• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pork Tenderloin in Dcb in Microwave

I would expect it to fall apart with a fork if cooked slowly. I have done 1 and 1 1/2 lb tenderloins, and they have come out very tender, but not falling part like a pot roast.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
Okay for the 2nd time we have done this and both times, it has taken 30-40 minutes to be tender enough to eat. I used a pork roast this time which I can understand would make some difference...but 10 minutes it is not. It also won't "pull apart with the Hold N Slice and a fork"! I used the recipe in the 29 Minutes Volume 2 and cooked just as it said. None of the other recipes have this problem so it isn't the microwave! It is tender after all that time but not "crockpot tender" as I expect...

pcchefjane said:
Okay for the 2nd time we have done this and both times, it has taken 30-40 minutes to be tender enough to eat. I used a pork roast this time which I can understand would make some difference...but 10 minutes it is not. It also won't "pull apart with the Hold N Slice and a fork"! I used the recipe in the 29 Minutes Volume 2 and cooked just as it said. None of the other recipes have this problem so it isn't the microwave! It is tender after all that time but not "crockpot tender" as I expect...

What is the weight of the roast? And the tenderloin weight? Tenderloins are usually 1 pound to sometimes 1 1/2 pounds. My rule of thumb is 10 minutes per pound. I have found that when it's taking longer, it's the weight of the meat. When I do part of a pork loin vs. the pork tenderloin, it always takes longer unless I cut the loin in 1/2 lengthwise. Tell us every detail you can so we can compare what we do with you and see if we can figure it out. How long does it take to cook 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the DCB in your microwave?

You need to use a TENDERLOIN. There is a big difference in the cuts.

We used 2-1 pound tenderloins the first time and it did the same way. It takes 20 minutes in the same microwave for 2-1/2 pounds of chicken breasts or tenders if thawed...25 if frozen. Just don't get why the pork isn't working!

I agree with the weight and cut of pork. (Though, I always do mine for 12 minutes and then make sure to keep it covered for another 10).

I'm looking for a 'step-by-step' run down of how to make this for a show and which products to use. I make it all the time for my family, but I'm doing a show this weekend and I want to maximize the product usage.

Does anyone know if there's a step-by-step, product-by-product recipe for this, like there is for the New Consultant Recipes?

So when you did the two 1 pound tenderloins, did you do them both at the same time? I do this for my family because one isn't enough and I have to do a minimum of 18 min. and my microwave is 1275 watts. If I do just one, then the 10 min is plenty.

Yes both at the same time and it took 30 minutes then too...and still no "fall apart with fork" thing! Maybe it is the cut of meat! Have no clue!

pcchefjane said:
Yes both at the same time and it took 30 minutes then too...and still no "fall apart with fork" thing! Maybe it is the cut of meat! Have no clue!

That is too strange. You are removing the silver skin before rubbing and cooking right?

pcchefjane said:
Maybe it is the cut of meat! Have no clue!

Yes, it is. Pork TENDERloin is very different from Pork Loin or Pork Roast.

ShesPamperedWright said:
I agree with the weight and cut of pork. (Though, I always do mine for 12 minutes and then make sure to keep it covered for another 10).

I'm looking for a 'step-by-step' run down of how to make this for a show and which products to use. I make it all the time for my family, but I'm doing a show this weekend and I want to maximize the product usage.

Does anyone know if there's a step-by-step, product-by-product recipe for this, like there is for the New Consultant Recipes?

Yes...go on CC & watch Karen & Lisas video on it. They show step by step....HTH

DebbieJ said:
Yes, it is. Pork TENDERloin is very different from Pork Loin or Pork Roast.

SHe says she used two 1-pound tenderloins!

My only other comment is that I would not expect it to "fall apart with a fork" without true slow cooking. I have done 1 and 1 1/2 lb tenderloins, and they have come out very tender, but not falling part like a pot roast.

I wonder if your expectations are just a bit off...

Chicken comes out pretty much shreddable however you cook it, but beef and pork can be roasted and cooked so that they are tender but not "falling apart". I love to roast pork loins and tenderloins in the oven, and they come out juicy and tender, but not falling apart. I think this is what the DCB in the microwave will achieve. However, throw some pork or a pot roast in a crock pot for 6 hours and it falls apart. My guess is that for those types of meat it just takes that amount of time at a low heat to get to that "falling off the bone" stage, and a microwave just won't do it because it cooks so much faster...

Just my guess...

I agree with Annie. The tenderloins come out tender and juicy, but will become tough if overcooked. My micro is 1000w, and it takes about 21m to cook two of them (1lb each) together. It's about 12m per pound in my micro. According to the test kitchens, 10m is medium well :yuck: . I add the additional 2m because I like mine cooked through. You have to also be sure they are not touching because they will be undercooked where they meet.

HTH

What is the recommended cooking time for Pork Tenderloin in Dcb in Microwave?

The recommended cooking time for Pork Tenderloin in Dcb in Microwave is 12-15 minutes on high power.

Do I need to preheat the Dcb before cooking Pork Tenderloin in Microwave?

No, the Dcb does not need to be preheated. Simply place the Pork Tenderloin in the Dcb and cook according to the recipe.

Can I add vegetables to the Pork Tenderloin when cooking in the Dcb?

Yes, vegetables can be added to the Dcb with the Pork Tenderloin for a complete meal. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into small, even pieces and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I use the Dcb to cook frozen Pork Tenderloin?

Yes, you can use the Dcb to cook frozen Pork Tenderloin. Just increase the cooking time by 5-7 minutes to ensure it is fully cooked.

What is the best way to check if the Pork Tenderloin is fully cooked in the Dcb?

The best way to check if the Pork Tenderloin is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 145°F (63°C) for medium rare, or 160°F (71°C) for medium. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also check by slicing into the thickest part of the tenderloin and making sure there is no pink remaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
emo812
  • ChefPaulaB