• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Cookware Vs. Executive Cookware

In summary, a group of individuals discuss the different cookware sets they own, including the Wolfgang Puck stainless set and the Executive line. Some prefer the easy clean-up and versatility of the Executive set, while others still use and enjoy their stainless set for certain types of cooking. Overall, the consensus is that the Executive line is high quality and worth investing in.

Which cookware set do you prefer???

• TPC Stainless Cookware

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • TPC Executive Cookware

Votes: 48 90.6%

• Total voters
jessicafawn
Gold Member
Hello All... I'm going to be honest and admit that I don't have any of the pieces from either Cookware set... I have a Wolfgang Puck stainless set that I've had for years and my dh doesn't think spending the money on a new set is worth it.
I know I could find a good home for my current set and wanted to ask those of you that have either which one you would recommend? I haven't cooked on any form of non-stick in quite a while but have heard that ours is fabulous and know it has to be if it's from PC. Obviously with the Stainless there aren't as many options as there are with the Executive like the Square Griddle, Grill Pan, Double Burner Griddle, and Stir-Fry Skillet. I know I'd sell more if I had either one. :D

I look forward to hearing all of your opinions on the cookware and hope you all have a wonderful day...

I LOVE the Executive line. I love the easy clean up. I am always using the 12" skillet. ;)

I agree with Colleen - I love the executive line - I am a easy clean up no hassle type of person - so this line is amazing for me!!

I used a professional (restaurant grade) set of SS for years, and thought I would never be sold on Non-stick - until I met the Executive Cookware.I LOVE my Executive cookware, and can't imagine using anything else!BUT - you must have one piece....didn't you get the 8 inch saute pan in your starter kit?

If you prefer cooking on S/S, you'll love the PC pans. I had some of the Puck pans (didn't like them)....no comparison to PC. Ours are amazing.

That said, I'm just not a scrubbing kind of gal. DH and I primarily use the Executive Cookware. It's the best set of cookware I've had (and I've gone thru a few of the 'top' brands).

I have both and I love both. For most of my cooking I use my Exec; however, SS has it's place too. I only have the SS frying & Saute pans. They are excellent for searing meats!. I've made the Asian Stir-fry in both the SS and the non-stick and it was so much better made in the SS, it had much more flavor. They are not that hard to clean either - very much unlike the 70's era SS hand-me-downs that my mom gave me!

I prefer the Executive as I am a quickie cook - I only make quick, throw-it-together stuff. My DH is the serious cook of the household and he is crazy in love with both sets but uses the Stainless for most of his serious cooking.

I have both complete sets and I LOVE them both. I do have to say though that we use the executive much more often.

Get the 10 inch saute of both sets and use them both. Then decide on which you prefer for which uses.

You said you have a top quality stainless set so you probably only need one or two pieces of our stainless so you can show/talk about it at your shows so that will obviously help make your personal decision.

I like both, but prefer the Exec for everyday cooking. There are times when the Stainless is the appropriate pan. In fact, my 12 inch Stainless is currently in the sink b/c I made a chicken and mushrooms dish that just turns out better in stainless.

I would have said "none of the above" until I learned I could stir in non-stick using bamboo.I HATE stirring with flimsy nylon!I have 2 pieces of executive ... the saute pan that came with the kit, and the big monster skillet I got with PC dollars.I REALLY want to replace some of my pots with stainless, as I much prefer it for cooking pasta and soup and the like ... but I can't get it as open stock without buying a skillet, and I will not fry in stainless!I have cast iron that I use most of the time.

I have some pieces from each set, but have an expensive All-Clad set of stainless that I use more than anything- It cleans up nicely, and you just don't get a decent pan sauce from non-stick. I use non-stick for grilled cheese and pancakes, and french toast, and omletes- mostly on delicate food items, and my stainless I use for everything else! :) And, I am very impressed with the quality of our pans. I spent so much money on my All-Clad and find our stainless to be much better quality and at about half the price! :)

Shhh- don't tell All-Clad

I use my Exec. saute pan all the time!! :) I have tried the SS saute pan & at this point hate it BUT I think that's because I'm used to non-stick since I've used it for years. I'm looking forward to upgrading to ALL PC cookware! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
I used a professional (restaurant grade) set of SS for years, and thought I would never be sold on Non-stick - until I met the Executive Cookware.

I LOVE my Executive cookware, and can't imagine using anything else!

BUT - you must have one piece....didn't you get the 8 inch saute pan in your starter kit?
I should say I had one piece... I took it to a show and well... sad to say, I never got it back. :cry: Someone had sticky fingers and just walked away with it. It was right after I had started too so I never had the chance to use it. The host felt really bad but what was I going to do about it...??? I just keep a better track of everything when I do shows now... I plan on putting together a list of some kind of all the things I bring and it'll help me setup the show too... But haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for all of your responses... It'll be much easier to show my dh all the great input and maybe I'll get some new cookware :love:

Kitchen Diva said:
I have some pieces from each set, but have an expensive All-Clad set of stainless that I use more than anything- It cleans up nicely, and you just don't get a decent pan sauce from non-stick. I use non-stick for grilled cheese and pancakes, and french toast, and omletes- mostly on delicate food items, and my stainless I use for everything else! :) And, I am very impressed with the quality of our pans. I spent so much money on my All-Clad and find our stainless to be much better quality and at about half the price! :)

Shhh- don't tell All-Clad

I had a set of All-Clad stainless and I agree 100%. I sold my All-Clad on Craigslist. :)

My previous pans went into our camping kit when I replaced it with the Executive Cookware. I think I'm probably the only camper who travels with name brand pans in her camping kitchen. We camped last year with our neighbors and they said "Is that a Calphalon pan on your Coleman stove?!" Uh... yup.

Before PC I sold SS cookware with another company. It was awesome and you could cook a whole meal stacking the pans on one burner. BUT how often do I really need to do that? They where not broiler safe, but where oven safe to 400. The kicker was that it was soooo expensive and I couldn't say the cost with a straight face, even as a chef! It just seemed like a huge amount of money and it wasn't open stock! It was all or nothing! One of their selling points was that it was "heirloom quality". My thoughts where that I would still be paying for them when my kids got them as heirlooms! I love that PC offers the LW and the quality at a reasonable price open stock. So replace one piece at a time from both of the lines. I have some of both and love them! Before the new line came out I used the professional PC and loved them too! I like the stainless for broiling and I do broil often, and my mom bought the whole set of our SS because they are dishwasher safe. She hates to wash anything by hand! I don't know how she survived without dishwashers back in the day.... Love the Executive and have found that it isn't hard to clean up. Hey, and PC SS is heirloom quality too... not that I am wishing my mom any harm so I can get some cookware!

I LOVE my executive cookware. But I must admit, I only have the 8in saute pan in the SS. That I take to my shows as a show me piece.

I Love my executive set - I use it for practically EVERY meal. I must admit, I don't have any of our SS pieces.....I'm not a huge fan of cooking with SS.

PamperedDor said:
I agree with Colleen - I love the executive line - I am a easy clean up no hassle type of person - so this line is amazing for me!!

I have to agree w/you -- no hassle clean up!

Executive all the way!! I earned all of mine when if first came out.

My boyfriend and I don't live together yet and I earned the 7pc set last fall for him. He LOVES it too!!

I think SS has it place - for gravies and sauces. But for everyday use - we LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE our Executive (never cared for the Professional, personally, although my DH LOVES our Skillet). We have the 8 inch SS saute pan and I haven't even used it yet!!!!! Did I mention that I LOVE the Executive? :)

I use both...prefer SS for boiling foods (veggies, pasta). Already have a full set from another line, b4 PC started selling SS.

The Exec skillets are wonderful for 'my style' cooking. Have the 8" and 12", very versatile pans.

FWIW, I won't be adding more unless they go Open Stock on all items. Might buy the saucepan from Supply Order to take to shows.

My #1 favorite PC item is my Family Executive Skillet. If I could only own ONE PC item, that would be the one. Yep. Even trumps my stones...which is hard to do!

If I could only buy one piece, that would be the one...you can use it for skillet cakes and other recipes at shows, as well as at home!

I have the small saute pan in the SS, but I am just not a SS kindof person. Eventually, I would like to get the 12" SS for searing meats and such, but I just haven't done it yet.

What is the difference between Stainless Cookware and Executive Cookware?

Stainless Cookware is made from a combination of metals, typically including stainless steel, aluminum, and copper. It is known for its durability and resistance to rust and stains. On the other hand, Executive Cookware is made from a single layer of aluminum or copper, which allows for quicker and more even heating. It is also usually lighter in weight.

Which type of cookware is better for cooking at high temperatures?

Executive Cookware is better for cooking at high temperatures because the single layer of metal allows for faster heat transfer and more even cooking. Stainless Cookware may take longer to heat up and may have hot spots, making it less suitable for high-temperature cooking.

Is one type of cookware more expensive than the other?

Generally, Executive Cookware is more expensive than Stainless Cookware due to its higher-quality materials and construction. However, there are also high-end Stainless Cookware options that can be more expensive than lower-end Executive Cookware.

Which type of cookware is easier to clean?

Both Stainless Cookware and Executive Cookware are relatively easy to clean. Stainless Cookware may require a bit more scrubbing to remove tough stains, while Executive Cookware may need to be hand-washed to maintain its non-stick coating. Ultimately, the ease of cleaning will depend on the specific brand and model of cookware.

Can I use metal utensils with both types of cookware?

It is generally not recommended to use metal utensils with either type of cookware, as they can scratch and damage the surface. However, if you must use metal utensils, Stainless Cookware may hold up better due to its more durable construction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefani
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • JennyJennJen