• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Executive vs. Stainless: Pros and Cons for Choosing Cookware

In summary, the stainless steel set is easier to clean, has a lifetime warranty, and is aesthetically pleasing. The executive set is easier to cook with, but has the potential for someone to damage it. The mix and chop pan from another manufacturer is better for cooking spaghetti.
Symara
Gold Member
Which one do you have and what are the pros and cons of each one?

We are trying to decide which ones to use at home as a set, or if we should by a few pieces from each.

I know executive is easier to clean, but I love SS for my pots and pans. I love having the Executive skillet though--I view that as a must-have! :)

Okay, here's an example. When I made spaghetti last night, my husband raved about my spaghetti meat sauce. The difference with last night was that I cooked it in a SS pan. I usually do it in my exec. skillet and use the mix n chop. Well, when I cooked it in the SS pan with the Mix n Chop, the meat just crumbled so much easier, and for some reason the flavor was better. Same recipe and everything. Only thing different was the pan. I grew up with SS so I prefer it, plus the look of it. And even though it has a Lifetime warranty, the executive makes me nervous to have because I know someone is going to do something/use something wrong on it and ruin the nonstick and it won't be covered.

I love love love my stainless set. I use it for almost everything. I recently picked up the full Executive set, too, and am finding that I often grab those items in place of the stainess pieces. All told, I probably use them both equally.

One thing though: cooking eggs in the stainless is a disaster. I've never found the right ability to cook a fried egg/sunny-side-up egg in the stainless set without making a huge mess of the effort. For eggs, I only grab the Eecutive skillet.

I have a gorgeous HUGE pot rack in my kitchen, and the stainless set looks absolutely beautiful hanging from it. It's almost like a work of art. Silly, I know, but I love it.

Interesting example, Amanda. Maybe the sauce tasted better bec the SS browned it more? I'll have to try that.

I have the 7-piece Exec set, the grill pan/press, and the 10" SS skillet. I also have a SS pan from another mfg that I haven't used in years. I love the Exec as it is easy to clean up, but I would like to use the SS more. I guess it depends on what you're cooking too.

I have the executive and I love it, I did have the professional and moved that out to my camper and got the executive for the house I love how they have non-stick coating on the inside and outside. I have sold both and I have people saying how the love SS over the executive but to me when the bottom of the SS gets all blued to me it just looks dirty and so that is why I don't like them but my customers say good things about both of them and have had happy repreat customers.

I really depends on you, what you cook and how you cook. I have the large family 12 in exec skillet, and use that often at my shows. At home, I rarely use it and go with the large SS. I do love the exec grill pan. My opinion is that most people should go with a combination. I wish we had more open stock SS, but that will come someday.

And, yes, I do eggs in my SS. If anyone wants a quick lesson, just stop in for breakfast!

Stainless steel all the way! I do, however, have one executive 10" skillet (along with the 8" that came with my consultant's kit) that I use solely for eggs. However, I am not entirely convinced that non-stick cookware is safe for everyday use because of the fumes emitted by the non-stick coating. If it can kill birds, I'd rather not use it in my kitchen.... But, I am definitely loving my stainless set!

Executive Cookware. Easy to use, easy to clean, and never any issues with anything sticking.

I don't have time to mess with babying SS cookware. I used a professional grade SS set for years before getting the Executive Cookware, and I cannot believe the difference in how much easier it is for just about everything!

PamperChefCarol said:
And, yes, I do eggs in my SS. If anyone wants a quick lesson, just stop in for breakfast!
Then PLEASE share with me your secrets to cooking up a perfect egg in the stainless steel cookware. Although my dog loves my mistakes, my son isn't as forgiving of my egg flops as he should be. I'd love to be able to make a decent egg for him.

I have a love the Executive cookware. I have had two customers that bought the Stainless cookware from me and they have both complained that they are too hard to clean.

What is the difference between Executive and Stainless cookware?

The main difference between Executive and Stainless cookware is the material they are made of. Executive cookware is made of a durable, non-porous material called alumina, while Stainless cookware is made of stainless steel. Executive cookware is also known for its unique non-stick coating, which allows for easier cooking and cleaning.

Which type of cookware is better for everyday use?

Both Executive and Stainless cookware are great for everyday use. However, if you are looking for a non-stick option, Executive cookware may be the better choice. Stainless cookware is more durable and can withstand higher heat, making it great for searing and browning.

Do both types of cookware work on all stovetops?

Yes, both Executive and Stainless cookware are compatible with all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction stovetops.

Is Executive cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, Executive cookware is safe to be washed in the dishwasher. However, hand-washing is recommended to prolong the life of the non-stick coating.

Which type of cookware is more affordable?

The price of Executive and Stainless cookware varies depending on the specific product and set. Generally, Stainless cookware tends to be more affordable than Executive cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Toni Monsen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nikiknits