1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Virtual Parties - Group vs. Event - Pros & Cons?

1. Seems to be a mix of which to do. What are your pros & cons for each?

Aug 9, 2016
  2. JennyJennJen

JennyJennJen Member Gold Member

Groups are nice for the consultant because guests get notified about all posts until a guest turns the notifications off, the downfall is that the host has to hand type in all the invites, she can't see all her friends and click from the list to invite.

Events are good only for people to check their events. The guests have to constantly check the events or turn on notifications. The host can easily invite people though.

Aug 15, 2016
  3. Denise K

Denise K Novice Member

I am in the last few days of my first Virtual Party set up as an event. A downside that I discovered to setting it up as an event is that I needed to adjust the party dates for the host, but since the event already started, Facebook wouldn't let me adjust it. I also find that sometimes if I need to go back and adjust a post I've made, the change doesn't get saved. Haven't used groups for a Virtual Party yet, so I can't speak one way or the other about that.

Aug 16, 2016
  4. We’ve spent (I hate to think how much) on videoconferencing units in our company to try to cut travel times to meetings.
    Sounds great in theory, but the technology never works when we need it to!

Sep 5, 2016
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I've done both. In my experience events have had more interaction and more sales. I will also point out that many of us dislike being added to a group without our permission. If your host does that (you cannot control your host), it can backfire. People assume you're the one who did it.

That's my opinion, which is worth what you've paid for it. ;)

Sep 7, 2016
    Roadtripray likes this.
Have something to add?