• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Does it Take to Cook a 2 Pound Pork Loin in the Microwave?

In summary, the cooking time for BBQ pork loin in the microwave can vary but is generally recommended as 6-8 minutes per pound of meat, reaching an internal temperature of at least 145°F. Any type of BBQ sauce can be used, and it is important to fully coat the pork loin before microwaving. It is also recommended to cover the pork loin while microwaving and add additional seasonings such as garlic powder or paprika before microwaving. Leftover BBQ pork loin can be used for delicious sandwiches with additional BBQ sauce or toppings.
Jenni
I made it yesterday and it was wonderful. My family loved it... I have a show coming up and was wondering if anyone has done a 2 pound pork, and if so how long did it take to cook??? My one pounder took 8 minutes....

In my microwave (1100 watts) it takes about 15 minutes for a 2 lb pork. Good luck!

I have been making them left and right and in my microwave it takes about 12-13 tops to do a 2 lb tenderloin and then I let it rest with the cover still on for about 10 minutes before carving----yummy!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know how long/what temperature to bake pork tenderloin in oven???
Help!

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that your family loved the dish you made yesterday. As for cooking a 2 pound pork, I have done it before and it usually takes about 12-15 minutes per pound. So for a 2 pound pork, I would recommend cooking it for 24-30 minutes. However, cooking times may vary depending on your specific oven and the thickness of the pork. It's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the pork is cooked to the correct internal temperature. Best of luck with your upcoming show!

Related to How Long Does it Take to Cook a 2 Pound Pork Loin in the Microwave?

What is the cooking time for BBQ pork loin in the microwave?

The cooking time for BBQ pork loin in the microwave can vary depending on the size and thickness of the pork loin. As a general rule, it is recommended to microwave for 6-8 minutes per pound of meat. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches at least 145°F.

Can I use any type of BBQ sauce for the pork loin?

Yes, you can use any type of BBQ sauce for the pork loin. You can choose your favorite flavor or try a new one for a different taste. Just make sure to fully coat the pork loin with the sauce before microwaving.

Do I need to cover the pork loin while microwaving?

It is recommended to cover the pork loin while microwaving to prevent splattering and to keep the moisture in. You can use a microwave-safe lid or cover the dish with microwave-safe plastic wrap.

Can I add any additional seasonings to the pork loin?

Yes, you can add additional seasonings to the pork loin before microwaving. Some popular options include garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or a BBQ rub. Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the pork loin before adding the BBQ sauce.

Can I use the leftover BBQ pork loin for sandwiches?

Absolutely! Leftover BBQ pork loin makes delicious sandwiches. Simply slice the pork loin and place it on your favorite bread or bun. You can also add additional BBQ sauce or your favorite toppings for extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
emo812
  • iteachncook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
  • jkowalski