besides the products required to demo/prepare your cooking show dish(es), the person always brings the DCB, a collapsible bowl, a cookie sheet, forged Cutlery, SS Bowl Set, Small Exec Saute, and a metal sheet pan.
RMDave
Gold Member
Besides the products required to demo/prepare your cooking show dish(es) ... what five items do you always bring along to generate sales?

We all know that if you bring EVERYTHING, you gear looks like you've packed for a three week trip to Europe.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Something from each of the main groups: cookware, stoneware, knives, bamboo and simple additions.

I'm more concerned about bringing product to generate bookings, than generate sales. I can sell whatever I have.

I always bring:

DCB
SS Bowl Set
Food Chopper
Knives
Piece of cookware.

I also make sure that my demo includes stoneware, cookware, knives, and either SA or Bamboo.

Excellent points. Anybody else?

I don't know if I have a top-5, but I take what I need for my recipe of course, I'm like Becky- I bring my DCB, the Food Chopper, at least one knife, and I'm just getting a SS Bowl set to use in my kit (YEAH!)...but those are "basics" for a demo usually anyway.Then I will grab whatever happens to be the Guest Special for the current month and what is the Host Special is for the current and/or NEXT month (or whatever month I need to book).

I took a TON of stuff last night to my first show. It was a pain carrying it but I kinda feel like I need to do it in the beginning until I get my PC demo skills down. I did talk to alot of my friends that love PC and they felt the things they like to see are the stoneware, the tool turn about, the deep covered baker, mix n chop, and the quick stir pitcher.

Thanks, again. We need more ... MORE MORE MORE. (Did I say that this thread is still open for more ideas?)

I am currently doing recipes in the DCB so I always bring that. I'll also bring my two 8" saute pans so that I can do the ice demo and talk about cookware. I also make sure I bring my RUFTH trivet to remind me to talk about the program (plus now that I'm using the DCB for my demo, I actually need it :)). If I had the stainless steel bowls, I'd probably bring those. I only have the really big one, and that's just a bit too bulky.

Other than that, the products for my demo usually include something from every major product group. The only other thing I might bring is whatever might be the Host Special of the month I'm wanting to book, if I don't use it in the demo. For example, for my shows this week, I'll be bringing the new cake stand.

RMDave said:
Thanks, again. We need more ... MORE MORE MORE. (Did I say that this thread is still open for more ideas?)

My, my, my someone's impatient :D It is Saturday night, the board is much slower on the weekends than it is during the week.

I always bring my DCB,
--med. bamboo bowl, I like to show the reinforced corners.
--collapsible bowl (medium), use it as a hat, demo it's many uses and then use it to collect the info slips.
--cookie sheet. I actually bring an old gross one and ask who has one that looks like it... then I show them ours and make them hold it. Everyone is always impressed at the weight and quality.
- I used to bring my 12 in. skillet, but it is too darn heavy!

NooraK said:
For example, for my shows this week, I'll be bringing the new cake stand.

Whoops, I'm getting ahead of myself. This week's shows I'll be bringing the Large Bamboo Platter, and once March is booked, I'll bring the Cake Stand.

silicone floral cupcake pan -love that thing! not sure about the cake stand. it is sooo heavy and bulky. afraid I'll crack it too.

I take my tool turn about full of gadgets. People love to touch all the stuff, it's a good conversation starter and I'm able to let people see things they've heard about (ice cream scoop, can opener, small spatula, etc.). I don't know if it helps with bookings but so many people say they are doing a show to get a ton of gadgets....

I agree with many posts above - I'm to a "T" with Becky but then I also do:

Small metal sheet pan along with a cheapie from WM to show the difference (another post above takes the large one...if I could have a miniature for everything I would)
Trivet to talk about RUFTH
Pink Knife when I get it to talk about HWC AND cutlery
Forged Cutlery (right now 7" Santoku)
SS Bowls (booking items)
If doing fajita's - Dots trio bowl for SA (otherwise no SA for me)
DCB - ALWAYS! (Never a time without it)
Small exec saute (no SS as I don't have any)
Spring & Summer I will take my grill baskets and put grill tools in them, rubs, cookbook and Sil Basting Brush. Last year they were in my top 3. The catalog does the grilling tools no justice (IMO)

Sorry to not give you more ideas but I really don't take a lot more per my 2010 resolution to pack light. I've also tried to pack nothing more than the starter kit items, my TTA with tools in it and the DCB so then I make it a point to tell people that everything I am using minus these few things are in the kit. No need to invest in more.

Pineapple Wedger. I actually had a host's husband run out to the store as soon as my offical demo was over because he had to see me demo the pineapple wedger and I sold like...3 of them (with only 5 ordering guests).

I am so leery of packing too light because there was drama at my party when my consultant (now director) didn't bring much. A few of my friends got really pissed and kinda told her off about it. They felt by not bringing more people couldn't touch and hold the products and then order more. While my friends went way overboard in their delivery, I think at this point I'd rather overpack then underpack. But I'm sure that will change as I get more comfortable.

All my demo's use the DCB, so that's always with me. :D I have the rolling tote, so I can pack quite a bit. I bring my Forged Cutlery (in the knife tote), SS Bowls (usually the small and med), my TTA with all the gadgets, cookbooks, all my spices in the grill basket, my saute pan, my batter bowl, the small bamboo bowls (so guests can see how pretty our bamboo collection is) and a 1 cup and 2 cup prep bowl. I usually bring the Quick Stir Pitcher as we're usually using it for the drinks, and my trifle bowl is in the TTA tote, so that tends to come too. I bring what items are the host special for the month I'm trying to book. I've been trying to cut back on what I bring, but it's been a difficult process! lol

That tends to cover all the collections, with the exception of SA. I only tend to bring those if I plan on using them to serve and it's the host special. I carry SA more to wedding expo's, wedding showers or if the host is a fan of them.

mandy412 said:
I am so leery of packing too light because there was drama at my party when my consultant (now director) didn't bring much. A few of my friends got really pissed and kinda told her off about it. They felt by not bringing more people couldn't touch and hold the products and then order more. While my friends went way overboard in their delivery, I think at this point I'd rather overpack then underpack. But I'm sure that will change as I get more comfortable.

I can relate to that. I went to a party years ago and the consultant brought only the TTA (half empty), and her demo products. Everything I asked to see she didn't have, and told me to look in the catalog. Well, if I wanted to catalog shop, I would've stayed home! So I tend to overpack. Of course, with everything I take, there is always one person who wants to see something that I left home.

But to answer the original question, something from each of the main catagories should do it. As you fine-tune your demo, you get a feel for what works best for you.

Oh, and that consultant who brought very little and told me to look in the catalog? Well, she's something like an advanced director now, and I still don't even have my first recruit. :rolleyes:

So many great ideas. Thanks for helping this newbie out.

RMDave said:
So many great ideas. Thanks for helping this newbie out.

LOL...a newbie who has a lot of shows and great sales under his belt already. Maybe you should be telling US what you take and say/do at your shows.

esavvymom said:
LOL...a newbie who has a lot of shows and great sales under his belt already. Maybe you should be telling US what you take and say/do at your shows.

I concur! ;)

esavvymom said:

So much charm to share and so little time. :)

I have no problems answering direct questions but lets just say that if told "No, I don't want to host a cooking show" I usually invite guests and show up anyway. LOL

Haha! I'm going to try that! :)

Cutting Board with Measuring Cups. I have sold one at every show I've had since I've had it.

The rest depends on what I'm doing and what the specials are.

Also ... keep in mind that you don't have to show it to sell it. David Meenan said he sells a DCB at every show and never brings it!

David Meenan is my idol if he can sell it and not lug it around. If there is one thing I hate to take its the DCB b/c of the weight but I sell the bajeesus out of them when I cook in them.

I ALWAYS use my DCB and during a lull I talk about the 5 things that I think every kitchen needs (4 out of 5 are inexpensive items but without fail I see 2 or 3 of these on the end of most orders)

My fav. 5 are
DCB
Measure All cups
Adjustable Measuring Spoons
Easy Opener
I Slice

i have the rolling tote also (that got w/my free pc $ for qualifying) so i try to fill it to the top! i always bring my dcb, 7" santoku, ss bowls, small sheet pan (for everyone to pass around), tta (stuffed) and whatever the host special is for the month i'm trying to book.

I am a sucker for the pantry stuff. I love to pass them around, and usually everyone buys at least one.

I always bring the trifle bowl. It is great to hold my door prizes, or slips. I love showing off how fridge friendly it is.

I also bring many products , Trainned to CROSS SELL from the best Feriale Yan my up line to sell a knife to cookware to SA
I know people do like to see the products. 1 from all groups . Now that we are going into spring/ summer the grill products and out door products. Since I have many repeat host ( after 9 years ) they do want to see the New products too

1. What are the top five best-selling products at Pampered Chef?

The top five best-selling products at Pampered Chef are the Deluxe Cooking Blender, the Quick Cooker, the Rockcrok Dutch Oven, the Deep Covered Baker, and the Garlic Press.

2. Can you recommend five must-have products for a beginner cook?

For a beginner cook, we recommend the Mix 'N Chop, the Manual Food Processor, the Flexible Cutting Mats, the Microplane Zester, and the Measure-All Cup.

3. What are the five essential kitchen tools every home cook should have?

The five essential kitchen tools every home cook should have are the Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, the Mini Serving Spatula, the Food Chopper, the Mini Mix 'N Scraper, and the Easy-Read Measuring Cups.

4. Are there any new or innovative products that have been recently added to the Pampered Chef line?

Yes, Pampered Chef is always coming out with new and innovative products. Some recent additions include the Quick Cooker, the Deluxe Cooking Blender, and the Stainless Steel Nonstick Skillet.

5. Can you suggest five products that would make great gifts for someone who loves to cook?

Some great gift ideas for someone who loves to cook are the Round Covered Baker, the Nonstick Double Burner Griddle, the Manual Food Processor, the Mix 'N Scraper, and the Stoneware Loaf Pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • LakesideMom