• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Handle a Host Who Won't Close Her Party?

In summary, this person is trying to get a show closed but the host is not cooperating. The host insists on dropping off the orders herself instead of letting the person who is trying to get the show closed do it. The host has not used their credits and the host wants to meet up in person to give the order to the person trying to close the show.
Singergirl_87
So this is getting crazy. I have a host who had her party on June 21 (yes, June), and STILL has not closed her show. She was out of town, her neighbor took forever to give her CC #, etc. I finally emailed her last night to give her a nudge, since she never returns my calls, and she emailed me back to say her 9 year old broke her arm over the weekend--can we close the show without her order!!!! :confused: It sounds to me that she's not going to finish her order anytime soon and I don't know what to do!!!

So, I have 2 problems. First--at some point I know you can't use the specials anymore. Does anyone know what that date is? My 2nd problem is I have a show this Thursday that's a booking from her show, and I'm sure she'd want to have the past host booking benefit since the specials are so great this month.

This is almost a $700 show! Some people are crazy...

Any suggestions?

If she doesn't want to order, make sure she understands that she cannot use this credit later, then don't make her. Just put in another co-host to reap the benefits, either draw a name from the other customers or (my personal fav) use your hubby's name and get it yourself!!! This way she still gets the 10% off and the past host special benefit, and so does your co-host (whoever it may be). :D

You only have until the end of the following month to get host and guest specials so in this case until the end of July.

i agree to make sure she knows she cannot go back and get her Free Product Value and the rest, then close the show. I would be tempted to use it for myself too!!! I think it's just a waste when it does not get put to good use. I cannot imagine wanting to give it up if I was her. I know your child being hurt is awful (from personal experience) but if he is not in the hospital it does not take but a few minutes to find something you want, especially when it's free!

Let her know that she can't get the booking benefit from her friend's show unless hers is submitted first.

Also, sometimes I'll leave a message stating that I have no choice but to choose the free product for her- that often makes them call back! But I agree with Stephanie- having her not get any benefits is even better!

This happens to me all the time- I'm not sure what I do that makes people procrastinate so much. I have a show from June that hasn't been submitted- the host wants the cookware for 1/2 price but she can't afford her half. I told her to collect enough orders to get the cookware for free or to join and get cookware sent for all kinds of miscellaneous incentives. She came to the meeting last night, so maybe she'll go for it!!

Another catalog show has been dragging on since beginning of June. First I tried to get the orders from her over the phone but she insisted on dropping them off for me....then I tried to get her order over the phone, but she wants to come meet up to give it to me! Then she didn't show up on the day we agreed! UGH! Why won't she tell me over the phone or email?

I haven't had a problem getting hosts to close shows. Maybe it's because I tell them I'll only give them a week to close so that those who order at the show can get their products without such a long delay. I haven't had any host not use their credits, but I have had one not use the booking benefit. It's hard to imagine somebody not wanting to get what they worked for. Anyway, I'd suggest you tell your hosts they only have a week to close up front and maybe that will help in the future. HTH.

Jeanie Gay

I tell them they have 3 business days to get orders, one day to phone them to me, and one day to figure out their order and get it to me to submit. I don't know why I have such trouble!

Hmmm. I don't know why you have problems, too. Some people just don't listen and think they can procrastinate forever. I'd just give her a date to close by and let her know she'll lose her benefits if she doesn't order by then. I liked the idea about putting down a co-host and getting them if she fails to order. Sounds like you did everything right. Some people just procrastinate. Good luck!

Jeanie Gay

If it's a $700 show then I would order things for her that she showed interest in. Then you can keep the items that she doesn't want and use as prizes or in your own kitchen. But ALL that free product shouldn't be yours cause she did do some work to earn it.

What a reliefThanks for all the input. I definitely have some ideas as to how to "sweetly" apply pressure if necessary in the future.

This has been the strangest day. The host that didn't want to close her $700 show FINALLY called me back tonite and closed her show--hurrah! But it wasn't just her--I had 2 other hosts call and close that were kind of dragging their feet, plus one of my past hosts called to sign up!!! These people called me!!! I didn't have to call them to nag!! Life is good! :p
I'm sleeping well tonite

Glad it worked out!Congratulations! I don't know what gets into some people.

I had a catalog show in March. The host called me, BTW! It took about two weeks to show the catalog and then she called me on a Wednesday and said that she'd call me Sunday to close. WELL, I never heard back from her. I emailed, mailed, called, and stopped by her job--not all at once, just periodically through March and April. I felt stalker-ish and then I gave up. My Mom works with her and says she does it all the time and that the last time my Mom ordered something it took months for her to get it. She said the lady kept blaming it on her sister who wanted to order a COOKWARE SET. :rolleyes: I felt I was putting my Mom in a tough spot and just told her to forget it. I haven't hearrd from her yet. I'll wait by the phone. LOL:D

Glad things worked out--but I don't know how u can close someones show without them or their input unless you had all $$ given to YOU night of show---I have mine all write me one check--so I have to wait on them

I waited 3 days on the last one--and when I sent an e-mail with a new flyer about using $40 towards kit credit--She is joining--so worth the wait--already has shows lined up:D

Chef susan said:
I waited 3 days on the last one--and when I sent an e-mail with a new flyer about using $40 towards kit credit--She is joining--so worth the wait--already has shows lined up:D

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

AJ Pratt --that is not the half of it--I may be signing 5 this month---2 are doing shows to get kit credit--1 signed--that host that just finished should sign today as her show has shipped and one HO lead-e-mailed to get step by step instructions on signing this a.m--I was worried as she said she was signing yesterday--:D --I haven't even sent out my recruiting flyer to try us for a month!!!

can't wait til my show this weekend--I am pumped!!!!!:D

WOW! I have got to get on the phone! But I have to wait until I get home. :(

I love the which apron 4 sale flyer???--I got on here---the host that took so long with as she called it the show that wouldn't end!!!--didn't know you could be a part time or just a catalog consultant--clearly she didn't listen to my show--LOL!!!!:D

What is "Host Dragging Out Closing..."?

"Host Dragging Out Closing..." is a term used in the Pampered Chef business to describe a situation where a host is taking a longer time than expected to close their party and submit their final orders. This can delay the consultant's commission and delivery of products to the customers.

Why does it matter if the host is dragging out closing?

When a host takes a longer time to close their party, it can affect the consultant's income and business. The longer the party is open, the longer it takes for the consultant to receive their commission and for customers to receive their products. This can also lead to a decrease in future party bookings and overall sales.

What can be done to prevent "Host Dragging Out Closing..."?

To prevent "Host Dragging Out Closing...", it is important for consultants to set clear expectations with their host from the beginning of the party. This includes discussing a closing date and time and reminding the host of the importance of closing the party on time. Consultants can also offer incentives for hosts who close their parties within a certain timeframe.

How can I politely remind my host to close their party?

When reminding your host to close their party, it is important to be polite and understanding. You can send a friendly message or make a quick call to remind them of the closing date and time. You can also offer to assist them with any questions or concerns they may have about closing their party.

What should I do if my host continues to delay closing their party?

If your host continues to delay closing their party, it is important to address the situation with them directly. You can explain the negative impact it has on your business and offer to help them close their party as soon as possible. If necessary, you can also reach out to your upline or Pampered Chef support for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Bren706