• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Budget: Choosing Between High-Cost Items for Your PC

Just an idea...maybe hold an open house or a "fall reveal" show where people can come look at your products. Then put yourself down using the consultant as host option, and use some of the free product dollars to build your stock up. I did this and it really helped me. :)As for the DCB and 12" skillet, I love them both and have used both at shows. I also use them both at home. I know that doesn't help much, but I guess I would look at those before the knife (I don't have the Santoku knife yet, and I've lived without it so far!). The 30-minute chicken is fantastic, and better yet the
missmindym
I'm really trying to save the PC $$ that I just earned for qualifying to buy some of the new product samples when those are available. In the meantime, I'm debating which of the more high $$ item to buy and how to do it.

I really really really want the DCB for myself and my family but I'm not real sure it will benefit my shows THAT much.

Also on this short list are the 12" executive skillet because I only have the 8" and it's not big enough to really do anything in.

And the Santuko because I only have the 5" utility and the boning knives.

What would you get first???

Just an idea...maybe hold an open house or a "fall reveal" show where people can come look at your products. Then put yourself down using the consultant as host option, and use some of the free product dollars to build your stock up. I did this and it really helped me. :)

As for the DCB and 12" skillet, I love them both and have used both at shows. I also use them both at home. I know that doesn't help much, but I guess I would look at those before the knife (I don't have the Santoku knife yet, and I've lived without it so far!). The 30-minute chicken is fantastic, and better yet the DCB can also be used for chicken breasts (10 minutes in the micro) that can be chopped up with the salad chopper and used for bbq chicken rings, chicken salads, etc. (jerk chicken nachos, chicken caesar salad pizza...I could go on and on). And the 12" skillet is great for power cooking shows, PLUS all of the yummy cakes you can make in it.
Good luck, whatever choices you make!

July is a great time to host a show!If you get to $500 you get $140 worth of stuff free for yourself, 2 half-price items, and 25% off the rest.You then make 20% at least on your guest orders!Host just a $150 catalog show in August and get yourself 3 knives for about $50.
Host just a $150 catalog show in September and get yourself cookware at 60% off!Don't feel like you NEED something to show...it is nice to have those things but build gradually! You can show other recipes in the meantime!

You'll be able to get the 5" Santoku with the samples, so wait on the knife. :)I love the DCB, and the 12" skillet is also a great pan for shows, especially if you want to talk about investment cooking. Plus, you can do skillet cakes and show that it's a versatile pan. (BTW, talk about the 12" skillet as the try me piece instead of the 8" saute. It's a more useful pan than the 8" for more households.)

sklay723 said:
Just an idea...maybe hold an open house or a "fall reveal" show where people can come look at your products. Then put yourself down using the consultant as host option, and use some of the free product dollars to build your stock up. I did this and it really helped me. :)

As for the DCB and 12" skillet, I love them both and have used both at shows. I also use them both at home. I know that doesn't help much, but I guess I would look at those before the knife (I don't have the Santoku knife yet, and I've lived without it so far!). The 30-minute chicken is fantastic, and better yet the DCB can also be used for chicken breasts (10 minutes in the micro) that can be chopped up with the salad chopper and used for bbq chicken rings, chicken salads, etc. (jerk chicken nachos, chicken caesar salad pizza...I could go on and on). And the 12" skillet is great for power cooking shows, PLUS all of the yummy cakes you can make in it.
Good luck, whatever choices you make!

I already have an open house planned on Sept 2, I'm not holding my breath too much on that since I'm on a military base and my first open house earlier this month didn't go real well. I don't know that many people here, although I'm getting better at meeting new people. I do plan on doing better advertising though.

I didn't know that you got free product if you did consultant as host?!? Is there some other benefit that you miss out on if you hold your own show? I'm just wondering because that's not how the person who recruited me told me to do it and I'm not sure why she would have told me to do it differently if the benefits are the same?

chefann said:
You'll be able to get the 5" Santoku with the samples, so wait on the knife. :)

I love the DCB, and the 12" skillet is also a great pan for shows, especially if you want to talk about investment cooking. Plus, you can do skillet cakes and show that it's a versatile pan. (BTW, talk about the 12" skillet as the try me piece instead of the 8" saute. It's a more useful pan than the 8" for more households.)

;) I've seen that on here, that's part of the reason I want the 12", that and the fact that I will definitely use the heck out of it to cook for my family. My kids are getting older and their portion sizes are starting to increase, and some of the smaller pans just don't cut it anymore, lol.

missmindym said:
I already have an open house planned on Sept 2, I'm not holding my breath too much on that since I'm on a military base and my first open house earlier this month didn't go real well. I don't know that many people here, although I'm getting better at meeting new people. I do plan on doing better advertising though.

I didn't know that you got free product if you did consultant as host?!? Is there some other benefit that you miss out on if you hold your own show? I'm just wondering because that's not how the person who recruited me told me to do it and I'm not sure why she would have told me to do it differently if the benefits are the same?

I think the only things that you can't do is a) receive commission on items you purchase as the host, and b) use the past host booking benefit for yourself if someone books off of YOUR show. Meaning if you host a show using the consultant as host option, and Guest A and Guest B book dates off your show...you won't be eligible to get the host special at their shows. Correct me if I'm wrong, everyone...is that correct?

That's right.
I do consultant as host catalog shows when I have several individual orders from customers. It allows them to get the special for the month, and then I use the FPV to get door prizes, etc.

I would get the DCB. It is SOOOO versatile. I'm doing chicken fajita shows in July and August and at my show on Friday sold TWO of them at full price. $65 is easier to swallow than $125+. Plus, it's a great piece to show/use for PC's fast and affordable meal ideas.

I have learned a lot over my 3 yrs. (1) I don't have to have everything to show that I thought I needed. Now when I make choices, I ask myself if I will use it at home, as well as showing it at my shows. I use the 12" skillet at least 2 to 3 times a week for just 2 of us. I love the DCB but it is more seasonal for me. It did get hostess' excited and willing to book the Fall it came out. My two favorite recipes with it are Cajun Pork Tenderloins in All the Best and Apple Bread Pudding from the SBCK.

Knowing that Sept. is Cookware month would place my vote for 12" skillet unless you will be hosting a party and can get it for 60% off versus using your PC dollars (FREE).

Grandmarita said:
I have learned a lot over my 3 yrs. (1) I don't have to have everything to show that I thought I needed. Now when I make choices, I ask myself if I will use it at home, as well as showing it at my shows. I use the 12" skillet at least 2 to 3 times a week for just 2 of us. I love the DCB but it is more seasonal for me. It did get hostess' excited and willing to book the Fall it came out. My two favorite recipes with it are Cajun Pork Tenderloins in All the Best and Apple Bread Pudding from the SBCK.

Knowing that Sept. is Cookware month would place my vote for 12" skillet unless you will be hosting a party and can get it for 60% off versus using your PC dollars (FREE).

Yum! I haven't had that since the recipe came out - it sounds so yummy and we have a meeting tomorrow (makes way too much for just me!) so I may have to go to the grocery store... thanks alot! :p

Hmmm...that's a hard one to answer!

I would say either the DCB or the 12" skillet...most people around here know that my 12" skillet is MY FAVORITE PC PIECE!! I talk about it as the try me piece too!!

At home, I use my skillet way more...
At shows, I use my DCB more...

I don't think you will go wrong with EITHER of them! Whatever one you end up getting...offer recipes that will showcase it!!

This is a tough one...I don't take the DCB to parties unless it is on special, but I take the 12" skillet every time and get mass bookings from it.
Truth is, I have never used the DCB:blushing:. But I LOVE to use the skillet. I have only used it at shows once or twice, but I always talk about it. I mostly do stoneware recipes.
Like everyone else said, you can get the knife through the samples, the skillet as a 60% off item from your show in September, and you could get the DCB through the promo in August & Sept.
Good luck with your decision!!

I use the DCB ALL THE TIME! It is my "go to" piece whenever I need a piece of stoneware I can put in the microwave.

I got that when stoneware was 60 percent off and the skillet with my PC dollars ... now that I have all this other new cookware, I don't need it so much.

If you can't see yourself using either all the time ... see if you can borrow from a cluster-mate.

My vote is to get the 12" Skillet in Sept. I use it constantly.

I like the DCB too - but don't use it as much. Also, most of my hosts have not has microwaves large enough for the DCB - so I am quite relieved I do not offer the 30-min chicken show.
It barely fits in mine and the turntable squeaks up a storm.

But I use the 12" skillet at shows for the Skillet cakes. Also, I offer no oven shows in the summer and I use the 12" Skillet for the Skillet Lasagna and Power Cooking!

Good Luck,

Related to Maximizing Your Budget: Choosing Between High-Cost Items for Your PC

1. What is the main difference between "Which Is More Important?" products?

The main difference between "Which Is More Important?" products is their primary function. Some products, such as knives or cookware, are essential for cooking and food preparation. Others, like serving platters or decorative items, are more for presentation and entertaining purposes.

2. How do I determine which product is more important for my needs?

When deciding which product is more important for your needs, consider your cooking and entertaining habits. If you frequently cook at home, investing in high-quality cooking essentials may be more important. If you often host dinner parties or events, decorative and serving items may take precedence.

3. Are there any versatile products that serve both cooking and entertaining purposes?

Yes, there are several versatile products from "Which Is More Important?" that can serve both cooking and entertaining purposes. For example, our stoneware can be used for cooking and serving, and our mix 'n chop can be used for both preparing ingredients and serving dishes.

4. How do I maintain the quality of "Which Is More Important?" products?

To maintain the quality of our products, we recommend following the care instructions provided with each item. Generally, hand washing with mild soap and warm water is recommended for most products, and avoiding harsh chemicals and abrasives is important to prolong their lifespan.

5. Can I return or exchange "Which Is More Important?" products if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee for all "Which Is More Important?" products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of purchase. Please refer to our return policy for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • s.cape
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies