• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Before They Suggest It Here?

In summary, Santa is encouraged to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" because "Ho! Ho! Ho!" is considered offensive to women.
Shopkeepers everywhere are habitual offenders!

The most recent entry in the Discworld series of books includes the president of the Merchants' Guild, who is a greengrocer. The author purposely sprinkles his speech with random apostrophes, as if people can hear them. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
my misuse of ellipsis drives my DH crazy.......as do my long pauses in conversation!
A bear walks into a bar. The bear says, "I'll have...a beer."The bartender says, "Why the big pause?"

Last edited:
That one made me groan out loud, KG. It's just bad.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Why the long face?"John Kerry walks into the same bar. The bartender says, "Why the long face?"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A bear walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll have...a beer."

The bartender says, "Why the big pause?"

Wait - who asks for a beer? The bear, or the bartender?

Because I'm not getting it, if it's the bartender..........

It's a roll your own joke.Alright alright alright, I fixed it.Did you hear about the dyslexic guy who walked into a bra?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's a roll your own joke.

Alright alright alright, I fixed it.

Did you hear about the dyslexic guy who walked into a bra?

Okay, then I did get it!:D But then I thought you might be messing with mind (not hard to do!) and there was something in the joke I was missing...

...and you know when you have to think that hard..., ...it's just no fun anymore!

It's a lot harder for some of us around here than it is for others of us.

A man walks into a bar and says, "Ouch."===A bartender walks into a bar and asks, "What'll I have?"===A skeleton walks into a bar and asks for a beer and a mop.===A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender asks, "Is this some kind of joke?"

A grasshopper walks into a bar. The bartender says, "HEY! We've got a drink named after you!""Really?" the grasshopper says. "You have a drink named Steve?"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Are you trying to suggest that someone might hijack a thread around here? :eek:

I don't think anyone was trying... or suggesting... ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
That one bugs me too - but what really drives me nuts is the misuse of words that are similar in spelling, and have the same/similar pronunciation. For instance - to, two, and too......there, their, and they're.........accept, and except........

Well, weather or not that's correct (heheheh... sorry couldn't resist... DH actually does this one and it drives me BONKERS! - I know... short drive).

My worse peeve... fav peeve, however one references their ultimate peeve...

Irregardless

*shudder*
I had a boss that used it to emphasis her status. It was like fingernails on a chalkboard to my brain.

What I want to know is who is this Simon, and why do we have to do what he says?

ChefBeckyD said:
That one bugs me too - but what really drives me nuts is the misuse of words that are similar in spelling, and have the same/similar pronunciation. For instance - to, two, and too......there, their, and they're.........accept, and except........
Unless they're someone like me. Like when I write about seafood, I misuse homonyms on porpoise.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
ETA - I also hate when people misuse an ellipsis. It is three dots...not two...not four...not seventy five...THREE.

Hey.....you talkin to me?:p

Sort of like the Foo Bird, no?

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/56/180px-Goodfeathers.jpg

<h2>1. How long has the "Ha! Ha! Ha!" suggestion been in place for Santas in Sydney?</h2><p>The suggestion for Santas to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" in Sydney has been in place since 2017.</p><h2>2. Why is "Ho! Ho! Ho!" considered offensive to women?</h2><p>The phrase "Ho! Ho! Ho!" is considered offensive because it is seen as a derogatory term for women, similar to the word "whore".</p><h2>3. Is it mandatory for Santas in Sydney to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" instead of "Ho! Ho! Ho!"?</h2><p>No, it is not mandatory for Santas in Sydney to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!", but it is strongly encouraged to avoid any potential offense.</p><h2>4. Are there any other alternatives to "Ho! Ho! Ho!" that Santas can use in Sydney?</h2><p>Yes, some other alternatives that have been suggested for Santas to use in Sydney include "Ha! Ha! Ha!", "He! He! He!", or "Ho! Ho! He!".</p><h2>5. Is the "Ha! Ha! Ha!" suggestion only for Santas in Sydney or in other parts of Australia as well?</h2><p>The suggestion for Santas to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" instead of "Ho! Ho! Ho!" is mainly in place for Santas in Sydney, but it has also been adopted in other parts of Australia as well.</p>

1. How long has the "Ha! Ha! Ha!" suggestion been in place for Santas in Sydney?

The suggestion for Santas to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" in Sydney has been in place since 2017.

2. Why is "Ho! Ho! Ho!" considered offensive to women?

The phrase "Ho! Ho! Ho!" is considered offensive because it is seen as a derogatory term for women, similar to the word "whore".

3. Is it mandatory for Santas in Sydney to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" instead of "Ho! Ho! Ho!"?

No, it is not mandatory for Santas in Sydney to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!", but it is strongly encouraged to avoid any potential offense.

4. Are there any other alternatives to "Ho! Ho! Ho!" that Santas can use in Sydney?

Yes, some other alternatives that have been suggested for Santas to use in Sydney include "Ha! Ha! Ha!", "He! He! He!", or "Ho! Ho! He!".

5. Is the "Ha! Ha! Ha!" suggestion only for Santas in Sydney or in other parts of Australia as well?

The suggestion for Santas to say "Ha! Ha! Ha!" instead of "Ho! Ho! Ho!" is mainly in place for Santas in Sydney, but it has also been adopted in other parts of Australia as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pc_jessica
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies