• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Days a Week Do You Work Out?

In summary, Becky works out at least 5 times a week. She tries to vary her workouts so her body doesn't get stuck in a plateau rut.
DebPC
Staff member
When my new consultants first sign on I let them know we'll be talkingWhen my new consultants first sign on I let them know we'll be talking and emailing alot in the beginning. Often when you ask them, "How are things going?" They'll answer fine, even if things aren't so good. So I try and ask questions that require more then a one word answer- like. "What went well for you last week, at your show, at a relatives get together?" I also will ask them where do they think they could use some help or what didn't go so well?
I find with constant communication you can shorten any down turns and maximize their successes.

That is a great advise and a nice way to get more than a one word answer. Thanks

That's great advice. I found myself asking just that (How are things going?) and getting the same results so now I do try to ask "What did you feel was the best part of the show?" and things like that.

I found this to be so true. I always try and ask a question they can't answer with one word.

How many days a week do you work out? I try to get to the gym atleast twice a week, but hopefully three times. :)

I work out at least 5 times a week now -- three at curves, two at physical therapy and on the off days I walk.

I just got a bicycle & will be riding that at least every other day. I'm taking it easy as far as distance b/c I haven't done anything in 3 years! I will also be towing my two kids, so I'll be pulling some weight.

I've been pretty good so far & I feel good.

I'm down to one day a week. Sometimes it is two.

I work out 5 days a week mon wed fri I do 1 hr of the Firm workout tues and wed I do 40 mins of the Firm. I also walk my son to school when its not cold which is 1 mile each way.

I exercise every day. I run at least twice a week about 3-4 miles. I do Pilates with weights about two times a week for 50 minutes. I bike ride with a friend for about 45-60 minutes once a week. And I walk the other days. Sometimes on Sundays I do Pilates in the morning and always walk in the afternoon unless it's raining.

I try to do 4x a week but sometimes 3 if I am feeling lazy. 1 day cardio and machines, 1day cardio with FREE weights group class, 1 day pilates class and 1 day walking. I try to vary my workout so my body doesn't get stuck in a plateau rut.

I generally work out 4x/week - go to Curves 2-3 times, power ball yoga one hour a week, and an abs class for 1/2 hour once a week. I'm trying to stay in shape while I'm relatively young! (all of 39:)

none :)

I think about it every day. does that count??:angel:

reba515 said:

I wish;)

I'm happy to say that I get on the treadmill 4-5 days a week! It's a new habit for me and what's nice is now when I don't do it, it really motivates me to do it the next day. I do WW too and I'm actually back on track. I've lost 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks. Next weigh in is in 2 days.:)

pamperedbecky said:
I'm happy to say that I get on the treadmill 4-5 days a week! It's a new habit for me and what's nice is now when I don't do it, it really motivates me to do it the next day. I do WW too and I'm actually back on track. I've lost 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks. Next weigh in is in 2 days.:)

Good for you Becky! That's great, keep it up!
I wish I had my eliptical trainer, it broke so now I don't have anything to fall back on when I don't get to the gym:(.

Attachments

• July 2007 Cluster News.doc
    41.2 KB · Views: 247
    41.2 KB · Views: 214
    41.2 KB · Views: 225
I try to exercise every day, but I miss a day here and there (mostly weekends). I like to switch it up so I don't get bored - run 4 miles (I have a bad left knee that I keep meaning to get checked out but don't really want to know what the problem is, so if the knee's bothering me I do a brisk walk). I also like to do pilates, Tae Bo, aerobics and light weights. I really just try to incorporate exercise as part of my every day routine (like brushing my teeth, putting in my contacts, etc) so that it IS my life, not a temporary phase, which I've done in the past. I seem to do well for a couple years, then quit for a year, start back up, etc.

By the way, Becky, congratulations on your 5 pounds. Did you get a star?

3-4 times a week...I try to at least 4

DianeVill said:
Tae Bo, aerobics and light weights.
By the way, Becky, congratulations on your 5 pounds. Did you get a star?

OOOH, I should try Tae Bo again. I have those tapes packed away somewhere from over 5 years ago.

You know I've lost track of those 5 pound stars because I"ve been going for SOOO DANG LONG!!! But, thanks! Unfortunately today was an "up" day but it's probably mostly because I had to make the switch from wearing shorts to my weigh-in to pants. :( I attribute that to having to wear pants now that it's cool out here in Chicagoland. But, I probably could have done better this week!!!

2-3 times a week

2-3 days a week. I am trying for daily, but I just don't have the energy and my motivation sucks.

I'm doing 3 times a week with this Curves promotion I'm volunteering for. Before that... not enough times a week, I know that! My friend used to come over once a week to do kettlebells with us and we'd do it on our own at least 3 more times a week... or we'd hit the track... but that's waned as well.

reba515 said:

LOL!!! Me too!!!:icecream:

I lugged in 280lbs of wood pellets from the garage to the basement. Does that count for a workout? LOL..

Related to How Many Days a Week Do You Work Out?

1. How many days a week should I work out?

The recommended amount of days to work out is at least 3-4 days a week. This allows for your body to have enough rest and recovery time in between workouts.

2. Is it okay to work out every day?

It is generally not recommended to work out every day as your body needs time to recover and repair itself. It is important to listen to your body and take rest days when needed.

3. How long should my workouts be?

The duration of your workouts depends on your fitness goals and current fitness level. Generally, it is recommended to aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate to intense exercise per day.

4. Can I split up my workouts throughout the day?

Yes, you can split up your workouts throughout the day if it fits your schedule better. Just make sure to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.

5. What types of workouts should I do each week?

It is important to have a mix of cardiovascular, strength training, and flexibility exercises in your weekly workout routine. This will help to improve overall fitness and prevent boredom or overuse injuries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • jj16