• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master Your Meal Prep with These Must-Know Tips for Tomorrow's Show!

In summary, Jenni explained that on the 10 minute pork loin, it should work out if there is not a turn table in the microwave, and that if you put it in tonight it should be fine for tomorrow. She also said that the chillzane veggie platter can stay cold for up to 4 hours and the strawberry cream trifle can have lemon juice in it without curtailing in milk products. Lastly, Jenni said that for #3 she doesn't know the answer but she will post how her lighter version turns out.
Jenni
#1) On the 10 minute pork loin, is it going to work out if there is not turn table in the microwave? Has anyone ever done it without one?

#2) How long does the chillzane veggie platter stay cold? How long does it need to go into freezer?

#3) In the Strawberry cream trifle you put lemon juice into the yogurt. I was always under the impression that lemon curtailed in milk products. Am I wrong?

I think that turned in to 5?s LOL Thanks for you help.... It's my 5th cooking show and I am more nervous then I was at my first. It's my coworkers and I hope everything goes smooth.

Jenni said:
#1) On the 10 minute pork loin, is it going to work out if there is not turn table in the microwave? Has anyone ever done it without one?

#2) How long does the chillzane veggie platter stay cold? How long does it need to go into freezer?

#3) In the Strawberry cream trifle you put lemon juice into the yogurt. I was always under the impression that lemon curtailed in milk products. Am I wrong?

I think that turned in to 5?s LOL Thanks for you help.... It's my 5th cooking show and I am more nervous then I was at my first. It's my coworkers and I hope everything goes smooth.

Okay to answer ? #1, I don't know the answer to it.

#2, In florida, it can stay cold for up to 4 hours and I ALWAYS have mine in my freezer. I would say if you put it in tonight it should be fine for tomorrow!

#3, I don't know that answer either! Sorry! I hope I helped a teeny bit!:eek:

PampMomof3 said:
Okay to answer ? #1, I don't know the answer to it.

#2, In florida, it can stay cold for up to 4 hours and I ALWAYS have mine in my freezer. I would say if you put it in tonight it should be fine for tomorrow!

#3, I don't know that answer either! Sorry! I hope I helped a teeny bit!:eek:

Thanks for responding.... that helps ;)

My micro doesn't have a turntable, so at 5 minutes I turn it.Put your chillzane in the freezer tonight and take it out just before you leave the house (put a note for yourself so you don't forget it, I've done that).Don't know your answer to #3.

Hi Jenni! For #1 I have made the pork tenderloin in my microwave without a turn table and it has come out fine. Mine is 20 years old (micro...not pork):) and it only takes 8 minutes. If you have the pocket thermometer you can check it for doneness.

I would be interested in #3 since I'm planning on making this for my Cluster Meeting on Monday.

Good luck with your show! Have fun!:balloon: And welcome to the world of Pampered Chef!:chef:

I love Chef Success... thanks :)

1- Turn it once, it should be fine

2- I was always told if you freeze it for 4 hours it stays cold for 6-8 hours. That's coming from my upline, not anything actually documented, but I always leave mine in the freezer also.

3- Last year I made the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle and always LOVED it. I have made the Strawberry one too and it's great. I've never had any problems with the lemon/cool whip mixture.

Jenni said:
I made this today for the first time, and it was delicious! The lemon didn't cause a problem at all in the dairy mixture.

I guess I am going with it then... They all do weight watchers and so do I, I got the recipe down from 6 to 3 points.. changing out some items to lighter items.
Thanks, I will post how my lighter version turns out!

I made the Strawberry Cream Trifle and had no problems with the lemon and dairy.

It is one of my huband's favorite PC desserts.

Trust the test kitchen -- try it according to recipe.

pamperedposey said:
3- Last year I made the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle and always LOVED it. I have made the Strawberry one too and it's great. I've never had any problems with the lemon/cool whip mixture.
Cool Whip isn't dairy, so lemon would have no affect.

Generally, lemon juice does curdle dairy, but it depends on the amount and the type of dairy. Yogurt is essentially curdled already, from the action of the (beneficial) bacteria that turn milk into yogurt.

I've made the Strawberry Cream Trifle multiple times--the lemon juice adds flavor and does not curdle the other itemsI've also done the pork in a micro without a turntable and never had a problem. The Chillzanne platter stays cold for a pretty long time as long as it's in the shade.

Thanks everyone my light version was a hit with my weight watcher friends!

1. What are the benefits of meal prep?

Meal prep can save you time and money by allowing you to plan and prepare meals in advance. It can also help you make healthier food choices and reduce stress during busy weekdays.

2. How do I get started with meal prep?

Start by making a meal plan for the week and creating a grocery list. Then, set aside a designated time to prep and cook your meals. Invest in quality storage containers and follow food safety guidelines when storing your prepped meals.

3. Can I meal prep for just one person?

Absolutely! Meal prep can be tailored to any household size. You can adjust serving sizes and recipes to fit your needs, or even try freezer meal prep for single servings.

4. How long can I store prepped meals?

Cooked meals can typically be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. For longer storage, consider freezing your meals in airtight containers or freezer bags.

5. Can I meal prep with dietary restrictions or preferences?

Yes, meal prep can easily accommodate various dietary needs and preferences. There are plenty of recipes and resources available for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and other special diets. Just make sure to read ingredient labels and substitute as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies