• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Pronounce Chillzanne?

I'm not from around there.Do you know the date or place?I don't recall that....I'm not from around there.Do you know the date or place?
SilverCeladon
Is it Chill-zon? (that's how I would pronounce it)
Chill-zane?

Chills-on.

Like the chill is on (not off).

Got it! Thanks so much!

It chills on and on and on....

I've always said Chill-zane...hmmm

:D Very funny KG

Hmm. I always pronounce it chills-an. My director's name is Anne, so I figure "anne" is pronounced the same way. It's such a pattern now, I'm not sure I could change it.

raebates said:
Hmm. I always pronounce it chills-an. My director's name is Anne, so I figure "anne" is pronounced the same way. It's such a pattern now, I'm not sure I could change it.

Yeah, I find myself saying Chills-an too...although I think Chills-on is correct!

I'll break that habit after I break my habit of saying "spatula" :mad:

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, I find myself saying Chills-an too...although I think Chills-on is correct!

I'll break that habit after I break my habit of saying "spatula" :mad:

Haha, I hear ya! I go through the same thing with Santoku - the way I say it depends on the day!

The year they released them they played "The Chill is On" in the background...from Miami Vice days...

It is chills-on! It is even spelled out like that on some new consultant materials I was just going over with my recruit.

I said chill-zane for over a year but finally say it right now!!

While we are talking pronunciation....I had a guest at a show last week insist that it's not a "Trifle" Bowl, it's a "Truffle" bowl.......she didn't care how it was spelled - she KNEW that was how it was pronounced! I had a hard time not laughing out loud!:D

Did you sell her a truffle bowl?? I would take her money no matter what she called the product, LMAO!!

Exactly what Gillian said!!

THANK YOU for asking this. I've been meaning to! :)

So how do you say trifle:

TRY-FULL or Treh-ful.

According to the training tapes it's the first way but am I the only one who's brain wants to say it the second way? Tell me I'm not alone!

I say Tri-full... most people (including me up until a few weeks ago!) don't even know what it is, so I call it a decorative bowl a lot too!

BethCooks4U said:
So how do you say trifle:

TRY-FULL or Treh-ful.

According to the training tapes it's the first way but am I the only one who's brain wants to say it the second way? Tell me I'm not alone!
Treh-ful is what you have at the cash resgister when you go to Ryan's or Olde Country Buffet.

ChefBeckyD said:
While we are talking pronunciation....I had a guest at a show last week insist that it's not a "Trifle" Bowl, it's a "Truffle" bowl.......she didn't care how it was spelled - she KNEW that was how it was pronounced! I had a hard time not laughing out loud!:D

Becky,

Maybe it's a Michigan thing. A fellow consultant from Battle Creek had people doing this too. . .

Didn't she wonder why there isn't ONE picture of truffles in the bowl anywhere???

And a Exec I know who lives in Traverse City made a point at our February meeting of telling people that "it's not a triffle (trih-fel) bowl." I think she had been hearing that one a lot.

My DH called the trifle bowl a "TRUFFLE BOWL" as well and I just gave him the look but I had to forgive him....he's trying to help promote the business! But darn it....get it right! LOL! I say "chillson" and for the knife I say "santooko" I think that's supposed to be pronounced "santoko" though. Right?
JUDGES???????

chefjeanine said:
Becky,

Maybe it's a Michigan thing. A fellow consultant from Battle Creek had people doing this too. . .

That's so funny! Michiganders are not "big city" folks, are they?

And no, she didn't buy one - but she did book a show to get one! :) However, I recruited the host, so I won't be doing her "Truffle Bowl" Show for her!:p

You'd better prepare your new recruit so she doesn't learn the wrong name from this host!!

BTW- I say san-toe-coo!

At Conference last year, they emphasized that it's san-TOO-koh.

Isn't there two ways to say it? I thought I heard that on a product CD somewhere. With my luck there are two ways and I am still not saying it right, LOL!

haha, I am going to have to make flash cards so that I can practice.... I have my mind thinking some wrong pronunciations!

chefann said:

Yes, and didn't they come back later (somewhere) and say what they taught us was incorrect?

chefjeanine said:
Yes, and didn't they come back later (somewhere) and say what they taught us was incorrect?
I don't recall that. hmmm...

chefann said:
I don't recall that. hmmm...

Not that I know the "corrected" way to say it. . .I'm still using what I learned at conference. If you act like you know what you're talking about people will believe you. ;)

There are two correct ways to say Santoku

San TOE koo
San TOO koo

On my training CD it said they were both correct. On Food Network, though, they say San TOE koo, so that's how I say it.

Thank God I have been saying Chills- ON correctly!

KellyTheChef said:
There are two correct ways to say Santoku

San TOE koo
San TOO koo

On my training CD it said they were both correct. On Food Network, though, they say San TOE koo, so that's how I say it.

Thank God I have been saying Chills- ON correctly!
Thanks Kelly- I was pretty sure I heard it on the CD and have been saying it correctly, but then I got worried!

chefann said:

actually, the correct japanese version-(per the japanese -LOL) is

san TOE KOO - just as it is spelled.

they said that the san too koe is the americanized version, and it is "acceptable" but it is not truly correct.

Well my accent was saying Chills-ann. Like our very own Carmen Miranda :D

Funny enough, my mom thought my accent got more Texan when I lived in LA! I think she meant I had a twang....

hmmm.... tomato or tomatoe?San - like sand
Toe -
coo- like a baby

1. How do you pronounce Chillzanne?

The correct pronunciation is "chill-zan".

2. Is it pronounced "chill-zon" or "chill-zane"?

It is pronounced "chill-zan".

3. What does the name Chillzanne mean?

The name Chillzanne is a combination of the words "chill" and "suzanne", the founder of Pampered Chef, Suzanne B. Richardson.

4. Why is there a "z" in the name Chillzanne?

The "z" in Chillzanne is a play on the word "chill" and adds a unique twist to the name.

5. Is Chillzanne a made-up word?

Yes, Chillzanne is a made-up word specifically created for Pampered Chef's line of products for keeping food chilled and fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • BadGirl