• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you handle staying in touch with hosts while you're out of town?

In summary, the conversation revolves around staying in touch with guests and hosts while out of town, offering incentives for Catalog Shows, and discussing the upcoming National Convention. The speakers mention using postcards to keep in touch with hosts, bringing a digital camera to share new products, and teasing about upcoming incentives. They also mention not revealing new products until they are officially released and the importance of not angering HO. Finally, they discuss giving out new catalogs and avoiding hosts rescheduling for the new season.
Trish1953
Silver Member
Do you have a list or suggestions you use while you are out of town and trying to stay in touch with guests, hosts, etc.? Do you offer any incentives to hosts who do Catalog Shows while you are away? Unfortunately, I don't have a laptop to take but, some hotels have "public-access" ones. Is that true of the Chicago Hilton? We're doing to bring our digital camera so that, when we are able to, I can email pictures of the new products to my hosts, etc. As I understand they will have a good consultant incentive program, how do you let your folks know there will be something like that available to them? (Like a teaser to get them committed!) Will it be some sort of new Fall product?

Thanks for your help. I'm a first-time National convention.:cool:

Trish
Wave 1
At the Hilton

You could take some postcards already address, stamped and with a mesage on them and then mail them from conference. This way your host will know where you are and that you are thinking of them. They will then be eager to hear from you when you get home to know all about your trip. You will be so energized and that energy just might roll over to them.

Trish1953 said:
Do you have a list or suggestions you use while you are out of town and trying to stay in touch with guests, hosts, etc.? Do you offer any incentives to hosts who do Catalog Shows while you are away? Unfortunately, I don't have a laptop to take but, some hotels have "public-access" ones. Is that true of the Chicago Hilton? We're doing to bring our digital camera so that, when we are able to, I can email pictures of the new products to my hosts, etc. As I understand they will have a good consultant incentive program, how do you let your folks know there will be something like that available to them? (Like a teaser to get them committed!) Will it be some sort of new Fall product?

Thanks for your help. I'm a first-time National convention.:cool:

Trish
Wave 1
At the Hilton

We are not supposed to let people know what the new products are until they are released on Sept 1st. Imagine being one of the consultants in Wave 3 running into a PC customer who says "Hey - I hear you guys are coming out with ____ in the fall" before I even arrive at Wave 3?? That would really stink.

dannyzmom said:
We are not supposed to let people know what the new products are until they are released on Sept 1st. Imagine being one of the consultants in Wave 3 running into a PC customer who says "Hey - I hear you guys are coming out with ____ in the fall" before I even arrive at Wave 3?? That would really stink.

I have only been a consultant for least then a year so I am not sure what I am about to type is totally correct. When I received my super starter kit in August I was told to hand out the new catalogs and the mini catalogs as soon as I got them and then when the new spring/summer catalogs and mini catalogs are out I was told again to hand them out or even mail to customers as soon as I get them. No one told me that I couldn't tell anyone before September 1 and March 1.

:confused: If I have been telling people too soon let me know. I don't want to do anything that would anger HO:eek:

You CAN give out the new catalogs once all the sessions of National Conference are over. The change over kits, director product kits and products earned in the sell-a-thon are shipped the end of July. (Those attending National Conference can purchase the new products mini catalogs, invitations and recipe cards - everyone else can order them the end of July)

Once National Conference is over the only thing you have to worry about is that hosts might want to reschedule for the new season once they know the new things coming out.

Here's what I do to avoid that: I do not give them the new mini catalogs until AFTER their show. At the show I tease the guests with hints about the new products coming out and I tell them that I would be glad to give them the new catalog when they book their September show.

I remind the host that her guests will be able to order the things that are going to be discontinued so they will want to have that opportunity. I also tell her that she can hold a follow-up catalog show in September if she wants - then she can double dip on the Monthly host special and get an extra discount on her order too.

I send the mini catalog out to anyone who is sitting on the fence about booking a show and others. I send the September host packets out to all booked shows on the first of August. They are always excited to be among the first to see what's new!

Related to How do you handle staying in touch with hosts while you're out of town?

1. How often should I stay in touch with my hosts?

It is recommended to stay in touch with your hosts at least once a month. This will help maintain a good relationship and keep them engaged with future parties or events.

2. What is the best way to stay in touch with my hosts?

The best way to stay in touch with your hosts is through personalized methods such as phone calls, text messages, or handwritten notes. You can also use social media or email to send updates and reminders.

3. What should I include in my stay-in-touch messages?

In your stay-in-touch messages, it's important to include updates on new products, special offers, and upcoming events. You can also ask for their feedback or offer helpful tips and recipes.

4. How can I make sure my stay-in-touch messages don't come off as pushy or salesy?

To avoid sounding pushy or salesy, make sure to keep your messages personal and genuine. Avoid using too much sales language and focus on building a relationship with your hosts.

5. Is it necessary to stay in touch with my hosts even after the party is over?

Yes, it is important to maintain a relationship with your hosts even after the party is over. This can lead to future bookings and referrals, and also shows that you value their support and business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayPT
  • MLinAZ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • RachelNguyen