• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of You Budget Your Money?

In summary, a thread on CS got me to thinking about this. A separate account for regular savings, a separate account for vacation savings, and then in my home I may have separate places for other different things I am saving for. My husband calls me anal!!! Especially when I get paid each week and I put sticky notes on my money that is budgeted for different things like his gas, my gas, tithes, baby sitter, ball game money.......hahaha!! I know I am crazy! But I tell him would he rather me just spend it all and have none left!!HA!!! You

Do you budget your money?

• Yes, faithfully.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I think about it

• Nope - do not have to do that.

• Budget, what the heck is that?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Sell A ThonCan someone clarify for me...I have the sheet they gave us in the Product room at NC... the one that lists all the Sell a Thon packages and the Director's Benefit package.

Now...for the July sellathon, it says "Hold & Submit $3000 in commissionable sales to earn:" and the very first item on the list is the SS 8" skillet.

Then...the next section says "Hold & Submit 2 qualified shows to earn"...and the ONLY item it lists is the SS 8" skillet.

I submitted WELL over $3000 (held and submitted) in July...AND I held and submitted more than 2 qualified shows.

How many 8" SS Skillets did I earn?

That confused a lot of people in June and July. They said that they assumed that if you did $3000 in sales you must have done at least 2 shows, so they included that in the total you would receive for doing $3000 in sales.

Same in June, if you got the top package it included everything from the first two packages and the Knife and Pizza Cutter for holding 2 shows.

You earned one. They just included the 2 show products in the first package because most who earned a package also most likely did 2 shows. Of course those that did it in less shows don't get those products.

Didn't you get yours yet?

That kinda ticks me off, I have to say. I did $3000 in ONE show and another $3,000 in more shows. I was expecting TWO skillets and that is how it is written up on the sheet they gave us ay NC...very misleading :(

I think they sent something in Weekly Bites or somewhere that apoligized for the misunderstanding. It should have said if you earned Level 1 and submitted 2 shows you would get _ _ _...instead of listing Level 1 as getting both.
You would think that someone would have fixed that before it was given to us at NC.
For the (I'm sure) very few people who actually submitted 1 $3000.00 show they should send both IMHO.

THey didn't clarify it well on the sheet at NC nor on CC when it was up. They sent out a clarification in the Weekly Bites.

dannyzmom said:
That kinda ticks me off, I have to say. I did $3000 in ONE show and another $3,000 in more shows. I was expecting TWO skillets and that is how it is written up on the sheet they gave us ay NC...very misleading :(

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} I understand that must be frustrating! I am very impressed! $3000 in one show!!:party: How did you do that! Please share your secret. :pray:

bethcooks4u said:
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} I understand that must be frustrating! I am very impressed! $3000 in one show!!:party: How did you do that! Please share your secret. :pray:

Was that your fundraiser Carolyn? I agree that you should be upset. I would call HO on that one. They really didn't clarify it right. I read it wrong too and thought that I'd be getting 2 SS pans and 2 sharp products as well.

bethcooks4u said:

It was a fundraiser - over 500 invitations were sent out.

pampmomof3 said:
THey didn't clarify it well on the sheet at NC nor on CC when it was up. They sent out a clarification in the Weekly Bites.

I'm really disappointed :( But rather than wallow, I'll just work on selling cookware so I can order another SS skillet on Pan-O-Rama. I already got my 12" covered skillet...

A thread on CS got me to thinking about this.

I am the type that has a separate account for regular savings, a separate account for vacation savings, and then in my home I may have separate places for other different things I am saving for. HA!!!! Plus our general household checking account and my PC account.

My husband calls me anal!!! Especially when I get paid each week and I put sticky notes on my money that is budgeted for different things like his gas, my gas, tithes, baby sitter, ball game money.......hahaha!! I know I am crazy! But I tell him would he rather me just spend it all and have none left!!HA!!!

You go, girl! I need to be more disciplined and I know my DH would appreciate it too.

I don't but I really need to start...I am planning on buying a car and I need to figure that in as well as paying off some bills...

Attachments

• Benefits Overview.doc
    33 KB · Views: 267
  • Benefits Overview.doc
    33 KB · Views: 241
  • Benefits Overview.doc
    33 KB · Views: 281
For the most part I do. But we have been paycheck to paycheck lately so it's out of necessity....

We are currently paycheque to paycheque out of necessity too. There is just no room for extras. Makes it much easier to stick to a budget when the money is so tight though...

I wish I were better at doing it, if we did we'd have a savings!

I just got home from a road trip to Kentucky. 8 hours up....10 hours home (car trouble/heavy traffic!! :cry:) Read Dave Ramsey's book, Financial Peace on the way up....listened to his The Total Money Makeover on the way home.

So, technically, I don't have a budget but as of this time tomorrow...I will!! The principles laid out in both books are very simple and easy to understand. My family is ready to be "gazelle intense" to get rid of debt and build a solid financial foundation.

We had just finished the audiobook when we reached Atlanta and saw a billboard for Dave Ramsey's radio show. My son (12) pointed it out and asked us to turn it on....then asked us to turn it up! Later I was talking to my husband about something pertaining to the books and my son said, "Mom, that's baby step 3b!" How funny he was listening that closely!

I don't really. But I check my bank balance quite often so I always know about how much I have and how much I can afford. And I do have several different accounts, so I can't easily wipe out everything I have :)

friday said:
We are currently paycheque to paycheque out of necessity too. There is just no room for extras. Makes it much easier to stick to a budget when the money is so tight though...

I find it harder to stick to a budget when money is so tight. When you don't have enough to pay for everything, your budget is always changing! It's not a good position to be in but I'm working on it! I've checked out the Dave Ramsey stuff but it doesn't apply when you don't make enough to cover everything.

urbnk8 said:
I find it harder to stick to a budget when money is so tight. When you don't have enough to pay for everything, your budget is always changing! It's not a good position to be in but I'm working on it! I've checked out the Dave Ramsey stuff but it doesn't apply when you don't make enough to cover everything.

Don't rule Dave Ramsey out yet! If you read some of his testimonials, MANY of them started with more month left at the end of the money. I've always resisted writing down a budget because on paper there is no way to make everyone happy. It is so depressing. So we just live day to day without a plan.

Dave says that money is not logical, it has a dynamic. I've read Suze Orman books and she says the same thing. Treat it with respect and it will work for you. You have to control it (aka: budget :)) or it will control you. Ignoring the problem (not enough money to make ends meet) only makes the recovery period longer.

Reading Dave's books really point out areas that you can change to loosen up the budget. I am a big skeptic but just since Friday (when we made the committment to turn things around) we have received two BIG financial surprises that were not planned. The first step in The Total Money Makeover is to build an emergency fund of $1000. Last Monday I would have said it'd take a few months to "find" that much money. Now....we are almost there!!

I look at it like this....I can continue to be a victim or I can get mad enough to make the hard changes that need to be made. Today I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! I'm mad enough to stop driving through McDonald's or "browsing" through Michael's :)

I am firmly on the "Dave Ramsey bandwagon" Singing his praises :sing: (I just added that line so I could use the smiley!!) I won't keep going on and on here but would be happy to PM anyone that worries that his plan won't work for you.

We are working to get back on a budget. It's just not fun.

1. How can I create a budget that works for me?

Creating a budget that works for you starts with understanding your income and expenses. Make a list of all your sources of income and your monthly expenses. Then, prioritize your expenses and allocate a certain amount for each category. Be realistic and make adjustments as needed. It's also important to track your spending and make sure you're staying within your budget.

2. How can I stick to my budget?

Sticking to a budget can be challenging, but there are a few strategies that can help. First, set specific and achievable goals for yourself. This will give you motivation to stick to your budget. Also, try to limit unnecessary expenses and find ways to save money, such as using coupons or buying in bulk. It's also helpful to review your budget regularly and make adjustments as needed.

3. Is it important to have an emergency fund as part of my budget?

Yes, having an emergency fund is crucial for financial stability. Unexpected expenses can arise at any time, and having an emergency fund can prevent you from going into debt. Aim to save at least 3-6 months of living expenses in your emergency fund.

4. How can I involve my family in budgeting?

It's important to involve your family in budgeting, especially if you share expenses. Have an open and honest conversation about financial goals and priorities. Encourage everyone to contribute ideas for saving money and sticking to the budget. Consider having a family meeting once a month to review the budget and make any necessary adjustments.

5. What are some common budgeting mistakes to avoid?

There are a few common budgeting mistakes to avoid, such as not tracking your spending, not prioritizing savings, and not being realistic with your budget. It's also important to avoid overspending on credit cards and not factoring in unexpected expenses. Remember to review your budget regularly and make adjustments as needed to avoid these mistakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • chefann
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TwinGirlsMom
Replies