• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Show Success: Effective Strategies for Closing Your Event"

In summary, the conversation is about the effectiveness of closing a show on the night of the event. The speaker shares their struggles with implementing this strategy and mentions that they have had more success with closing the show a few days after the event. They also mention offering incentives for closing the show the same night and how this has worked in the past. The overall consensus is that while some prefer to close the show on the night of the event, others have found more success in giving the host a few days to gather additional orders.
pkd09
Silver Member
I am curious as to how many of you close the night of your show. I have tried to implement this but it seems to then always revert back to closing within a week after the show. I do add it to my host coaching calls (when I can reach the host!). Any tips would be appreciated.

I know people do it, but I just can't.My sales go up too much from people adding to orders after the show. There are always people who can't make it at the last minute, or who have to leave before placing their order, or who "want their sister/mother/neighbor/friend" to look at the catalog too before finishing their order...and really, even with lots of host coaching, my hosts will often do better with gathering more orders after the show than before the show. Once they see where they're at in sales, and that they are only $150 away from getting alot more free product, and more 1/2 items - it seems to spur them on to get those orders that get them to the level they want! Or, they will have their show during the week, but want to wait to close until the end of the week, for Payday...

The only time I insisted on closing the night of a show was to get a promotion. It was last month's FREE quilted tote promo.

I've only done it a handful of times....typically if the show is on the last day of the month. I'm greedy and want that show on my next paycheck and don't want to wait for it!! Plus, other reasons for getting it in on the same month, but ANYWAY, I stress ahead of time that we'll need to close out that night and push my host to get all of her outside orders early and to continually check in with people that aren't able to make it. I ask my host to also have an idea of what she would like to get with her free products.
With that said, in the 5+ years that I've been doing PC, I've only done this like maybe 4 times! I have to agree with Becky that my sales tend to go up a TON after I'm gone. I don't wait a week though, I typically give my host 2-3 days and again, I stress this before the show and then the night of the show. I simply pose it this way: "everyone is giong to love getting their products back quickly and Pampered Chef has been so great at shipping incredibly fast, that the sooner we close out, the sooner you'll get your goodies!" Something like that. Rarely do I have a host that doesn't close out within 3 days of her show.

Hi there! I completely understand your struggle with closing the night of your show. It can be challenging to get a hold of hosts and make sure they follow through with closing their show. One tip that has worked for me is to set a specific deadline for closing the show, such as within 48 hours of the show. This creates a sense of urgency for the host and they are more likely to close the show within that time frame. Additionally, make sure to follow up with them after the show and remind them of the deadline. Host coaching calls are also a great opportunity to emphasize the importance of closing the show that night and the benefits that come with it. I hope these tips help! Best of luck with your future shows.

What are some effective strategies for closing a Pampered Chef event?

1. Offer a special deal or promotion to encourage guests to make a purchase before leaving the event. This could be a discounted bundle or a free gift with a certain purchase amount.

2. Use a sense of urgency by reminding guests that the products are only available for a limited time or that the special deals will expire at the end of the event.

3. Demonstrate the products in action and highlight their benefits to show guests how they can improve their cooking or meal preparation experience.

4. Encourage guests to host their own Pampered Chef event and offer them incentives for doing so. This can help generate future sales and bookings.

5. Follow up with guests who did not make a purchase at the event and offer them personalized recommendations based on their interests and needs. This can help convert them into future customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • booksx2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
boisechef
  • pcchris