• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Step up to Director: 6-Week Training by Nancy Jo Ryan for Future Leaders

In summary, the class is offered to people who are in Nancy Jo's downlines--either as a first, second, or third line. The training will be a series of phone conference calls during the months of October and November. Requirements to participate are that you have shows scheduled in October and November and that you commit to all six calls.
Koolotus
Okay, I just got invited to join a 6 week class held by Nancy Jo Ryan called Step Up To Director
Here's what it said:
Nancy Jo has scheduled three training opportunities that will be open to her first, second and third lines. This is only being made available to the downlines of Nancy Jo’s Directors, Advanced Directors and Senior Directors. The training will be a series of phone conference calls during the months of October and November.

STEP UP TO DIRECTOR
Anyone who is interested in learning the skills necessary to begin building a team can participate in this program, which means consultants and future directors may sign up for this training.

Requirements: Consultants need to have 4-6 shows/month on their calendars for October and November in order to participate. They must also make a commitment to participate on all six phone calls

So what I wanted to know was. Has any cheffer done this and can you share what I can expect.
Thanks for any info that will hopefully let me decide.

I know KathyTNT is participating in this with you, but I don't know anyone who has done it already.

Gillian you are quick!
Were you reading over my shoulder? :D

I have nothing better to do :(

Go, go, go, go. 'Nuff said.First of all, I'm a big fan of training (okay, I'm a trainer by trade) and you cannot unlearn anything. Second, you'll learn the way to blend recruiting and selling. Third, you should be inspired to increase sales AND recruit.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
First of all, I'm a big fan of training (okay, I'm a trainer by trade) ...

Didn't know that! I actually have had 2 people tell me in the last month I should consider becoming a trainer for my day job. Any advice on how to break in? I'm always the one conducting trainings at my office, and I did even teach college for 2 semesters.

You're in. In fact, being asked is about the only way it happens these days.I'm a Certified Technical Trainer, specializing in high-level desktop publishing solutions for technical writers and formatters. After 911, it was like someone pulled a plug and there is very little of it anymore. It seems like the ratio of trainers to open training jobs is 15-1.

Well sure...except the 2 ppl that told me don't have any jobs for me, LOL. One was my aunt...she owns a real estate franchise and said when her business gets bigger, she would definitely offer me a team leader role, which is basically training & development.

The other is at a large insurance company, and he works in HR. Again, no job at his company, but he mentioned my skills & training (master's in public relations) would go a long way and suggested I see what's out there at other companies.

I guess it's a start!

I did the Step up to Director program beginning of this year. Obviously it worked! You have to commit yourself to do the things they tell you to do, or at least try to come out of your comfort zone and try them.

Most of the things I heard I had already known, but hearing it in a different light since I was focused this time on promoting. Previously it was all pipe dreams and no foundation.

I agree with KG--take as much training as you can. You can always learn, and when you have a team you'll know how to help them!

If you have a Master's in PR, don't waste your time in training. There just isn't that much money in it. I'm making twice what I made as a trainer and, other than the goofy travel schedule, I'm working no where near as hard.

ange13 said:
I did the Step up to Director program beginning of this year. Obviously it worked! You have to commit yourself to do the things they tell you to do, or at least try to come out of your comfort zone and try them.

Most of the things I heard I had already known, but hearing it in a different light since I was focused this time on promoting. Previously it was all pipe dreams and no foundation.

I agree with KG--take as much training as you can. You can always learn, and when you have a team you'll know how to help them!
Every time I take a training class, whether it's SUTD or a tele-class, I hear things I already know.

Except we all need a reminder once and awhile - like I should put a big sign up over my desk that say, "HAVE YOU REVIEWED YOUR GOALS LATELY?"

The last goal on my whiteboard is (I'm ashamed to admit) my sales goal for April. (Gimme a break - that's when I got my new other job and I've been on the road ever since.)

lisacb77 said:
Well sure...except the 2 ppl that told me don't have any jobs for me, LOL. One was my aunt...she owns a real estate franchise and said when her business gets bigger, she would definitely offer me a team leader role, which is basically training & development.

The other is at a large insurance company, and he works in HR. Again, no job at his company, but he mentioned my skills & training (master's in public relations) would go a long way and suggested I see what's out there at other companies.

I guess it's a start!

Here's the skinny on Certified Technical Trainer status.

Here's a great source for training materials. Bob Pike is sort of the guru of trainers. If you're interested in Bob Pike's book, let me know. You can borrow mine before you spend any money for your own copy.

Bob Pike Group

You are always a wealth of knowledge, KG!!

gilliandanielle said:
You are always a wealth of knowledge, KG!!
Unfotunately, without much knowledge of wealth. :(

I am going to do the class, just waiting to hear back on the details.
Thank you Ange for showing me it's NOT just all pipe dreams. I am working hard on my cooking show schedual and I always play the ticket game to get people thinking, so that is how I have gotten my recruits. Watching for the interested ones and asking.
I also tech an eBay beginners class and I am a business consultant (HA! That's hysterical whenever I think about it!) for small businesses, so I really don't have a comfort zone :)
I am just looking to see how and what steps other successful PC people have taken.
I am very excited about the class and will keep ya all posted!
Thank You!
Congrats ANGE! Less than a year after the class and you are a director.
Awesome!

I went to a seminar for FDs and Dir and above that Nancy Jo gave in Illinois last month....OMG!! She is so amazing! We had a great day and the knowledge that I carried out of there was amazing!

YOU HAVE TO GO!

I'm in! Just got an invitation through my Senior Director. Yes, I'm a week behind but the class was taped and I'll be listening tonight or tomorrow (free nights and weekends :))

What is "Step up to Director: 6-Week Training by Nancy Jo Ryan for Future Leaders"?

"Step up to Director: 6-Week Training by Nancy Jo Ryan for Future Leaders" is a training program specifically designed for future leaders at Pampered Chef. It is a 6-week course that focuses on developing the skills and knowledge necessary to become a successful Director at Pampered Chef.

Who is Nancy Jo Ryan?

Nancy Jo Ryan is a highly respected and experienced leader in the direct sales industry. She has over 25 years of experience and has helped countless individuals achieve success as leaders in their companies. She is also a Pampered Chef National Executive Director and has a deep understanding of the company's culture and values.

What can I expect to learn from this training program?

Through this training program, you will learn essential skills such as leadership, team building, communication, and goal setting. You will also gain a better understanding of Pampered Chef's business model and how to effectively lead a team within the company. Additionally, you will have access to valuable resources and support from Nancy Jo Ryan and other Pampered Chef leaders.

Is this training program only for those who want to become Directors?

No, this training program is open to anyone who is interested in developing their leadership skills, regardless of their current position at Pampered Chef. Whether you aspire to become a Director or simply want to enhance your leadership abilities, this program is suitable for you.

How do I enroll in "Step up to Director: 6-Week Training by Nancy Jo Ryan for Future Leaders"?

You can enroll in the training program by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or reaching out to your regional director. They will provide you with more information about the program and guide you through the enrollment process. You can also visit the Pampered Chef website for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heat123
  • mhrivera