• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Parties: Tips to Get Hosts to Cooperate

In summary, this individual had three parties in the last two weeks and was finally able to close on one last night. The difficulty in getting in touch with the hosts since the parties has been difficult, but the individual likes to close parties on Wednesdays. Tips for getting hosts to cooperate with closing parties are appreciated.
booksx2
I have had 3 parties in the last 2 weeks and was finally able to close on one last night. I'm still waiting on the other 2 to close. It has been difficult to get in touch with my hosts since the parties. I like to close parties on Wednesdays after having them on the weekends. I do let the hosts know this upfront. How do you get hosts to cooperate? Any tips/pointers are appreciated.

I tell them up front that the longer they hold them open, the longer it will be to get them processed & in the mail. AND the more likely it is that people will forget that they made the charge & credit cards will start getting declined. I like to close 2-3 days after a show. Anyone who hasn't ordered by then, probably won't and there's no point in punishing the guests who ordered when the show was first opened by making them wait extra time for the procrastinators. ;)

Just remember that this is YOUR business. Try not to ask a host when they would like to close. Kindly tell them that "we will close the party on Wednesday - is 7pm a good time?"

Start at the 1st host coaching call. Tell them the closing date and they will have that as their expectation. If I do a Friday or Sat show I close on Monday!! (I do 48 hrs, but since I do't work Sunday's, Friday gets the extra day). Set the time with the host and that is it!!

Thank you all! I am going to be more assertive with this and clearly state it with the first host coaching call or visit!

This gets even more stressful...our area was hit extremely hard by the hurricane--lots of people with power outage. These 2 parties have still not closed. The two hostesses still do not have power! Ouch! I don't have power! Please pray that power is restored to all of us soon! Thanks!

booksx2 said:
This gets even more stressful...our area was hit extremely hard by the hurricane--lots of people with power outage. These 2 parties have still not closed. The two hostesses still do not have power! Ouch! I don't have power! Please pray that power is restored to all of us soon! Thanks!

Contact HO or your director. We got a call today that they are helping consultants in the affected areas. Check on the FEMA website to be sure your county is declared and then check pages 44 & 45 of the policy guide to learn how to apply for the help. ( it's an extension on promotions)

I hope your power is back on! My sister's power just came back on yesterday.

I agree with others about the host coaching, and you setting the expectation to close on a certain day. I do the same - and as a reminder, as I'm packing up, I put the host in my calendar and tell her we'll talk then to close! It seems to work for me!

Mountainmama... you always have the best advice!!! ;)

1. How can I get my host to invite more guests to the closing party?

To encourage your host to invite more guests, offer incentives such as a free product or discount for every guest they bring. You can also provide them with personalized invitation templates and remind them of the potential rewards they can earn from having a successful party.

2. What should I do if my host is not responding to my messages about the closing party?

If your host is not responding to your messages, try reaching out through different methods such as a phone call, text message, or social media. If they still do not respond, consider finding a new host who is more enthusiastic about hosting a closing party.

3. How can I make the closing party more engaging for my host and guests?

To make the closing party more engaging, plan interactive activities such as cooking demonstrations or games that involve the products. You can also encourage your host to share personal experiences and testimonials about the products to keep the guests interested.

4. What if my host is not interested in purchasing any products at the closing party?

If your host is not interested in purchasing products, remind them of the potential rewards they can earn, such as free products or discounts. You can also offer personalized recommendations and show them the value and benefits of the products.

5. How can I ensure my host cooperates with me during the closing party?

To ensure your host cooperates, communicate clearly and regularly leading up to the party. Provide them with all the necessary materials and support they need to host a successful party. Additionally, make sure to follow up with them after the party and thank them for their cooperation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kittychef
Replies