• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Executive vs. Stainless: Choosing the Best Cookware for Your Kitchen

In summary, the person prefers the Executive because it is easier to clean. They also like the grill pan the most.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Okay I'm not sure which to get the stainless or the executive :) I will earn one of these by doing a show in sept and getting the set as a half price. I decided if I only need to get 300 in orders that I will earn the full set at half price instead of doing a smaller show and getting a partial set at 60%. I will use the sept special to get like the griddle or something. Which would you get and why? I really like the executive because it is so easy (no stick) but the stainless is dishwasher safe. Help me make my choice :) Also the executive is cheaper!

Its all a matter of preference. I like the executive because its easier to clean!

Oh and the grill pan is my favorite and most used pan, other then the saute pan!

vwpamperedchef said:
Its all a matter of preference. I like the executive because its easier to clean!

Ditto that! I LOVE my executive, have never used my two pieces of stainless but have EVERY piece of executive.

I also think it is a matter of preference. I prefer the Executive HANDS DOWN to the Stainless, dishwasher safe or not. I feel that the Executive is so easy to clean that you don't even need to wish it were dishwasher safe. I love the way it looks and how nice it is and my BF loves it so much that he got a 7pc set and bought his parents the entire 12pc Executive set for Christmas last year.
Good luck in your decision making!!

LOVE the executive skillet, and can't wait to get more. I earned the 8" saute stainless, and my DS made potstickers using oil, and it got too hot, and the entire pan turned gooey gross yellow. I eventually got it clean, but I can never bring it to a show, and have a hard time talking about it. I find myself showing off the inside measurements of the inside of the (borrowed) saucepan that I bring, but tell people that it is really a matter of preference.

Another vote for Executive.

I know there is a market for SS - but about 90% of my sales are for Executive - and EVERYONE wants the 12" Family Skillet!

Another vote for Executive here but also a slightly different way of looking at things... I am not the kind of person who does a lot of recipes that need frond or anything that is exclusive to stainless but I told my best customer that every body should have 1 piece of the "other". He is a stainless man, I told him he needs at least one piece of executive because there are some recipes you need to do easily non-stick. I must've said something right because he booked a show in September to get that one executive piece (he already has the entire set of our stainless).

It's a personal preference....for me I love the SS and only have a few pieces of the Executive to take to my shows. I don't generally use it at home.

It depends on what you are used to cooking with, what you learned to cook with, and how (and what) you cook. For most people, the ease of cleanup of the Executive is a big selling point.

Executive - Hands down.

I plan on getting pieces from both, I want the 10" SS that's now open stock and some of the executive pieces.

i think it is a matter of preference and what kind of cooking you do. i love the executive, but nonstick is non stick and when you are trying to make certain types of food, say something you sear the outside of and then want to make a pan sauce out the dripings and bits left in the bottom of the pan, well you would get better results from the stainless. course i have had this discussion with some ppl and they look at me like they didn't know it was possible to make home made pan sauces anymore. but like i said, personal pref. i think i would use the executive more, and am planning on doing the same as you in september. however i think i may get a peice of stainless so i can test it out for myself.

My hubby insisted that we get the stainless last year when I earned points for the Pan o rama. I'm still getting used to them but I like them. He sells them better than me! Every time I've had him at a show (usually an open house or kick off event) he has sold 1-2 sets! I does dislike cooking things like potstickers in it though, the oil does quickly get too hot (especially on electric cooktops). Lauri, try creating a paste out of bar keepers friend and a little water on your pan. You may need to let it sit on there for while before cleaning it off. I swear by that stuff, so far nothing that has "ruined" our pans has stood up to the Bar Keepers Friend. It makes them look brand new again. I used to give out a container of it to anyone that purchased a stainless set - but now we have the PC stuff (which I don't like as much) and so there's the dilemma. ;)

Executive, hands down.

I am a BIG fan of stainless ... I grew up with it and cannot fathom stirring my pots with anything but METAL!But PC does not have metal spoons ... and open stock availability on stainless is VERY LIMITED.So if you just want to get stuff to show off at shows, get the executive. If you have a preference for both, get one set of each.

I love stainless, but non-stick has it's ups too.
The grill pan is defintely awesome!

I totally agree that it is a personal preference, and dependent on how you cook, what you cook and what you are used to.
That being said, I prefer the Executive cookware and have just about every single piece. My favorites are the 12" covered skillet, the grill pan and the square griddle pan, but I love every piece of my executive set!!!

I like SS for my stockpots and saucepans (too bad those aren't open stock yet), but use executive for my skillets and plan to buy the grill pan.

I love my ss I earned for free. I find it cleans very well. I would have the grill pan if I bought something else. I use the 12" covered SS at my shows.

Another vote for executive!

I am curious to know the percentages of PC cookware sales, Executive vs. SS. I know when the SS came out, they gave us national cookware percentages - but I wonder if PC's are matching that.

After discussing the issue with a chef, he recommended SS because of the finish on the executive one. He stated that non-stick finish can release a chemical when it is scratch or heated that can be hazardous to ones health. He is under the impression that in a few years, you will no longer be able to get any non-stick finish on pots and pans.

Think about it!

Chef Gilles said:
After discussing the issue with a chef, he recommended SS because of the finish on the executive one. He stated that non-stick finish can release a chemical when it is scratch or heated that can be hazardous to ones health. He is under the impression that in a few years, you will no longer be able to get any non-stick finish on pots and pans.

Think about it!

That is not full or accurate info. Teflon is on it's way out, but that isn't what PC cookware uses.

I can't find my info about the whole non-stick controversy, because my computer crashed....but I'm sure someone else has it saved and can post it.

I have both, and I like the nonstick much better. The stainless is much more difficult to clean. But I use both. I don't have all the information, but the nonsitick uses autograph (not sure of the spelling) and it doesn't have the problems that Telfon does

1. What is the main difference between Executive and Stainless cookware?

The main difference between Executive and Stainless cookware is the material they are made from. Executive cookware is made from a heavy-duty aluminum material, while Stainless cookware is made from stainless steel. This difference in material affects the cooking performance and durability of the cookware.

2. Which type of cookware is better for high heat cooking?

Executive cookware is better for high heat cooking as it has a higher heat conductivity than Stainless cookware. This means it heats up faster and more evenly, making it ideal for searing and sautéing at high temperatures.

3. Can both Executive and Stainless cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, both Executive and Stainless cookware can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is important to note that Executive cookware may heat up faster on certain stovetops, so it is important to adjust the heat accordingly.

4. Which type of cookware is easier to clean?

Stainless cookware is generally easier to clean as it is non-porous and resists stains and discoloration. However, both Executive and Stainless cookware are dishwasher safe, making cleaning a breeze.

5. Is there a significant price difference between Executive and Stainless cookware?

Yes, there is a significant price difference between the two types of cookware. Executive cookware tends to be more expensive due to its high-quality material and construction. Stainless cookware, on the other hand, is more budget-friendly while still offering great performance and durability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • jessicafawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Poll
  • jss016
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views